1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Dealers/Service Centers - Coverage and Issues

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by srinivaschandalada, Sep 12, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Shiva,

Has this issue been communicated to Fiat India, if not do write to them on their FB page. I am sure Fiat must be taking the neccessary actions to resume the services back in your town.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It is indeed sad, and I am afraid it will take time for which you couldn't help but wait or move on or find some other alternative; meanwhile you could as ghodlur suggested try communicating the exact para with Fiat. Matter of fact just copy paste the above and send to Fiat with few modifications where necessary.
  3. shiva_pr

shiva_pr Timido

manipal
    Dear ghodlur and asimpleson,
    I have posted the above matter in FIAT FB. Lets wait for their reply. Otherwise it is better to sell and go for different brand.
  4. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    @punto11 : Any update on the upcoming dealership at Guwahati? I was having a conversation with a Linea owner a few minutes back. His 2012 Linea is in a pitiable condition and cannot be driven properly. Apparently, Fiat has stopped responding to his mails. I have passed on the contact details of the Oriental Motors guys to him. Hope he manages to get his car back on the road.
  5. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    @Rituraj got a call from fiat yesterday stating that a new service centre dealer will come up in Guwahati in next 10 to 15 days and they closing my complaint about unavailability of fiat service. I don't know how will I travel 1200 km for service to Guwahati after this Mahesh fiat comes up. Now that I feel TFI also dying slowly don't know who will help us
  6. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    With so many owners from Assam complaining at the same time, I just fail to understand what stops Fiat India from sending a team of technicians across to solve the serious issues with their cars. This way they can not only buy themselves some time, but also bring some relief to many current Fiat owners. This has by far been my biggest grudge against Fiat India. I have already sent them many mails requesting this but it seems they are just not bothered. :banghead:
    Aditya Gupta likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Rituraj,

Deepyly understand your frustration, but you must understand sending a team of technicians without any support backup in terms of spares and administration would do no good to the Fiat owners in Assam. They will have to establish the dealership & Service setup in the area first. Fiat India had replied your complaints on their FB page (11th September) by mentioning the new Fiat dealer i.e Mahesh Motors for Guwahati and also mentioned their CRM's mobile no (CRM +91 9864601984). Suggest to have a word with the CRM and explain the issue so that attending to the problems in your car would be easier. I know you must have written to Fiat, but having a one to one call always helps.

@punto11 - Why do you say TFI is dying slowly, couldnt understand. TFI isnt an entity who directly talks to Fiat India.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I have already spoken to the CRM of Mahesh Motors, Guwahati (she was also the CRM of the earlier Green Valley Fiat, Guwahati). The dealership/service center isn't fully ready yet to serve vehicles. There is a possibility that it would be ready in another 15-20 days time.

As regards to your other point, Fiat could have definitely helped out the owners who have had serious issues. If sending a team of technicians wasn't feasible, it could have taken the help of the Tata dealers. The sheer intent was missing. The guys at Fiat appear to be a bunch of lazy fellows with an indifferent and irresponsible attitude towards providing service to its own products.

It's not that once the dealership comes up, it would solve the woes of all Fiat owners from Assam. At the most, it would only be beneficial to the Fiat owners residing in and around Guwahati. Even when the earlier Green Valley Fiat was operational, it refused to send a team to attend my car, which was almost undriveable due to the sudden powerloss issue. Currently, I am driving around with a jammed bonnet and a bunch of other issues. If my car breaks down while on the 320km journey to Guwahati, imagine the strife that I would be in. Likewise, there are many other owners, for e.g the one that I had mentioned about in an earlier post, whose cars are not in a properly driveable condition.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Fiat India has opened a new dealer/workshop in Patna, Bihar. The details are avaiable in Fiat FB page, posting for everybody's convinience. Can Patna TFIians confirm this? Any experiences to share? Strangely Fiat India's Find a dealer section on their website is behaving erratically, hence cant confirm if this is already listed on website.

RRUKMANI GROUP AUTOMOBILES INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
    Kankarbagh Patna Near Kumhrar Park, Kumhrar, Main Road Kankarbagh Patna Bihar 800020
    e-mail: rukmanibuildtech@yahoo.in;
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Rituraj

Haven't you found a decent mechanic + spares from 99rpm/Dimapur/Kolkata dealers to tide you over till the new Fiat dealership comes up?

Bad as I feel for you I have to point out that Fiat ARE trying to setup independent dealerships EVEN in smaller towns with lower demand. Now, can you guarantee Fiat enough custom in a small town like Jorhat or say Dibrugarh to be even remotely viable?

I just cannot see the point of all these posts on multiple fora: how can Fiat set up service centres in every nook and corner of the country? Only Maruti and maybe Tata or Mahindra can.

You've been the victim of bad timing: what with the break-away from Tata etc., which as you know was universally welcomed elsewhere in the country.

Can I suggest that you try and speak to the new Guwahati dealer and see if a service camp/van-type arrangement can be made? That would be constructive, and maybe viable?

cheers man