1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bhushan Pawar

Bhushan Pawar Timido

Ranjangoan 412210
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I can smell where you are coming from. You will be more surprised, if it manages to sell well !!! Right?
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    That's what 'cross'overs are: Dacia logan to Dacia (renault) Duster. Ford Fiesta to Ecosport. Or, the other way, sometimes: Suzuki SX4 Cross/Fiat Sedici to SX4 sedan. Fiat Panda to Panda 4X4 Cross. Fiat Palio to Fiat Palio Adventure Locker.

You may think it's neither fish nor fowl, but most folk regard it as some sort of mythical beast: a tough, rugged, sporty "SUV".

btw, to be strict about it: most versions bought in India of the Toyota Fortuner FWD aren't SUVs either, nor are most Safari Stormes, and certainly not XUV500s.

Those with the wherewithal can get the one true SUV next year: the Jeep Wrangler.

Those of us of a more modest purse and disposition can buy an Avventura, happy in the knowledge that "it's got the look" but also that it does have the tough suspension, tyres and GC to go most places, without jarring the bones or breaking the bank. ;-)
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Sports utility vehicles are more towards stance and posture and not perceived here by the true meaning of some serious off-roading with diff. lock and extreme power and torque. The sports stays aside for most people and utility remains. Like a bigger and more respectable stance on road to begin with and standing up to the bullies of the road or turning into bullies themselves ;)

@prabhjot, by that meaning even those with money just like those without it, end up using it only from utilitarian point sans the Sport intent. You are spot-on about describing Avventura. It looks perfect for the executive, the youth, as well as the family guy. The car really could be the one car that would exude the feel of trendiness or ambition, yet with a modest demeanor for those who would own one.
    Bhushan Pawar and prabhjot like this.
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    PRABHJOT,"Those of us of a more modest purse and disposition can buy an Avventura, happy in the knowledge that "it's got the look" but also that it does have the tough suspension, tyres and GC to go most places, without jarring the bones or breaking the bank. ;-)"---Liked this part the most as am one of those with modest PURSE & have prebooked a AVVY o_O.
    multijetter, Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Bravo! (fiat pun intended) ;-)
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The purse becomes lighter even before it becomes heavy, 7-8 lacs is never modest in my book at-least, it's the person like yourself and others who are modest and what counts the most IMO. :)

Congrats on booking the AVVY..:joyful:
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This car has everything I desire within my budget(hope so)----will finalise the deal only if I get a descent price for my PUNTO.
  8. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Yesterday one of my friend checked Torrid Motors, Mumbai for Avventura, he test drove Fiat Punto Evo. Without telling me he went for a test drive, because he used to argue with me about Fiat always :hilarious:.

I am highly surprised that even hardcore Suzuki fans are also interested in Avventura. :finger:
  9. Bhushan Pawar

Bhushan Pawar Timido

Ranjangoan 412210
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It's good to see Avventura creating pulses in the market.

This brings important thought to my mind. Transition of the market from East to West.

As I foresee, the hatchback market will slowly slowly move towards Fiat & also other European brands; albeit they manage their a.s.s. at par with Japanese & Korean brands.
    If you see carefully, concept of premium hatch is being perceived very well in India now. Very slowly but steadily (particularly in metros) people have started caring about safety, solidity, cabin plushness, engine power, high speed stability, ride, handling, driving fatigue etc. parameters. The days when everyone used to run behind maximum kmpl car are fading behind. People have started looking for a car that is more & more versatile rather than single point priority to "kitna deti hai". I attribute this change to increased affordability of the people & their evolution after driving for some years.

Let's hope, Avventura be the torch bearer for this change.
  10. sunil216

sunil216 Timido

Shimla
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hello Friends,
    I've been watching this forum silently, and I just want to share with you all that today I booked Avventura at Fiat Mandi, Himachal for a booking amount of 25000/-. The choice of colour and model can be specified once the car is officially out. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.