1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    @speedJet... Not true... Even I had the same thoughts that a T-Jet is any day better than Mjd until I got a chance couple of weeks before to drive a T-Jet for quite a good distance. The car is owned by Adarsh from Wolf Moto. On a stretch between Pollachi and Kangeyam, we had a great time comparing the capabilities of MJD & T-Jet. Rajiv & Adarsh told me T-jet has better acceleration, but the mid range is poor & had really tough time catching up with my MJD. I didn't believe it until i drove the T-Jet. Yes, the car has great initial acceleration & its any day better in city & hill range. But once MJD is in 3rd or upper gears, it has a great punch & T-Jet will find it difficult to keep up with it.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think we all are diverting :), from Avventura thread to T-Jet vs MJD.

I don't think only point was made is could Fiat provided T-Jet instead of 1.4 NA FIRE engine, and could that have helped.
    @prabhjot has a point, and even T-Jet on Linea is not helping much. So why to increase a cost.
    No clear answer, but giving an option of T-jet, would have helped to market it better, and getting better feedback from reviewers.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True Ravi. That's what the whole point is. Either you give a better engine option to differentiate between Evo and Avventura. Or you should have provided an all new car. Not a modded Evo. That's where Fiat has lacked in the planning.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Actually it is reverse, Avventura was always planned as it is.
    Punto EVO got modifed on Avventura look/feel, as per Fiat, due to great response in Auto expo.

I agree, complete European EVO would have been better to distinguish, but on looks, Fiat is still on top. Hardly any competition. There are so many other things which are hitting Fiat in India. Let's wait and see the market response, you never know, what might click.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dont you guys think that it all boils down to number of sales when TJet is shoved into the Avventura where in the plant has to have its own assembly lane and stuffs due to its own changes in the engine bay. So the cost of everything shoots up. Now FIAT has smartly used the same assembly line of Punto for 2 different models (Evo and Avventura) with very much less changes. Rather i wished they have changed more significant in terms of looks and feel as some one brought out Ford Figo and EcoSport difference.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    How did you arrive that the assembly line needs a new assembly line for the Tjet. When the Linea is being assembled on the same assembly in multiple variants (classic and new Linea) with the 1.4 FIRE, Tjet and the MJD engines why should the Avventura/Evo not come with the Tjet. I dont think it needs substantial investment to plonk the Tjet in the Evo/Avventura

@zenwalker, it would help if you could post the proper model names than the short forms as it may confuse the reader.
    Ravi likes this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @krishna,
    Hmm... I thought compared to the TJet and FIRE, there is a significant changes in the stuffs that go along with the engine like Turbocharger and stuffs. Hence i though it may need a separate assembly line due to its own complexity. But good point on the Linea.
    Besides i am still looking for an article to explain difference in FIRE and TJet and why still FIAT holding on to FIRE though its quite older than Tjet as per Wiki.

Sure, point noted on model names :D
  8. simbio

simbio Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I dont think Fiat will take the risk of introducing the T-Jet in the hatchback purely for the reason is the cannibalization of the sedan sibling. Its well know fact the Fiat holds the USP with the T-jet engine in the Linea when the segment doesnt have any turbo charged petrol sedan. (Pls dont ask why it doesnt generate the sales then, its a different discussion altogether). If the T-Jet engine is plonked in either the Avventura or Evo, the T-Jet sales (whatever it is presently) will be hit. Linea with the MJD or FIRE solely cannot hold Fiat's fort in the sedan segment. If only Fiat had thought of introducing a 1.2 ltrs Turbocharged petrol engine, Punto sales would have been soaring IMO. Atleast they could bring the multiair engine ASAP.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Getting the Tjet in the Evo and Avventura wont hurt the Linea that much, but will hurt the Punto abarth which they plan to launch early next year. The Punto buyers would hardly look at Linea. If the Punto Evo/Avventura sells more in the Tjet form, it will never be a loss to Fiat.

Also, the Vento to has a turbocharged petrol along with the DSG which makes it a killer combo. However, they have a production crunch, and Fiat could target a few of these buyers which will no way harm Fiat's prospects.
    prabhjot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.