1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys
    Nadeem has not booked the car/Avventura. Its some other person who has done and he is sharing it. @Murphy_Fiat @Viny
  2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks For the Info Zenwalker. Then My congrats Goes to the new Fiatian :) Nadeem, Thanks for sharing it with us.
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Update From Gauahar Khans twitter.
    5a9084a80eb595cf31a1f2191ad42df7.jpg 4feb2cd063ef387ce84031fa6f9e3ce6.jpg
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The Ford dealer on MG road in gurgaon is a neighbour to my PSU bank. And so after my bank work I went, Avventura on my mind, to check out the Ecosport closely. Got me a short test drive, eventually.

A few initial Fiat-centric observations:

Plastic quality on this Ford is consistently awful, by which i mean hard and shiny. The black cladding/bumper section looks low-rent too.

The silver plastic all over the dash is tacky and looks terrible.

The dashboard has a very "wannabe" design, pretty vulgar if you ask me: buttons arranged diagonally, dial hoods in weird 'muscular' shape...

The tyre cover design is plain, neither good nor bad. The car looks better with a naked tyre.

The alloy design is ornate, which is fine i suppose, but it has a very vulgar shiny-bright-ness.

The car looked well-proportioned enough, except for the over-sized chrome-ridden grill that gives it that 'wannabe-ness' that I at least found very off-putting.

Cramped rear, three big fat Indians abreast would be impossible.

Overall, the car looks like a small hatch (which it is, and that's fine) pretending to look like a bad-ass macho-man. Am not persuaded (just like the UK carmag reviewers aren't). At all. No match for the Duster in the proper, convincing butch-style department.

The short drive (diesel):

Great driving position. The ride is definitely much harsher than a Punto Evo's or new Linea's which also have nearly as high a GC. The steering's pretty weight-less, is NOT the Fiesta's I am presuming. Handles and brakes well for its height it seemed though the drive was too straight and short to be sure. Engine's got better-than-mjd initial torque (could not test it on an open road due to traffic but pretty sure the 90 hp mjd's better in-gear at higher speeds, from all accounts.) Gears feel slicker. NVH is not that good.

Interestingly, I discovered that Ford's much-marketed Sync is based on Microsoft voice recognition tech, just like Fiat's Blue&Me.

Overall: methinks Ford's priced it too high, and with the LONG waiting periods, i feel the Fiat Avventura can easily eat-up a large enough (by Fiat standards) part of its pie, if Fiat market it well.

Really, I'd get the Avventura (since am very ok with the mjd on the family's G Punto, even though I prefer the T-jet, obviously) over the Ecosport everytime, though a Duster 85 hp might be a more expensive yet harder value proposition to refuse, for some.

Sorry if too much of the above is already common knowledge, but this was my first proper encounter with the Ecosport.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Sorry @Viny & @Murphy_Fiat ,the pic was sent by showroom manager,
    i didnt booked Avventura & Murphy its always my pleasure to share info & pics here
    Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Got This Email From Fiat India

Fiat-Avventura-booking.jpg.jpg
    Viny, multijetter and prabhjot like this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    There is possibility that FIAT Avventura will at display in Pune at Pandit Showroom, Model colony and service center at Bavdhan.
  8. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Even after showcasing the actual Avventura vehicle, FIAT is still sticking to the concept version images (Dual exhausts, curvy styled wheels, projector headlamps..... etc). is that an indication of a chance that these could be present as an option for Avventura?
    Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.
  9. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Fiat will launch the Avventura in 3 diesel variants – Active, Dynamic and Emotion – while the petrol engine will be available only in entry and middle-level trims.It comes in 6 body colors, including the new Zafferano Orange complementing the casual character of the car. Other choices include Bronzo Tan, Exotica Red, Minimal Grey, Hip-Hop Black and Vocal White, carried over from the Punto Evo hatchback.

Fiat-Avventura-Body-Colors.jpg

Sources:

http://www.indianhoods.com/news/scoop-fiat-to-offer-the-avventura-in-3-diesel-and-2-petrol-variants/

http://www.indianhoods.com/news/scoop-fiat-avventura-to-be-offered-in-6-body-colors/
    nbvcrao, Ravi, Narayan and 3 others like this.
  10. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Are these dials different from that of what ever is offered in the Punto Evo?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.