1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metz4u

metz4u Timido

Kohima
    kohima
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Got the brochures. I am drooling over the design, its gonna turn some heads.
    But its hard to let go of my Punto.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I completely agree about the Avventura, its design has even my hard-boiled 70 year old veteran Fiat-ian father drooling!

An Avventura in Kohima, say, or especially Shillong, could be quite the rage, no? ;-)
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Avventura in Leh. That is what am dreaming. With the background music of Three idiot title song.
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

So I visited the Fiat stall at Amanora Mall in Pune yesterday. Fiat sure has a bit of a buzz on the Avventura. People are actually looking at the car. Speaking of which, let me say these are my impressions.
    1) My suspicion about Avventura being just a souped up Punto EVO is indeed true! I mean, whats the real deal here ? It is a Punto EVO with plastic claddings, bigger wheels, roof rails and a wheel stuck outside. On the inside, it looks every bit like a Punto save for those funny dials. In fact, Punto owners will surely feel disappointed that their dressed up doll is garnering a bit more attention.
    2) Fiat, in its usual un-earthly wisdom, displayed the base model:banghead:.
    3) Exterior build quality is the Fiat-standard.
    4) Interior quality too, is typical for a Fiat. Different looking than usual, but not very premium either.
    5) There is no difference to the boot space by the re-positioning of the spare wheel. That is one bit of design change that Fiat has been really lazy about. They should have made changes to the boot design to lower the boot floor and allow the space liberated by the spare wheel to be functional. So boot space =280litre= Punto. Big blooper here IMO. Makes you wonder why they bothered to put the wheel out of the body in the first place.
    6) No split rear seats in base model. Another blooper.
    I told the Fiat guy there quite frankly, that had they marketed the new Linea like so, they would have seen much better sales! He agreed wholeheartedly.

20140913_172521.jpg
    mchanna, prabhjot, bharath and 3 others like this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Strange, this marketing blunder.
    BTW, I see Alloy in pic, does it mean even base variant will have Alloy? I feel this is not required, Fiat could easily put steel rims with good cover and reduce cost.
    They should have put some effort to provide extra space. Sad.
    zenwalker likes this.
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Ravi, all variant for avventura comes with 16 in same alloy wheel, pathetic is active doesn't have music system, ABS :), dynamic doesn't have airbag ( same formula as punto Evo). Not sure if they removed the rear defogger for this 2 variant as Evo.
    Wish to see the intelectual team members who gave this idea for Avventura ( to introduce active & dynamic version).
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  7. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Am visiting Amanora Mall for the same today. In a city like Pune, Fiat should have displayed the top end variant
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I am presuming that the models are displayed by the dealers than fiat themselves?
    If so, then dealers have to shell out extra cost to procure the high model for display? Is this could be the reason for putting up a base model?
    Hope I am wrong :eek:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

In my opinion, , with the kind of volumes Fiat has anyway, there should have been only 2 versions: fully loaded petrol and fully loaded diesel, both priced competitively, say 6.5-7 lac ex showroom for petrol and 7-7.5 lac for diesel. In its current form, I dont see it competing with the Ecosport. The Ecosport has a tad bit more width (interior) ,better legspace, definitely more boot space and near equal ground clearance, not to mention an equally sturdy build. And much better petrol engine on paper atleast (Ecoboost). And yes, it looks more of an urban CUV than the Avventura. The best Avventura type car that Fiat should really be selling is the Palio Adventure. But alas!

Novo-palio-adventure-2014-32-1024x640.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 14, 2014 ---
    I am sure that Fiat must be paying for all this. How do they expect the dealer to shell out any kind of money on pre-launch activities ? We are talking about Fiat here, and dealers arent exactly jostling amongst each other to get their franchise.
    multijetter likes this.
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Do you know Tata Zest is 1.2 Fire ( fiat 1.2 Fire) used turbo and AMT by themselves. What is stopping FIAT to introduce the same. Fire engine is assemled in Ranjangaon, instead of providing 1.4 Tjet in Punto Evo or Avventura. See the demand of Polo 1.2 TSI.

Fiat doesn't know how to use their potential properly with existing facility.
    zenwalker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.