1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @acechip Masses never consider fiat at least in test drives. They further dampen or mock your love for Fiat. I know many of doctors who are well informed about cars never dare to TD Fiat atleast. The only response from them is "Why Fiat?"
    Why even critics are not considering linea as a competitor to Ciaz. Whatz wrong with them? Even critics also have herd mentality in India?
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @aceship

As a fellow T-jet Linea owner, I am surprised that you like me don't have or have nor learnt to have that 'delusional mindset'. Ah the T-jet at night on NH8 from Delhi to Gurgaon! ;-)

I don't think they're delusional anymore . I see the whole splitting-from-Tata onwards phase as the coming-to-their-senses.

And with the better marketing of the Evo and Avventura, to go with better dealer and ASS experiences (only relatively speaking, now!) they're just proving to me that they are beginning to get a handle on the enormous challenges of this tough market.

btw, methinks, fiat does not care whether you buy an Avventura or a Punto Evo. The trick is to get the brand some favourable attention, to get some traffic going into showrooms, to get some, incrementally meaningful CONQUEST customers who might've otherwise been lost to other brands.

Let's see about the Avventura, I for one am hopeful. Pity i cannot also buy it to go with the recent Sunbeam Gold Linea T-jet. But feel pretty sure I can recruit/persuade a few EXTRA buyers to the Fiat cause/delusion ;-) in its name.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

With regards the TJet- I also have my moments of divinity particularly while handling winding roads at 80kph, but let me say this, if I give my car to a friend who has a Honda city, his immediate comment is bound to be "the steering is so heavy, there is no power steering ? I can feel the steering shake with every undulation on the road":banghead:. Let's rest the case there. Incidentally many months ago, a colleague of mine brought a Linea. He had a hard time convincing his family members to sit in the car on long drives because they felt the urge to throw up every time the car hit the corners. Now, my family members don't feel the same but-typically my mother (who wears a neck collar) sits in the back, and after a particularly spirited drive, she gently asks me to keep the proceedings below 80 sometimes. So a driver's perception about his cars performance may not be the same as a passengers. Perhaps thats why most people prefer softly sprung cars like the Vento/Verna.

Coming back to the topic did you notice btw, that suddenly Toyota/Ford have woken up and started ads on the Etios Cross/Ecosport on TV ? It may be timed with the launch of the Avventura. Which to me, is a minor sign that competitors are taking notice. And I sure would like to see how Fiat takes this golden opportunity forward.
    The steps taken thus far have largely been strategic in nature. Displaying a base level variant of the Avventura at a mall -BEFORE- launching the product campaign is a silly tactical move IMO. You would do that after you got the market buzz going strong.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 10, 2014 ---
    Critics do consider the Linea as a competing product, but not Fiat as a competing brand. The reasons are obvious. They are only reflecting the market sentiment. A critic would look silly trying to praise a car like Linea when faced with a deluge of prospective customers whose friends/relatives have purchased thousands of Vernas/Citys/Ventos and the like. The critics have to after all, earn their keep. Therefore most of them make what sound like "paid " reviews. You see, they comment on all the things that a customer wants to hear like cabin features, legroom/comfort, looks and of course, fuel efficiency. Have you ever seen reviews where critics harped on sheet metal thickness/sturdiness as an advantageous attribute ? Very rarely.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    prabhjot and bharath like this.
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes I have noticed a sudden spurt in the TVC of ETIOS CROSS & ECOSPORT. This phenomenon certainly indicates to the potential as a product AVVENTURA has. And it certainly has created an attension ;) among it's nearest competitors in term of product.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I am stunned by the looks and the package that Avventura offers ! Seriously, i miss just these 3 items.

- a touch screen HU with nav features. This would be a killer sell even if it is offered as an additional accessory and will suit the storyline of a CUV for avventura !
    - projector headlight units with DRL or at least the LED DRLs.
    - I dont remember if there is a handrest available. This will be a definite need for the driver, and a good to have feature for the rear bench as well.

I believe the existing excellent package that FIAT has done for Avventura + the above features, will be a killer proposition for FIAT (ofcourse with FIAT's good pricing strategy).

There cannot be anything else that people can ask for a complete package !

Thanks
    Narayan
    prabhjot, Murphy_Fiat, ramjn and 2 others like this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    First booking for Avventura on 6th september, opening day of bookings for Avventura in Hubli showroom

IMG-20140910-WA0008.jpg
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nadeem,
    Awesum Info man.
    Thank you.

Please convey congrats from TFI.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Congrats Nadeem :)
    Kindly share more details about your booking process and expected on road pricing and delivery dates.
  10. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats Sir :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.