1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In my view, Avventura certainly is more than Etios or Polo Cross, in comparison of what Fiat has done differentiating from Punto EVO. Even on pure look, it does have its unique look.
    But with Punto EVO taken Avventura's look, the difference is lesser.

But Ecosport feels totally different vehicle, compared to Figo, or any other Ford car.
    But again, Fiat doesn't have to replicate any of these, even it is targeting these market. It has (and should) decided what it wants. Let us see how they market and launch in market. This is a big thing for Fiat future in India.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Ecosports is targetted with different set of mind where Avventura is different set of mind. Please don't mix-up this :).

Avventura is CUV= Contemporary Urban vehicle which got rugged looked from its copy Punto Evo, there is no SUV like character except high GC.
    Ecosports is a CSUV= Compact SUV which ford preaped under sub 4 meter to reduce tax.

As Amogh rightly expalined this comaprison Avventura and Punto Evo is same. As Polo cross & Etios cross from Polo & Etios.

Now what is the USP for Avventura when comparing to Punto Evo:- Almost none except rugged look, same formula for Polo cross & Etios Cross.
    Ecosports is different as it is designed on the context of SUV ( when FIAT will launch compact SUV you can compare this with ecosports).

But Fiat has one USP for Avventura if they really want to make it proper hit- launch 1.4 TJET to differentiate from Punto Evo. It will increase cost, but will not be more than 10L and believe me it will not undercut Linea TJET. Sedan lovers will buy sedan always and those like hatchback will have the option as Avventura. Avventura has the capability to turn FIAT ( 90 HP diesel is good move with no 1.4 normal petrol, only TJET will add the flavor here as unique vehicle from FIAT).
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What prabhjot has told is technically correct. But, how will Fiat succeed in marketing this product?

One of my friend who is considering EVO (currently owning Figo) asked me what is there in Avventura except for high GC and boot wheel?

This will be the market's view on Avventura.
  4. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Can somebody please compare the Ford Ecosport with Fiat Avventura, in terms of power trains, torque, GC and features.

One thing I can tell you if i am in the market to buy out a CUV, I will compare Ecosport with Avventura only and the pricing also.

I believe rear space for Avventura and Ecosport are similar.

Mod Note: Kindly avoid sms lingo, and use proper punctuation, capitalize the sentences appropriately along with a spell check. Thanks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Prices of avventura should be less than 9.5L for the top end (you have all goodies) whereas ecosoport starts from 8.6L.
    Both have anti-roll bars, same GC 205mm, 90HP engines
    Tyres -R15/65/195(ecosport) - R16/55/205 (avventura).
    FE - 22.1 ecosport, 20.5 avventura
    Interiors - Avventura - posh interiors with rear AC vents, Ecosport - looks funky too much buttons in top end..No rear AC
    Ride - Avventura will be the Benchmark
    Boot space should be more or less same as the spare wheel is now outside....

My opinion
    Avventura - Looks like an SUV, Rides like an SUV and easy to drive a like a hatch back and saves 1 or 2 lakhs from your pocket.
    Ecosport - Looks like an SUV, Rides like an SUV and has a commanding view and stance and if you have money you can decide.

And most importantly Avventura is a FIAT, so u feel completeness.

Mods Note - Post edited. Please don't excessive ...., post in readable format please.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

Where is the Fiat marketing division? Maruti has already got out a sneak peak in the papers hiring Ranveer Singh for promoting the Ciaz.
    Thats what brings brand recall.
    I suppose Fiat feels their cars sell on their own..and if they dont (which is mostly the case), the customer is the poorer for it.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Suman, please read my post again.

The Ecosport IS just a jacked-up hatch, the Fiesta, it is no more an SUV than the Avventura, if anything other than a slightly higher driving position it is smaller inside than a Punto! Also, its plastic quality and quality of bumpers/tyre cover, light fitments etc are very cheap-ish. What Fiat's or Ford's marketing dept labels them as, spins them as should be of no consequence to informed buyers interested in the style and higher GC/big tyres.

Crossovers are about their different style first and foremost, which the Avventura has in spades. Then comes higher GC, rugged suspensions, and big fat grippy tyres etc. The Avventura, like the Ecosport and Duster 85 hp, has all of this, maybe even more than the latter. The Etios and Polo Cross have little or none.

Methinks the Avventura makes for a brilliant touring vehicle on our roads. Its styling and fuel efficiency takes care of the 'Contemporary Urban' tag. I own and love the T-jet but my dad has an older 1.4 fire: methinks the 90 mjd and the Fire make for excellent highway touring engines.

I find nothing to dislike in the Avventura, and lots to like, at these price points. I hope enough folks give it a look-see.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Sorry my friend, with full respect to your view ( with no argument & counter to your view point), Ecosports is not a jacked-up hatch. This is based on SUV concept and under 4 meter concept in india specific, that is the reason you compare it with Hatchbacks under 4 meter. Ecosports first generation is big SUV's where this second generation has adopted Fiesta's platform but nothing related to jacked-up hatch ( so you mixed the design concept- all based on same design concept Fiesta hatch, ecosports, USA new ford Fusion). Avventura can be compete with mini crossovers like polo cross or etios.

If you apply this concept Linea also prepared based on Punto's platform, so will it be considered as exteneded hatch or full sedan.

Concept behind Ecosports is sub 4 meter india specific and compact SUV where in international size is 4.25 meter. To shorten any international size lots of space has to be compromised, same case happened for india specific ecosports.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Boss the Ecosport is NOT an SUV, it is just a hatch. Check out the Ford fiesta hatch images and details on UK car websites: the ecosport has the fiesta's looks, its interior, its platform, dimensions, suspension and its engines. It just rides taller, has some styling touches, has cheaper materials, and has the spare wheel outside. Just like the Avventura vis-a-vis the Punto Evo, except for the cheaper materials!

I think what you are saying is that in India and other 'emerging' markets since Ford has not offered the Fiesta hatch and has instead offered the Figo, so it is PERCEIVED to be a small SUV rather than just a 'butch' version of the Fiesta hatch.

Even Ford launched it as an urban vehicle with style and gizmos NOT as an SUV (spacious, with 4x4 and/or low-range and/or independent suspension and/or high wheel travel, traction and other controls etc.)

It's up to Fiat's marketing to enable the Avventura to make its mark, since they do not have the Ford Ecosport's first-mover advantage, or as you're perceiving it, the advantage of not looking like a derivative of a current car also sold in the same market.
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Arre Baba, Don't compare with image. Check the full design logic behind it. Fiesta sedan provided in india is a extended Fiesta hatch that is the reason Fiesta hatch not provided in india. All has adopted aston like grill and same interior as indian fiesta sedan, that is the reason you mixed it as hatch ( globally fiesta is a hatchback where fusion used as sedan, In India Ford extended fiesta hatch as fiesta sedan as indian love sedan). All model has adopted same design philosophy same as hyundai used fluidic model for all.
    bharath and prabhjot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.