1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Dealers/Service Centers - Coverage and Issues

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by srinivaschandalada, Sep 12, 2014.

1. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    If there is a state in India without a capital , and a fiat dealer it is Andhra Pradesh. The numbers of dealers and fiat service stations fell to 3 after the breakup with Tata and to zero after the state was divided. I am from Kakinada a b class city where there are 100 + lenias and puntos. After the separation from tata we got our cars serviced by a very reliable and efficient workshop known as popular automobiles. This workshop used to get its spares from a a dealer in Hyderabad. and later on with public pressure, and demand for new cars acted like a sub dealer for the main dealer and sold many cars sourced from the dealer at Hyderabad, since it was the only dealer in Andhra Pradesh. Every thing was fine until the state was divided.
    Now popular automobiles has 11 punto evo bookings and 6 Aventura enquries (including me ) and two lenia bookings. but unfortunately every thing came to grinding halt when we learnt that we had to pay the duties and taxes of both the states. With lots of mails and pressure on fiat India from a couple us we were able to get authorised service center status to popular automobiles, but haven't succeeded in getting a dealership status. Many have fizzled out and bought the new i20. God help fiat
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thats sad state of affairs with Fiat I must say, no back up contingency plan to address such issues. There has been a thread on the forum where a TFIian Harsh has the dealership for Vijaywada city, dont know if this is close to your place. But you will have to wait for atleast a month more for the workshop to be fully operational. Carwale shows 5 dealers of Fiat in Andhra Pradesh although Fiat Wesbite shows only 3 (Hyderabad specific).
  3. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3

Really sad to hear about this, even in a city like Mumbai being A class city they have only 2 authorised dealers, and for Navi mumbai only 1, that also a pity.. where maruti n hyundai is opening there points in each and every small cities of Mumbai and suburbs..
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Really sad to hear the state of affairs.Hope FIAT INDIA will do something concrete sooner than later.
  5. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Yeah even I am also native near to Kakinada. Fiat is setting up new dealership in Vijayawada and when compared to Hyderabad, Vijayawada is very near to Kakinada. Yeah that's true we can find more fiats & Yamaha RX(Bikes) series in Kakinada. And there is a talk in our district, people in Kakinada are very educated :)

Mod Note: Kindly use proper punctuation and capitalize the words appropriately. Thanks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
  6. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Couple of months back I posted on fb page of Fiat India highlighting the same to which Fiat India replied that two new dealerships will be opened in Vizag and Kakinada shortly. And I heard A V Motors, Hyderabad, is planning to open somewhere near Pradampadu, Vijayawada. My friend brought a news that someone from Bhimavaram is planning to open a Dealership outlet.

Earlier I used to take my car to Hyderabad but now a Fiat India trained Mechanic who worked with Tata Motors has opened his own workshop in Guntur, on the back side of Jasper Motor, Tata showroom, and am getting my GP Epack serviced at his workshop.

Recently, I had replaced all fluids, cleaned the EGR and replaced the timing chain.

I stay in Rajahmundry and travel frequently to Guntur and Vizag and have my Odo now at 104000.

I wanted to finalize of changing my car after seeing Avventura, either the New Linea or the Avventura.

Even two of my friends are eagerly waiting to buy the Avventura but due to Non Availability of Dealers in entire AP, new state, we have no options but to wait till Fiat India opens Dealership outlets.

I share the Mechanic details which would help fellow tfians.

Arif 9000315666, Adil Motors, Back side of Jasper Motors, (Tata Showroom), Guntur. He is youngster and has two training certificates Fiat India.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 12, 2014 ---
    carwale information is old, way back when Tata & Fiat JV was existing.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    prabhjot and rajks like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Your new Avventura from your new Fiat dealer in AP will be great!

Or rather the former will be great while the latter will be interesting. ;-)

regards, all the best, do keep us updated with the (new) dealer sales/ASS situation over there.
  8. punto11

punto11 Amatore

according to fiat India facebook page, Mahesh fiat Guwahati will be operational by the month end.
    Rituraj, Raj_pol and prabhjot like this.
  9. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    They have been delaying it. Hope it does indeed come up by the month-end. However, from the way things stand right now, I don't think there is another one in the pipeline. Given the number of Fiat cars and the size of the state, Assam needs at the very least 4-5 service centers. Nevertheless, one is better than none.
  10. shiva_pr

shiva_pr Timido

I had purchased Punto from Hanuman Motors, Udupi in 2012 and a proud owner of FIAT. Service quality was good at Hanuman Motors. However, now they closed their FIAT service at udupi after FIAT - TATA breakup. Now, all FIAT owners in around udupi manipal are facing problem. We all need to drive our vehicles to Mangalore, round about 150KMs, for every small problem. For services under warranty it takes more than a day for approval from FIAT and you need to revisit the service centre again.

If this continues, I assume there are no more customers for FIAT from udupi-manipal. Manipal being International University Town having large student population, professors, doctors and industries and a lot. Till now I used to find here and there new FIAT vehicles and was Happy to see. However, due the closing of service centre in UDUPI, FIAT attraction is surely going down. Hence, it is a request to FIAT on behalf of all FIAT customers in around UDUPI - Manipal to start an exclusive service centre @UDUPI/Manipal just like all other branded cars. OR atleast the Mangalore service centre people should provide 2 -day camp every week or sunday in udupi in their showroom
    mangeshtendulkar and prabhjot like this.