1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Shashank it is exactly what the Ecosport is: a hatch dressed-up differently, with higher GC and bigger tyres, and tweaked suspension, with a spare wheel at the back. They are not just directly comparable, they are almost identical in concept and execution.

Only the Avventura is imo better at its design, the materials used for the cladding and wheel cover, dashboard, seats etc, better too at its ride, handling and steering, with the two diesel engines also nearly identical in power and torque ratings. If anything, the Avventura is slightly roomier in the rear seat, and has the bigger luggage area!

It will indeed cannibalize some Evo sales, but that's no problem since the vast majority of diesel Punto buyers go for the 75 hp mjd and not the 90 hp.

The question is: net-net, will it add say AT LEAST 300-500 more to what the Evo numbers would've been without the Avventura? I feel sure it will.

Let's see. We cynical-about-Fiat-fans may end up getting surprised at the Avventura's sales numbers! ;-)
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I really don't see any reason why Avventura is not comparable with Ecosport. Both are almost same in size and delivers same power. And in my opinion, Avventura looks much better than Ecosport.

But, the real problem here is Fiat is also selling Punto hatch where as Ford does not have any Ecosport hatch in its line. This is one biggest reason going in favor of Ecosport in terms of marketing.
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Exactly my thought.

PARAMETER // AVV / ECO

GC // 205mm / 200mm
    POWER# // 93PS / 90PS
    TORQUE // 209NM / 204NM
    LENGTH // 3995mm * / 3999mm
    WBase // 2510mm* / 2520mm
    TRadius // 5m* / 5.3m

Ecosport has little bit more boot space(@346lt) & it looks more SUVish than AVV.
    On the downside ECO is /will be far behind in road manners(handling etc.) dept.
    Yes,Ecosport will have upper hand in case of petrol engine choice.

#diesel engine
    * Length,WB&TRadius of EVO and probably these will remain so in case of AVV.
    (AVV will be considerably cheaper to buy & maintain--no doubt about that)
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    The ecosport stands almost 1 feet taller than the avventura.
    Btw, did anyone lift up the foam cover inside the boot?? Is that area for the spare wheel for Evo usable??

Mod Note: Kindly do not type like this.... Please refer to the TFI rules here - http://teamfiat.com/threads/tfi-rules.9288/
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Something from Fiat FB page -
    The Fiat Avventura is about to bring lucky winners the chance to #LiveAlive.

10710745_962429847105009_797319742510461950_n.png
    himanshu4886, acechip, ramjn and 6 others like this.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

That area under the foam cover is useless. They should have redesigned the boot floor like I mentioned. I certainly do not agree with some of the comparision of the Avventura with the Ecosport. The Avventura in NO WAY looks larger than the Punto Evo. In fact, it really doesnt look that much taller too! And I still feel Ecosport is equally comfortable, if not better. Look at the Ecosport rear seat legroom here (pic below).
    Although mechanics wise, it is not significantly different from Avventura, it is still styled sufficiently distinct to keep its position in the pecking order. I dont own one, btw. Just that I expected more from Avventura. They could have used a wider body chassis may be by 1-2 cm in width and height. The overall effect would have been tremendous! And why stick to the 4m rule ? The Duster sells quite ok being 4.3m long!

ecosport.jpg
    kedarbendre, prabhjot and zenwalker like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    You are quite correct about the petrols, both the 1.5 NA and the Ecoboost: they have more power and torque, but they'll be quite a bit more expensive than the 1.4 Fire Avventura, if I am not wrong.

I do hope Fiat brings the T-jet on the Avventura, at some point soon enough, if the car sells well initially.

Space in the rear and in the boot is very similar. Even the Duster rear legroom is not any greater, though width is.

The Ecosport looks a bit ridiculous, to me at least, precisely because it is too tall and narrow for its length, and has supposedly 'SUV'-like boxy styling: like a pygmy on steroids! And that awfully out-sized chrome-ridden front grill.

The Avventura's proportions overall, and the much higher aesthetic and material quality of individual elements like the grill, the head- and tail-lamps, the sparewheel cover, skid plate cladding, roof-rails etc, do differentiate it from the Ecosport, to its IMO considerable advantage.

The Avventura looks sleek, young, sporty and beefy at the same time, without 'trying too hard'. i.e., it looks like was styled by Italians! ;-)

The superiority of the Avventura's suspension is also a given, i think, since the Ecosport has a rather stiff, jarring ride on rougher (patches of) roads.

Interestingly, Ford has stepped up tv advertising for the Ecosport. They do seem to regard the Avventura as a significant if not major threat! ;-)

The Duster, though, still remains the most authentic crossover/pseudo-SUV in terms of dimensions, proportions and styling. It continues to sell well, so I was intrigued by news just last week of a 35,000 rs price cut to the base 85 hp variant!
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  8. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    "Fiat comes across as a vehicle with attitude compulsively demanding u r adaptation to it. Once u do, reveals dimensions u never dreamt existed. Female like

Fiat fans r an amazing lot to the point of eccentricity. Man could never ever believe that there is a community that exists who love their vehicle so much it always beats the vatsayanas greatest experience. Hats off to them."

After reading the thread on CUV booking, my friend had expressed his feelings through WhatsApp which I 'm sharing with fellow Tfians. He finalized and booked the Avventura.

Mods: Kindly post the above to the appropriate thread, if this isn't the right place to share.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It would probably be too much more complication than it already is, probably make it a whole different car perhaps. It is after all just an adaptation of the earlier platform. Would be interesting to know the body roll etc. with this GC and height.

@nbvcrao, these are the words needed on social media by more people, the real buyers and for prospective buyers. Great choice of words and nicely weaved sentiment that can sell a couple of hundred cars at least. Special respects to your friend for this kind thought and great outlook towards Fiat. So when is he joining TFI ? We need lots of people like him too to shake things here for more positive vibes :)
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

Just substitute Avventura with Linea 2014, and you see the sheer irony of the discussion thread. Avventura, despite being a cosmetic makeover of the Punto, and with less than perfect powerplant and few other details, will garner attention and perhaps the sales that the Linea (being a truly complete package in every sense ) should have enjoyed.:facepalm:
    prabhjot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.