1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Let's wait till tomorrow, we will see who wins the correct naming game :).

Yes ET is more credible than others, so hopefully it will be Avventura.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

:confused I dont care what it is called as long as it sells.. (to quote Renault India CEO)..I'll believe in Fiat's efforts when they sell 1000 plus units of one model each month for atleast 1 year. I think that is a real low benchmark..but they seem to be out-doing themselves in the reverse anyway. Really questioning Fiat's interest in the Indian market, what with delay in Jeep launch, zero buzz on existing car features and the "will-she-wont-she" situation with the 1.6 MJD.
  3. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    The article quotes Bravo being launched which can't be true at all. My guess is FL Linea with 1.3 MJD, Avventure and some Abarth may be
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What is that 'FL Linea'?
  6. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Facelifted;)

Sent from my iris504Q using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  7. Punto Avventura- Actual look

This is how the actual car looks like. Pictures from Auto Expo
    Auto Expo 2014: Fiat Avventura compact crossover spied

Fiat Avventura likely to run on 89bhp 1.3 Multijet diesel engine.

photos
    0_0_355_http---i.haymarket.net.au-ExtraImages-20140205022808_awentura.jpg
    Feb 4, 2014
    While Fiat is all set to unveil three new cars at the Auto Expo 2014, the most exciting model at the carmaker's stand is going to be the new Fiat Avventura compact crossover. We got our hands on some early shots and here's a glimpse at what the upcoming Fiat Avventura will look like when it makes its world debut at the Auto Expo 2014.

The Avventura is based on the same platform as the Fiat Punto hatchback and features bold cladding on the lower portion of the bumpers and doors to lend it a tough look. The bumpers also have brushed metal effect detailing on them and the new car gets an open mouthed look with high-set projector headlights. Towards the rear, though you can make out that the shoulder line was taken from the Punto, the design is a lot more evolved. With a tail-gate mounted spare wheel and 200mm ground clearance, the Fiat Avventura looks like its somewhere between the Ford EcoSport and crossovers like the VW Cross Polo.

Interestingly, the Avventura’s spare wheel gets its own side-hinged mount and is not attached to the upward-opening tail gate. Also note, the spare wheel is not considered when measuring length which means the Avventura will duck under four-metres, and correspondingly be taxed as a small car, just as the Grande Punto.

The Avventura will run on Fiat’s 89bhp variable geometry turbo (VGT) 1.3-litre Multijet diesel engine.

The rugged appeal of crossovers is catching on in India and with the new Fiat Avventura, the carmaker is looking to cash in on this trend.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Not sure about the stance as it looks narrow and tall but that could be just the aspect ratio of the pictures....It doesnt look like punto with mere extra cladding

awentura2.jpg
    8 people like this.
  8. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    seems to be like a Italian Super Hottie.:p
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So name is confirmed, Avventura.
    Thread Title updated :).