1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I too believe that Avventura could be the car that tilts the game to Fiat's favour! Coz what indians want most than anything is loud style, killer looks. Which this car has in aplomb, and it's getting positives from the review-magazine world too. It honestly looks too hot to pass off I suppose & that why even the reviewers are kinda having a love affair with this.

Infact I'm in wait for a new car & have just delayed my decision to wait for the avventura and it's pricing.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Infact it's just because of the mass market syndrome that Fiat probably isn't willing to gamble big right now with all new platforms. I believe what they're trying to do by getting in incremental changes & offereings by using same platform is a right strategy at this point till they can get a foot hold again in the market. Then probably they can try newer things... though I honestly feel they lost a big time opportunity right after punto & linea started selling in numbers, right then they should have done a few refreshes.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If anybody (including FIAT themselves) thinks Avventura is an Ecosport competitor then they are terribly mistaken and they should set their expectation straight. It is NOT !! I read somewhere that FIAT wants to undercut Ecosport's pricing. If that is their target then all I can say is Good Luck.

Avventura is a true, genuine "Cross" version of a hatchback. Nothing more than that! What does this mean? You can do a bit more with this car than what can you do with the regular hatchback version. Nothing radical.
    ramjn, pdash, nkrishnap and 1 other person like this.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    +100 :)
    And thats why I dont see it putting charts on fire, probably like 10%-15% of punto sales will move to avventura.
  5. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    But at the same time every reviewers are saying that avventura is giving class leading ride quality and comfort and Importantly there is no body roll also even with 205 GC. what does duster and terrano is giving more than Avventura.
  6. DOT

DOT Timido

Bangalore
    With 205 mm GC, and size equal to Ecosport, I am not sure what Ecosport has to make it so different?
    Though Avventura being from Fiat, sales might not increase significantly, but it doesn't mean it has no potential.
    prabhjot and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Perhaps the whole look and feel (Interiors and Exteriors and mostly Engine?) is different than any other models in Ford. But here, there is similarities. A buyer would simply ask for extra GC, rear wheel on door and plastic cladding should i opt for this?
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ecosport is not a Figo with increased GC. Ecosport is a completely different product. For e.g.

Power : 89 bhp (Ecosport) vs 68 bhp (Figo)
    Engine : 1.5 lit vs 1.4 lit for the TDCi. The Ecoboost is not even there in the Figo
    Torque : 204 Nm vs 160 Nm
    Features : The Ecosport has tons of more features than the Figo
    Looks : Completely different (Will a Figo headlight cluster fit on an Ecosport? No)

The Ecosport was designed ground up keeping a compact SUV design element in mind. Coupled that with Ford's radical new approach to design - they made a product that set the charts on fire.

Now compare Avventura vs Punto Evo 90 HP

Power : Same
    Engine : Same
    Torque : Same
    Features : Mostly same (a few extra meters over the dash in the Avventura)
    Looks : Mostly same (except for the cladding's and spare wheel on the hatch. Will a Punto Evo headlight cluster fit on an Avventura. It most probably will)

And for the sake of argument : if it is indeed an Ecosport competitor then it sales should be bench-marked against Ecosport, Duster etc. But that won't happen. It will be compared only against Cross Polo and Etios Cross.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    In every sense, it should only be compared against the Etios Cross and Polo Cross. Fiat should be really happy if they manage to sell as much as the Etios Cross, it would be a success in that sense.

Having said that, it's a better product compared to the Etios Cross any given day.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    You guys are mixing up aam-aadmi perception, however well-informed, with the objective truth.

The Ecosport IS a hatchback, the Fiesta, in drag. Exactly like the Avventura. Only it's a watered down albeit jacked up (light steering, cheaper materials on the dash/black bumpers, cheap head and tail-lamps, thinner sheetmetal and glass etc) Fiesta, and has been universally lambasted in the UK reviews, and is not selling well there.

The Avventura is the latest in Fiat's long and excellent history of making cars-in-drag (cross versions or chic versions or hot gt versions etc): the Palio Adventure locker, the myriad versions of the 500 including Abarth, the Strada, the 500L trekking, the famous Panda 4x4 Cross. Most European car makers do this sort of thing, only Fiat does it best, and has been doing it for decades now.

Fiat's marketing challenge is to seduce people into thinking of it as an Ecosport-like vehicle, a proper crossover, which is what it is: bucketloads of style, superior to Ecosport materials inside and out, high GC, big tyres, tough great suspension, good for the city and awesome for touring India's highways and speed-broken-roads! Bet it'll be a fair bit cheaper than the Ecosport too.

Having said that the best they can hope for is to sell as many Avventura-s as they do Evo-s. That will not be because folks stigmatize it by association with the Punto Evo, but for the usual Fiat issues in this market. The Ecosport had first mover advantage, and Ford does not have the legacy issues that Fiat does. Give it a year and it too will sink in sales, what with the hefty competition coming from Tata, the Japs and the Korean.

Even if it only sells say 30 to 50% of the Evo it will have driven traffic into dealerships, gotten people seeing and thinking about the 'new and improved' Fiat India, and will at least partly have altered the perception that Fiat has only two, old products in the market and so is not committed etc.

The big moves by Fiat India begin next year with Jeep and the bigger MJD, and then 2016 for new India-made launches for both Jeep and Fiat brands. IMO the Avventura's a great 'buyer-of-time' for Fiat's brand reputation in India, and for its dealers, till 2016.

As for me personally, I'd have bought it on day 1, if it weren't for the fact that I only just got the glorious new Linea T-jet! ;-)
    Murphy_Fiat, bharath and Ravi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.