1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip Because it is very very likely to cannibalize sales of the diesels, and even of the Punto Evo petrols, resulting in a net-net loss of sales, rather than any gain?
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    To my eyes Aventura with the spare wheel looks better than the Punto Evo
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
  4. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Unfortunately, when I go online and read about FIAT engines they have so many more advanced engines including the Multiair. we still do not have the T-jet :p. As I get the feeling they are happy selling engines and not cars. Maybe Maruti will introduce the twinairs in a swift and we can get then enjoy those engines. :D
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Raj_pol The multiair engines have intelligent electro-hydraulic variable-valve timing, they are more expensive to manufacture here than the already available T-jet, or so i figure. The multiair and also the twinair two cylinder turbopetrol make sense much more in Europe and America, where their cost is defrayed by discounts on insurance and taxes (because they are more efficient) and American CAFE efficiency and emissions regulations. Here, these engines will only result in even fewer sales of petrol fiats.

The t-jet on the Linea made no difference to sales, it will be similar for the Punto Evo, because it will only cannibalize diesel sales (the majority as of now). It might make a difference to the Avventura, net-net, since the Avventura has a stronger USP. Fiat are right i feel to make an strong entry based on styling and pricing, and then I HOPE bring in the t-jet a few months from now.

Remember: the T-Jet will indeed come on the Punto, only not as a Fiat, but as an Abarth. I believe that is the right way to manage the brand-potential of this brilliant engine, else the t-jet will only deflate diesel sales.
    drsantoshms, zenwalker and bharath like this.
  6. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Today saw the review on fiat avventura in the Hindu Cochin edition. Glad to say that they have compared it to ecosport and presented it as the prefect cross over to challenge ecosport´┐╝:D. if priced sensibly it will overtake eco sport.

For the first time I am seeing review in favour of Fiat by Hindu :bookworm:

Mod Note: Please do not type like this..... Please refer to the TFI Rules here - http://teamfiat.com/threads/tfi-rules.9288/
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  7. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    All that Indians want is only MILEAGE, Multi-air, Multijet, T-jet, CRDi, i-Dtec No one cares
    If fiat can show a number it can boast about, Then Fiat will get a huge leap, Even if they bring back the Padmini
  8. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    The review on avventura in the Hindu was written by Aditya Bengali. The same person who wrote in autocar. He is all praising avventura in autocar also
    Murphy_Fiat and himanshu4886 like this.
  9. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Avventura price will be some where between 7.5 to 9.5 lacs. It is confirm that its price will be less than Ecosport its immediate competitor. So those who have booked be ready to envy your neighbours .

Soon you are going to be owner of most efficient and competitive priced vehicle with killer looks.

Congratulations to those who have booked! ! Wise decision you made.
    Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Not at all sure of the efficacy of this avventura ad, based on these cuts they've shown so far, the script just seems too literal-minded. There needs also to be a male actor too, no?, given that most buyers are going to be men? :)

But what do i know? Maybe that's the way to go after that spirituality-of- driving-the-new-Linea ad that i liked and found compelling enough but, apparently/evidently, the ad had no positive effect on Linea buzz/sales whatsoever!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.