1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acechip

acechip Superiore

At the risk of sounding like an adamant 8-year old kid by now :bawling:, the Avventura is NOT as large as it looks..Please go see it at your nearest mall.
    But whatever,folks , if it is indeed Fiat's chosen one (literally), all the better for it.

Perhaps if I were upgrading from my Santro (from 2003 era) and did not experience the Dzire, Linea TJet, Nano, Micra CVT in between and if the Avventura had the TJet engine, who knows, I may have also booked it.
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Acechip, will one get to campare it with Ms. G khan standing beside it(as in the pic ---ref by abhiceman) in a mall:D?

Abhiceman said''the car looks huge in front of her".
  3. Bhushan Pawar

Bhushan Pawar Timido

Ranjangoan 412210
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I just checked Ms Khan is 5 feet 8 inch tall so she is no short lady, still car looks huge in front of her. That makes me to be optimistic about imposing road presence of the car. :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 20, 2014 ---
    Hey Guys, did some head scratching early morning about possible pricing of the car. While we don't know what Fiat India is thinking, but the following table to will give you an idea of what I am thinking.

Presentation1.jpg

I think, this will be very good pricing. What do you feel? Do let me know your views.
    * I have not considered Ford EcoSport Titanimum (O) variant as it has 6 airbags so it can't be compared.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    pdash, prabhjot, sunil216 and 2 others like this.
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3

Top model shoud be below 8 lacs,should be @ 7.8 lacs ---reason,90 hp EVO is @7.2 at DELHI(with 16'' alloys).And the mid variant will be @7 lacs.

My take----(may sound ridiculous :p)
    PETROL---->base-5.5 & mid-6.1
    Diesel------>base- 6.1,mid- 6.9 to 7.1,top- 7.7 to 7.8

N.B.All these prices under discussion are ex-showroom DELHI .
    Disclaimer:This is purely my speculation/expectation & I have not got it from any source.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip that the car is being taken seriously despite being no bigger than an Evo or Ecosport is a testament to the 'aura', the 'presence' imbued to it by its brilliant design, its costume. Fiat does 'cross'-dressing excellently, has done for decades, most famously with the various visual-avatars of the Fiat 500: the latest is the Panda 4x4 Cross for Europe, and of course the Avventura.

It is guaranteed to be priced very well below the Ecosport: Fiat really need to/can afford to go for broke with its marketing!
    Murphy_Fiat and sandipan_r15 like this.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

You know, Fiat should really gift you an Avventura for all the efforts you have taken to back their product:D
    I wish Avventura all the success, but Fiat could have done all this "aura" and "presence" campaign for the Linea for many years now and even the Punto/Evo. Then the Avventura sales would have been the icing on the cake. Fiat's just about starting to put its dough together!
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I disagree: the Linea, now a 5-6 year old car, and with the changed mentality and taste of buyers in its segment, with much more intense competition, never stood a chance at facelift/re-launch. I suspected as much when I bought the Sunbeam Gold new Linea T-Jet recently. They could've advertised it better, but it's the Flagship that sailed away, am afraid.

That does not bother me at all: as we know the Punto Evo IS the Linea IS the Avventura (costume apart!).

The T-Jet engine needs to be introduced on at least the Avventura, i believe, at some point, what with diesel price de-regulation. Its competition would be a Polo GT or an Ecosport ecoboost, both exorbitantly priced, since the engines are imported.
    Bhushan Pawar likes this.
  8. Bhushan Pawar

Bhushan Pawar Timido

Ranjangoan 412210
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Received video from Fiat India through e-mail. One of the potential customer checking the car out with his family & sharing his opinion.

Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.
  9. sritrader

sritrader Timido

Murphy, It was just that I was hoping for delivery before Dasera. Although it seems very unlikely now because the info I am getting indicates the launch to happen only after Oct 3rd.

Sridhar/-
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  10. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Avventura is displayed in Coimbatore, and the guys who are here,hosting, are just students from nearby colleges working in part-time.... But a guy told there is a possibility of projectors

But when I asked him about a t-jet he was wondering what it was, Fiat should've pulled out people from the dealer...

First look of avventura:
    Exteriors : WOWing, but when you stand nearby it just feels like a regular punto, I didn't get the 'bulky boss' feeling.

Interiors : leaps ahead of the ecosport, feels rich and premium, but misses out in the commanding view, felt the seats are a bit hard compared to punto evo (may be coz of the leather)
    I don't know what people complain about the ICE, to me it was infact sound effects are better that any maruti or Ford's for that matter.
    The boot should've advertised to be larger, there is just a large tools-embedded thermocole (in the size of a wheel) sitting there...It's actually pretty usable.

I don't know how people will look at this one -car-suv-crossover? Cannot predict the sales number, keeping fingers-crossed.
    People in Coimbatore are comparing it to the ecosport, everything is now in the hands of fiat's advertising people and it's price

Btw the wheels look huge...

IMG_20140920_164849.jpg
    nbvcrao, Rajen, J Ravi and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.