1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jagan Mohan Reddy

Jagan Mohan Reddy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear Mr.Acechip

then how we all are getting mails

Thanks & Regards,
    Jagan Mohan Reddy (FIAT TEAM)

Cell: +91-9550362696
  2. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    @acechip Why is the future of linea needs to be worried of?:sorry:
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Guess he means resale value?
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  4. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    I took it otherwise:woot:
  5. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    When one buys a FIAT, the first thing and the only thing that one would surely know is the low resale value of a FIAT car. Reliability, spares availability, cost of ownership etc. all come into the picture later. And considering that most of the FIAT owners know the car and the company inside out along with the fact that he/she is a member of this forum, I can safely assume one would know all the goods and the bads of a FIAT.

So why bother about it?
    prabhjot and bharath like this.
  6. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Ichimaru when I discussed about poor resale value of Fiat cars with a SA, he confidently said the scenario will change within short time. He said Fiat is working hard on reestablishing it's brand value in India. He said Interesting car launches, appropriate pricing, improving dealerships and service centers will improve brand perception in the next two years. Hope Fiat is going in the right direction.
  7. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    To be honest with you, FIAT is doing all that albeit slowly. In marketing it is said than REBUILDING a brand is much more difficult that building a brand; at times almost impossible. Having said that, I do not see the resale of Linea getting any better as it does not sell well and FIAT's image only makes it worse.
    To change the perception of people (read herd mentality) is no easy task!
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

Okay, so I went in for the Linea T-Jet with a 1.5 lac discount dangling in front of me, and I swiftly ended my dzire for 4lacs. I did have an idea of Fiat's less than stellar reputation. But here is the stuff that bothers me most:
    1) Fiat broke off with Tata -doesnt seem to have done a world of good for its reputation
    2) Fiat SPA took over Chrysler- no change in India strategy
    3) Fiat India leadership changed thrice since 2011.
    4) Absolutely no brand building effort- they abruptly stopped the T-Jet in May-2011, for a period of nearly 2 years. And did not even advertise it much when they brought it back last year. In between, their advertising plummeted to new depths in 2012 (literally, if you know what I mean!)
    I am not afraid to buy untested cars/those without reputation-I brought a Micra CVT only because I thought it was a better deal overall than a Honda Brio-AT, for just 30000 extra.
    But most of these "fringe" manufacturers (for the lack of a better word) have atleast 1 trump card with them to ensure brand reputation:
    Ford has the Ecosport, Renault/Nissan have the Duster/Terrano, Skoda has the Rapid -and inspite of poor A.S.S, a better brand rep than Fiat.
    Why did Fiat not bother to hardsell what they really have ? Look at one of the "features" that Ciaz is offered with- sunblinds at the rear. Linea has had it for quite some time, for cryin out loud! Not to mention speed-sensitive stereo volume, speed-sensitive intermittent wipers.
    Thats why I am worried about Linea's future. No support from the company itself. Nissan not "supporting" an Evalia. Ford not supporting a "Fiesta Classic" is perfectly understandable.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    But they just revamped it, facelifted it, relaunched it. They even advertised it, ineffectually in the face of the utter craze for the Honda City. They even displayed it in a few malls (in Gurgaon at least.) They did lots of testimonial videos of its owners on the website. And it is still a great car at a steal of a price. Now: they will discount it, until they maybe perhaps throw in the bigger diesel into it next year. And still see it NOT sell.

As i keep saying: the fault is not Fiat's (or our's), it is the market culture in this segment, that's all. The Punto seems to sell kind of ok, steadily, the Linea hasn't for a long while, it was damaged much more than the Punto by Fiat's go slow in 2013 as the independent dealers were being setup. Now it's too late, hence the focus on the Evo and the Avventura.

But they'll support it well as far as service and spares go. Though perhaps not much at all as far as marketing and advertising goes.

The car sells what it has to sell. It is bought only by those who are going to buy it! ;-)
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Still aggressive marketing is required from fiat. They are yet to conquer the local channels/medium. The local channels is what makes the wife populace of all age factor to recognize.
    prabhjot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.