1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Dealers/Service Centers - Coverage and Issues

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by srinivaschandalada, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    - Yes, I have found a semi-decent mechanic. Besides, do you expect one to run around searching for mechanics? Not many are prepared to attend to a Fiat btw.
    - Spares from 99rpm: as you might already know, 99rpm has stopped stocking Linea/Punto spares. Although, they are expected to resume in the future

I am sure you have credible inside information about Fiat trying to setup dealerships EVEN in smaller towns. That being said, both Jorhat and Dibrugarh are two very important places in Assam. I don't need to guarantee enough customers from these places. There already are many current Fiat owners from these two locations alone. Just that not many are members of forums such as this. Besides, all other mainstream manufacturers have dealerships in either or both of these locations.

Do you try and get to the point whenever someone comments on the ride/handling/build quality etc. of a Fiat? These things are well known and yet members here (myself included) bring them up whenever a Fiat is compared with a vehicle from another manufacturer. Similarly, why does it pinch when someone posts negative experiences, even if in multiple threads? I don't think what I have posted above is irrelevant. Besides, I was asked by a moderator to discuss service-related issues on this thread and not on my ownership thread.

Thanks for the suggestion. What made you think that I haven't tried doing that already? Nevertheless, that dealer is still not operational.

cheers man
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. vijay

vijay Timido

assam
    i called mahesh motor on 15/10/14. they told that service centre will be operational within last of this month. meanwhile fiat has left us in middle of trouble. i am facing lot of problem with my punto. can you suggest some other mechanic or workshop in guwahati.
  3. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Hi Vijay,

Disappointing to note that Mahesh Motors is still not operational, inspite of Fiat India claiming the opposite. There is no other option than to wait out till the end of the month I guess. Even I am driving around with a jammed bonnet with no solution in sight.
  4. Aditya Gupta

Aditya Gupta Timido

Tinsukia
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys i got call twice from a guy named saurav .. he works under fiat nd was appointed earlier under green valley guwahati..
    He said that fiat is coming up with two showrooms + service centre at Dibrugarh and Jorhat..
    I own a fiat 90 hp nd thanks to God's grace my car is trouble free except some minor body sounds but u have started to feel now that service and maintenance has become an issue now.
  5. visu14

visu14 Timido

ongole
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Kolkata now has another, new Fiat dealership, and FASS: Austin Fiat, with a brilliant location right on Chowringhee, near new Market, not far from Park Street. Austin is a very old and venerable dealership, and apparently also have a Hyundai and Royald Enfield franchise, though i guess they began with HM? The family that owns Austin has a good reputation, I gathered.

I found on my recent visit to Calcutta, when I came accidentally upon Austin Fiat, that the sales and managerial staff are well trained, informed and mannered, and certainly a darned sight better than the dubious 'human resources' that I've found in dealerships, not just Fiat ones, in Delhi-Gurgaon! ;-)

I do hope their FASS operations are fully underway, and are of good quality. Though I guess their official launch may not have happened yet. When that happens, soon, I was told they were going to get going promoting and advertising themselves. Not a moment too soon, given that Calcutta's been a laggard in Fiat's new dealership rollout.
    sandipan_r15 and pabhishek like this.
  7. SANJAY KUMAR JAISWAL

SANJAY KUMAR JAISWAL Timido

B-37/6, RRCAT COLONY, INDORE
    INDORE
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat is not having showroom or service centre at Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh)
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi @SANJAY KUMAR JAISWAL !
    Welcome to TFI! Seems this is your first post on Tfi :)

Is there absence of FASS since tata-FIAT split? Your signature says Indore.

How are you managing your ride since then? Any good old trusted technician?
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. SANJAY KUMAR JAISWAL

SANJAY KUMAR JAISWAL Timido

B-37/6, RRCAT COLONY, INDORE
    INDORE
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No there in no trusted technician is there anyhow by topuping power steering oil I finished my journey.
  10. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Goa
    Dear Sanjay,
    Could not follow your post. Do you mean you are/were in midst of journey and could not locate fiat service station? Please write in detail.