1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Suman that's what i am saying: it's just a styling thing, which the Avventura (like the Palio adventure locket, Panda cross, 500L trekking, Strada etc) has too! Plus higher GC and bigger tyres.

The Ecosport is a small, proper, serious 'cross'-over i.e., a hatch trying to be A BIT like an SUV, just like the Avventura, just like the Duster 85 hp and unlike the Etios/Polo cross.

An SUV is when you have not just high GC and big tyres and tough suspension which both the Avventura and the Ecosport have but: bigness with 4x4 and/or low range and/or Traction control and other mud/sand/snow driving aid electronics and/or long wheel travel on independent suspensions etc.

SUVs are what Fiat will start offering next year under the great Jeep brand. ;-)

The cheapest proper (however MINIMALLY you define the term) SUVs in India are the Thar, the new Duster 4x4 and the Safari Storme. And some might argue, wrongly, the Scorpio.

And so it is possible that the Avventura will surprise us with its sales (potential)! ;-)
    GP_Freak, Murphy_Fiat and acechip like this.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

Agree with Prabhjot. S-port U-tility V-ehicle, is meant to be just that..sporty, but with Utility values. All of which are mentioned in the above post.
    Even the XUV AWD is just a cross-over. so is the Aria, but Tata is honest enough to call it so. The real SUVs are Storme 4x4, Endeavor 4x4 , Pajero 4X4 etc.

Others are just faux SUVs. But I would want Fiat to ADVERTISE the features of the Avventura such as

1) high ground clearance for urban environments
    2) fat tyres for added grip
    3) abuse-friendly build quality
    4) rear AC vents (which the Duster 85PS doesnt have)

.. ADVERTISE..
    Fiat , knock, knock..anyone even listening out there ?:mad::mad:
    prabhjot, Murphy_Fiat and zenwalker like this.
  3. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I am waiting for the full page ad of Avventura in TOI like that of CIAZ today :)
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

@Narayan,
    I think you will be in for an endless wait. I will be very surprised if Fiat puts out an ad for the Avventura like Maruti has done for Ciaz. A full 1-2 pager that is..not the quarter bottom page useless stuff that they usually do..or the Euro-spec goofy campaign that talks nothing in detail about the product. I want to see an "in-your-face", brash if rather unsophisticated ad like the Honda Mobilio one..at least it has Indian faces.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    To be fair they tried that sort of 'desi' witty ad: there was that uproariously funny ad for the Linea Classic with the man fantasising about his grand-ness ness via the bigness of his Linea. There was another with the guy picking up his Amrika-returned NRI friend in his feature-laden Linea. And of course the very desi-senti 'Make the Move my Friend' ad that immediately saw (Linea and) esp Punto sales hit 850 to 1000+ (6 months ago). There was the ad with the impish desi wiseguy who figures that he'd rather just buy a Fiat than appreciate another brand that relies on the fiat diesel engine.

They have tried. To be fair. But it has not worked that well. Probably because the scale and volume of the marketing efforts has been too timid, too fragmented, unsustained. Though the Evo marketing's much better: stronger, clearer and more widespread, i feel. Enough?

To me that just suggests that you cannot market your way to credibility among the under/un-informed, risk-averse, status-seeking car buying folk, esp if they most likely have a vague or strong stigma associated with your brand/its dealers and ASS centres, partly for good justifiable historical reasons.

It is a much harder grind, more about a long slog of recursive improvements on all fronts simultaneously, supplemented by advertising but essentially reliant on improving word-of-mouth certifications/affirmations.

And of course fresher products (Evo and Avventura now) and other good stuff lined up for 2015 and 2016.

It'll take time. It won't at all be as easy as Honda and Hyundai find it.
    Murphy_Fiat and bharath like this.
  6. dumbestcoder

dumbestcoder Novizio

New Delhi
    Have you guys seen Fiat Ottimo sports hatchback .I am pretty sure with right price tag it can set fire in fiat India sales.

Sorry for the off topic.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Though it was seen before, but was removed from YouTube. Here it is back again.

prabhjot likes this.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

Who else other than us enthusiasts even remember their ads ? And why did they not persist with these ads consistently ?

Fiat cannot give an excuse for "trying". Our country only works when things are hammered down the throat or the brain. As you have yourself pointed out in the past, MSIL has created this wonderful "Kitna deti hai" tagline that has become the byword for gauging car performance..they used all sorts of really comical situations from questioning a NASA scientist to a yacht owning tycoon (even taking a dig at a you-know-who in the process;))

MSIL keeps on reviving their Swift & Dzire ads every few months. Do they need that with their astronomical sales ? Probably not. But it helps to reinforce from time to time.

Fiat needs to first, in its own mind, think of winning over a customer. They already have the product. They are just too lazy in trying to sell it.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    ^^^ Fully agree to this. The Evo ads haven't being featuring as much as I thought it will. Avventura ads needs to hit the Tvs right away creating excitement so that potential buyers of other cross-overs or mini SUVs are held back till it's launch.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Mini SUV's or whatever you call, that is a hit with both urban and rural audience. Duster/Terrano/Ecosport sells everywhere.

If you ask what a Cross-Overs is, 90% of them will give you an alien look. All the best to Fiat.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.