1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Thanks nkrishnap.

It's already clear that material quality (spare tyre cover, plastic quality of bumper and cladding, art leather-cum-fabric seats, alloys, tyre model-quality and of course interior dash soft-plastic-technical-fabric etc is a clear class above the often hard, shiny, low-rent stuff in both the Duster and the Ecosport, let alone the Etios Cross. What say nkrishnap, is that fair to say?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My view, look wise, Avventura indeed looks better than other cross products like Etios Cross and Polo Cross. Comparable to Ford Ecosport.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Way better than Ecosport in my opinion. Avventura definitely is a looker and seems rugged. But, Fiat will have hard time marketing and selling this car. I wish Fiat. :)
    prabhjot and kailasmenon2000 like this.
  4. Drive4freedom

Drive4freedom Novizio

Bangalore
    I dont see any interior shots.was closed/locked??
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Looks Great ! Thanks for those Photos
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Comparing the Avventura to the Etios is a crime. Etios doesn't have the build even worth talking about and the plastic cladding are of average quality too. The Polo cross, Avventura and Ecosport all sport good build and far better quality than Etios.

@Ravi and @ramjn. The Ecosport too has good build quality and both the Ecosport and Avventura look good in their own right as basically these are hatchback underneath.

The car was locked from 7 pm onwards. I wonder who takes these calls, there was crowd even at 9.30 pm and mind you not the same crowd. No wonder, Fiat ends up on the wrong side of success most time. :banghead:
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Have not seen the Avventura yet, obviously, but have the Evo. Methinks material quality in the Evo (on the dash, alloys, the head- and tail-lamp assemblies and the chrome sure are of a quality above Ecosport and Duster which have quite a few low-rent elements and materials in many places. Though build quality on both is as good am sure, The Duster has comparatively light-gauge sheet metal, flimsy feeling door handles and ORVMS, hard materials galore on the dash, but an equally accomplished suspension and chassis.

Hope enough folk including the car mags and websites take the Avventura as seriously as they do the Duster and Ecosport, it is exactly the same sort of vehicle, and even size-wise is their (near, in the case of the Duster) equal. In fact, if am not wrong, the Avventura's wider than the Ecosport? Only less expensive!

Fiat is missing another trick: they should offer a free Blue&Me TOM-TOM satnav unit (sitting on the dash or lower windshield) on all three cars esp the Avventura: it's a nice standard feature on most European Punto-s.
    multijetter and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Agree. But that should not be a separate unit. They should instead give the in-built navigation head unit.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Methinks satnav units are best placed seperately on the dash or lower windshield for two reasons: (a) the driver does not have to take eyes off the road and look sideways and downwards too much (b) feel it adds to the visual drama of the dash, a sort of cockpit flavour/rasa :)

European Punto-s have the Blue&Me TOM-TOM unit similarly placed. Even the current Fiat 500, i think, though the 500L has it integrated as you suggest.

Anyway, it amazes me that Fiat is not availing of Tom-Tom's presence in the Indian market for aftermarket satnav units. It will really make the Blue&Me system that much superior to anything else on the market for cars below 10 lakhs, a lead it once had and has since lost somewhat. At least as a well-priced accessory? A brilliant marketing 'hook', no?! Trust fiat to be too timid.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dont you think that adding such fancy devices surely shall increase the price of the car overall? I mean who shall buy a car which is 20-30 more just for these devices? Manufacturer such as FIAT cant tie up with vendors when the numbers sold is very less and there is no guarantee of Indian market as which favor it will turn towards.
    prabhjot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.