1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Avventura being compared with Ecosport by the media houses itself is a first step success for this product. :)
    Murphy_Fiat, prabhjot and kedarbendre like this.
  2. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I would disagree but then that is what a forum is for. See the Fiat fails because of it's reputation (includes after-sales) and it's insanely bad marketing. Look at the Avventura, which is just a modified Punto. The reason for the buzz is not because of it's properties but because of the marketing. Correct me if I am wrong but this is the first Fiat ad in recent times with Indian actors and scenes. Even the Punto ad looks European. Compare that with the Honda Mobilio ad. They advertise it for mileage and there is the great Indian family. Uncles, aunts kids and all. People relate to that, not to a brilliant engine. If Fiat want's volumes they have to stop listening to us. Do smart cost cutting, remove safety features, get the bling (audio systems, chrome and so all), advertise for mileage and run a solid promotional campaign and see where it takes them. It is high time they started working on the buzz and the volumes. Only a few care for the engines (I do - a 190HP turbocharged engine on a punto is my wet dream) but nope that is not going to sell.

Abrth will charge a high premium on the brand and it is again not going to work because they do not have brand recall in India.
    acechip, adisrini1103 and pdash like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Well that's just untrue: Fiat has done several ads THIS YEAR and last starting with the 'make the move' ads with local actors, settings and flavours.

They cannot do a Honda or Hyundai. Why? Because they are Fiat i.e., a European brand with character and identity and heritage both in India and in Europe and Latin America. Brands are not just hollow things you know? They have a force or even inertia, if you will, and cannot/should not be twisted out of shape and character.

In any case I think the buzz, such as it is, around the Evo (which is just a facelift of a pretty old product) is because not despite the 'italian/european' styling of the car and of its advertisement. The greater buzz around the Avventura is also so far a function of product design and specification USP, in a segment where the dominant 3 east asian firms have no offering. They've showcased it, that's the difference.

I learnt recently that Honda in India is sitting on thousands of crores of accumulated losses, while Fiat's Tata JV is making profits. Fiat India's making good progress: first independent dealers and FASS, then new Linea/Punto + Avventura, meanwhile much more mother-brand as well as product marketing. Obviously implementation of all of these has had major lacunae and deficits, but i don't think a brand with troubles in the marketplace can just be turned around on a dime.

Let's see about Abarth's pricing: an Indian-made Punto with the locally-made t-jet engine tuned to say 120 hp and the Abarth kit, they could keep it (well) below 10 lakhs ex-showroom? There is a tiny but growing niche market for affordable high performance cars, as shown by the VW Tsi and Tdi Polo GT. I don't see why Abarth cannot take a big, high-margin bite of that small pie. It'll run rings around the VW Polo GT models, that's a given! ;-)

I feel like betting on the t-jet being introduced in a few months' time on the Avventura: anyone care to make that wager?! ;-) ;-)
    bharath likes this.
  4. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I will and this is on print. I hope that you win though and if they plonk in a T-jet with 120 BHP on a Punto soon enough I might just go for that.
    zenwalker and prabhjot like this.
  5. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Guys The true reason behind Avventura's Buzz is only the "Tail-Mounted Spare Wheel" and may be the black bumpers..
    But the Spare Wheel is the USP
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @adasrini
    What about 205mm Ground Clearance, bold looks, excellent built, new interiors ,spacious rear seat (relative to ecosport) and impeccable driving dynamics? I feel these are all USP. Only thing is pricing should be correct to propel the sales
  7. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Just heard from the service guys that the display would be given this week for avventure. That is the buzz around.

I surely believe that fiat are in the right direction and should be going only upwards from here. They surely are improving.

Honestly speaking, how many brands provide a niggle free experience, be it even the likes of BMW or Benz. I have read on reports about Audis stalling in the middle of the road and not providing service to breakdowns.

With the line of launches, Fiat in my opinion is headed in the right direction.
    prabhjot and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    But still till date their marketing is yet not aggressive I must say.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

A lot of people still think Fiat = Premier Padmini. They simply do not know the history around the brand and its technological achievements. How about an Advt on this?
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    How does Fiat expect people to book the Avventura even before seeing it in flesh, leave apart test driving it? The models are expected in the first week of October in all major showrooms.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.