1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat, dealer asked to replace car by forum

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by avithe1, Jul 18, 2013.

1. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Guys,

Came across this news in todays TOI (page 5). Dont know how to get the permalink to the e-paper.

Here's the news:

Automobile firm,dealer ordered to replace faulty car
    "Mumbai: An automobile company and a car dealer will have to replace a faulty car that an Uran resident had purchased in 2010.Alternatively,Fiat Indian Automobile Ltd and Fortune Care Pvt Ltd will have to refund Rs 8.5 lakh along with interest amounting to Rs 1.7 lakh to the complainant,Rajendra Padte.
    Padte will also receive Rs 25,000 as compensation for mental harassment and Rs 5,000 as cost of the complaint.
    In the complaint filed before the Additional District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum in August 2011,Padte said he purchased the car,a Fiat Linea Emotion PK,in October 2010 from the Navi Mumbai showroom.
    On February 17,2011,he was driving the car when it stopped.He took it to the showroom.A few days later,the car was returned to Padte;he was told that there was an air lock in the car and that it has been fixed.In March 2011,the car stopped for the third time.
    On March 16,2011,Padte sent a written complaint to the showroom,asking it to replace the car as it was still in the warranty period.After his request was denied,he filed a complaint in the forum.
    The automobile company and the car showroom did not file their replies in the forum.Pointing out that Padte would have to repeatedly foot the bill to repair the car as the warranty period was over,the forum said the problem was a manufacturing defect and hence the car must be replaced." -- Times of India , page 5 , Mumbai edition

This is really bad, especially for potential Fiat buyers (like me). I know this can happen with any manufacturer but still its bad news.
    1 person likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes its really a bad news. The top honchos should step in and really look into such matters. But what the article means when it says forum??? I am guessing Consumer court? :O
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You are going by an extremely small sample size to base your opinions on. It is certainly not the case. Have a read of the Ownership threads on TFI and the day to day experiences , good or bad , by the owners are there for all to see. That is a far better data to base a decision on.

As you said, Lemons happen with every manufacturer. A guy purchased a brand new BMW M5 and during the very first trip - the engine blew! As they say - it happens.

On another note, we need more instances of such judgements. Manufacturers need to be on their toes all the time. The concept of "Lemon Laws" needs to be implemented in India as soon as possible too.

Cheers.
    4 people like this.
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    But happens with all ? Even i have to file a complaint now i guess.. Today, it was the deadline which they gave me, but not even a single call.
  5. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    As long as we have lemon politicians and lemon planners, manufacturers will enjoy their stay here. On a different thought, is this a reason why all auto manufacturers invest in India to have a happy earning without any replacement head aches :confused:
    Wish the consumer redressal forums also accept complaints on the city corporations for laying bad roads.

Does Punto/Linea come with automatic vapour bleeding units? or does it come with some manual ways of bleeding the air from the fuel lines as stated in point 7 of the following link?
    http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/factsheet/fm-01.pdf

Ohh is your Linea also suffering from air lock issue? or is it the steering pull problem you are talking about?
  6. hellovineet

hellovineet Timido

New Delhi
    Fiat deserves it. Very good decision. My car suspension has been changed 3-4 times in last 1 year for 1 reason or another. Sometimes, shocker, sometimes, link rods, Suspension mount twice. The same problem repeats every couple of months. Even after writing on different forums and to different people in fiat, there is no call back, not inquiry. They just don't care. A very good decision.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I'm having the steering pulling issue! Fibally they said sir we cannot do the needful. We have changed everything but still no use..
  8. Why don't you try with harish once, what's the point in banging the heads FASS when they say they cannot.If i were you I will try with Harish once or sell of the car.
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I have contacted Mr Harish. Nice gentleman.. He asked me to visit his service station once.. I will be visiting him but the point is when will i get my car back?!

I have already put it up for sale.
  10. I am sorry to say this, you are giving it up very quickly.I have trouble free car now and i am enjoying it more than ever but it also had similar issues you can check my ownership thread.But with little patience,love and finding right man to take care of car will do world of good for you as well as for car.

Please get your car back from Vecto, with all the detailed bills about what is changed and what is not go to Harish. It might save you a few lakhs of rupees on new car.
    Every car will have such niggles may or may not be resolved by ASS(As many of them just know how to change the oil),will you go on selling all such cars? unless you are very rich and able to afford it.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.