1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Dealers Spares part policies

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by kailashnj, Apr 25, 2011.

?

FIAT Spare parts policy

Poll closed May 25, 2011.
  1. Spare Policy is correct and we agree with FIAT

6.9%
  2. Needs to change the policy and sell parts over the counter

82.8%
  3. Its all dealers fault and its not FIAT policy

6.9%
  4. No comments

3.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Question: Why do people go for cheap counterfeits? Because the "genuine spare parts" are exorbitantly priced in most cases. Quality comes with a cost. But even after paying a high price, do we get the quality that we expect? I doubt. A bosch wiper blade is Rs 300. Whereas, the Punto wiper blade is Rs. 800+(Made in Genrmany). And, after paying 800 and getting the genuine spare, we see that it doesnt last a year. So, one cant blame people who go for cheaper alternatives for non-critical parts.
    Most dealers try to make money by "replacing" parts that can sometimes be repaired. Spare parts sale/replacement seems to be a main source of revenue for dealers. Making parts not available across counters is illeagal as per Competition Act, 2002. (http://www.cci.gov.in/images/media/competition_act/act2002.pdf).
  2. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    The answer to that questions is we buy counterfeits not because they are cheap but also because they are readily available. And what is the guarantee that the so called a.s.s will not rip your pocket out in the name of the labour. I know a person who had to pay Rs 999 as labour for a oil change at an A.S.S which is not what is warranted for.

This is what I am referring too - it is illegal but since no one is raising his voice - manufacturers are taking the customers for ride. We enthusiast should team up together and work for the enlightment of the customer rights. I am sure we will be sucessfull if we stand up against it together.
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Concorde motors Kochi, denied selling me 1 L of Engine oil citing the reason there is no over the counter sale. I had bought 1 L from Kulathunkal motors , TVM some time back
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is non-sense from one dealer, not Fiat policy.
  5. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    I have been denied engine oil at galaxy motors stating the same story no otc

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
  6. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Yesterday I had been to Pune and got to understand that in Pune you can get any FIAT car parts over the counter and if that is the case why is it different in Mumbai -FIAT are you listening.
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    All the blame goes to TATA and no one elz..their policies r really unacceptable..At sum TASS they sell over the counter and some not...FIAT shud seriously do sumthin about this..the rising prices of spares are also a concern to me now..What is FIAT thinking off??
  8. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    I do not believe that its very strictly enforced company policy. But the truth is .... the dealers do it for obvious reasons. Why I think so .... in Delhi I have bought so many items OTC at atleast three dealers. I have never been refused OTC sale. Of course these items included only small things like wiper blades, various kinds of oils and other fluids... many many Armrests.

Next time any dealer refuses OTC sale, can we ask them some policy statement of company to this effect.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiats should make a mandatory to keep the spare of their cars, and might keep rotating with other TASS if required, in this the sale of spare from the plant will rise, and TASS should insist on original parts to the owners.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

CCI probes carmakers on parts, servicing

CHENNAI: Top carmakers including Fiat, Honda and Volkswagen are under investigation by the Competition Commission of India (CCI) for restricting the supply of spare parts and technical know-how for servicing cars in the open market.
    The spares and service scan, crucial if the customer is to have a choice about where he wants his car to be serviced and repaired, was kicked off when the CCI reacted to a consumer complaint earlier this year and instituted an investigation against MNC car companies on the question of spare parts availability in the open market. The director-general investigation is preparing his report and all three companies have received notices on the matter.
    "Honda has received a notice from CCI on this matter. We are responding to them under the legal framework. All the business practices adopted by Honda Siel Cars India fully abide various laws governing us as we follow a very strict code of corporate governance and none of the activities compromise on any law,' a spokesperson of Honda Siel said. Volkswagen India and Fiat spokespersons refused to comment. Maruti said it is "responding' to the CCI "communication'.
    The CCI probe is the result of a consumer complaint on car companies and dealerships controlling the spare parts and servicing business through their dealerships. The contention is that when car brands have a limited distribution network, customers face inconvenience if their city does not have a workshop or dealer outlet. As a result the consumer is held hostage to the OEM dealerships and by controlling the supply of spares and technical knowhow , car companies and their dealers also control the price of spares and services.
    Automakers said that the controlled sale of spare parts does not break any law and is important to check the supply of spurious parts. Besides , "car service and repair requires trained manpower and right tools which are only available at authorized dealerships,' said the Honda Siel spokesperson

Source:- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...s-on-parts-servicing-/articleshow/8564191.cms

Does this mean that we would be getting Fiat Genuine parts in open market Soon?