1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip

You are right to point out that Fiat is not the only 'marginal' or 'niche' manufacturer in this car bazaar: the same is true of Ford, Renault, Nissan, Chevy, Skoda and VW too. A few of these are just one trick ponies in that they have zilch brand value/trust if it weren't for the very great USP of one model each, because they were first-movers (Ecosport and Duster).

But Fiat has the Punto and soon the Avventura ;-) too AND, more importantly, a something like equal share in every Tata car made at the profitable JV plant in Ranjangaon (at least 3333 in sept) + diesel engine + AMT gearbox actuator sales. So, why worry, then?

Also: how do you explain the FACT that Fiat's the only non-east asian firm to have albeit off a low base significant growth year-to-date, and over the last twelve months, even as sales have been recessionary for everyone else until three months ago, when they picked up...but only for Maruti, Honda and Hyundai. Fiat's on the up, these other niche players are going down despite their hot selling one-off models.

At this rate, in two years, your worries may be over! ;-)

You remain right though about the Linea's potential sales being to some degree deflated by terrible marketing and advertising support, esp during the new dealer rollout phase, the stupidity of the Linea Classic idea etc. Let's see what they do with the Linea next year.

Meanwhile: the Avventura's coming! Though acechip doesn't like the celebrity Ms. Khan, and I can't say I feel that she'll add too many sales, either. ;-) The Linea's charms are, apparently, lost on most buyers in its segment, their loss as much as Fiat's. But the Avventura's might be a lot more compelling?
    zenwalker and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    First i too didn't like ms. Khan for Avventura ad. But she is not like others all the three ads in youtube has more than 2 lk views. I think it's just because of her tweets.
    zenwalker and prabhjot like this.
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet

Glimpses Of the Avventura - Pune
  4. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Murphy_Fiat & @prabhjot Getting Ms Khan seems to be the first correct thing that Fiat is doing. Now if they plan for a new high mileage car somewhere at or slightly below the Swift range. Get poor quality sheet metal, thin (chikni chameli tyres) etc and then sell it for power and mileage. Powerful engine + light car will make for a good proposition. And while you are at it can you get the damn gearbox improved :D. Much as you might want to say sir @prabhjot Fiat with iconic brands like the Ferrari under it's hood still cannot get a gear box done properly :p. Finally get someone more popular to advertise for the same. I would love to see Deepika advertise for it. :D

p.s how cool would it be to see an ad with Deepika driving a cute powerful car around the streets of India? ;)
  5. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

I would not want to agree that fiat should be doing it because Honda have done the same with amaze, Toyota with Etios. Why should it be done that way. Why should anyone dilute on the way they build the car.

Take Toyota for instance, they have burnt their finger badly after what happened to their brand image when Etios failed to pull people after the initial launch craze. See the way amaze is, they do not even provide a sound damping in their bonnet for diesel engine and I personally know a lot of people complaining about engine noise. How long this will go for sale, I have my own doubts.

We need to understand that, though there is a small group of followers relatively for FIAT, we all respect it for what it is.
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Here you can do a comparison between india and china. China believes in quantity not quality india believe in quality nit quantity. So the income may be less compare to china. But slowly india will capture the market with its quality. Even fiat bashers do accept the fact that fiat car's are built like a tank and it gives confidence on road. So fiat is not ready to compromise on its quality. Eventually fiat will achieve the quantity too.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Received a call from Pandit Auto Pune : The lady on phone is telling that you own a Linea and are you interested in Avventura ?
    said the car will be on display at week end and delivery of vehicle can be possible for Diwali.
    also she was asking phone numbers of relatives and friends who are having plans to purchase any car this Diwali.
    zenwalker, prabhjot and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Murphy_Fiat and @pv_krish See there are two issues here we must understand and that is good stuff will not always sell. That is the way of the world and we have to accept it. I mean see there have been great firms in the past which have died out simply because their products did not sell.

Now, I am talking simply from the perspective of sustainability. I mean India must be the only country in the world that has cars with 1 air-bag. What the hell does it mean? The co-passenger dies and the driver is saved. :p Folks here would rather have colorful lights and ugly sounding speakers but no safety equipment. FIAT cannot change India; to try to do that is suicide. What it can do is adapt and survive.

p.s. I love the tank like build of EVO. As a co-passenger mentioned, travelling at 120 feels like you are strolling in a a park.
    bharath, zenwalker, prabhjot and 2 others like this.
  9. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    adapting to India means to have a better 0 to 100 figures and more than 100 PS power on paper and a more than 26 kmpl ARAI certification, nobody will bother about the weight of car,
    seems reverse trend for FIAT their cars keep on gaining weight and others keep on loosing it.
    there are many weight loss advt. so it seems FIAT should go to those weight loss clinics.:D
    Raj_pol likes this.
  10. Drive4freedom

Drive4freedom Novizio

Bangalore
    Wonder why none of the auto mags/reviewers who have posted their review of avventura haven't posted a video except Autocarindia. Some selective embargo on them by Fiat?! If yes, why is it.
    prabhjot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.