1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    In my view, even if FIAT goes with the same 1.3 MJD 90HP, give a 6 manual speed gearbox on the Avventura, along with a few old styled issues addressed(like A2DP streaming on BnM etc) - that would be a good welcome change
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    As per the current lineup of Fiat India, first vehicle which deserves 1.5/1.6 mjd is Linea(whenever launched). Avventura /punto can follow later.
    Consider situation where Fiat india's flagship offering(Linea - as its the costliest) is with 90 hp and Avventura with 1.5/1.6 MJD.:)

Though not the revenue churner, they surely can plonk tjet in avventura.
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    I Really don't understand what is stopping fiat to give Tjet to avventura at least as an option.
    Ravi likes this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Perhaps cost vs number of sales made??:pompus:
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its a catch-22 situation, if you put T-Jet, cost will go up, but if you don't sales might be low. 2nd Option is tried by Fiat till now, they need to try with first option. Give these engine option, even on top-end models.
    bharath likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Cannibalization of sales of the diesel! The t-jet will cost nearly as much, and will be praised lavishly for its power and torque while the diesel despite having similar torque will be touted as 'sluggish'/'lethargic'. Net petrol+diesel sales will be lower than if they don't offer the t-jet at all! That is what happened to the new Linea IMO: the t-jet sells a bit and the diesel hardly any.
  7. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I really don't understand why are we cribbing about engine options! again I'll say, India is not a engine savvy nation! take the sales numbers of all manufacturers who have tried in the recent years! The Etios 1.5 Sport Failed; Polo 1.6 Failed. why because only a handlful are wanting bigger engines & could car less about fuel efficiency.

Also all the new variants of other companies like the VK-Polo & the Huyndai-i20 etc, have zero mechanical & drivetrain changes! Then why should Fiat change things?

Yes Fiat can give the Tjet option for both Evo & Avventura on special order basis! So that they can cater to those who want it & I'm sure a waiting of a few months will not push those buyers away. And if they find more & more special orders they can release a complete new variant!
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @kk27
    With the current mindset of the population on FIAT, i guess waiting time shall not favor FIAT in any way. Also i am noticing one thing major is the word of mouth plays a major role. Apparently that is not so good about FIAT. Yes they need to do a major work on GB and improving it alot. Plus as Hyundai is doing, FIAT should give more features to lure customers towards it. Just build like tank is not a convincing answer for the general public. I have tried to push this line alot, but people do not get convinced easily.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Few pictures from Overdrive

Fiat-Avventura-3.jpg

The Avventura looks almost as radical as the concept shown at the 2014 Auto Expo
    Fiat-Punto-Avventura-5.jpg

The spare wheel on the tailgate is the highlight of the Avventura’s design
    Fiat-Punto-Avventura-3.jpg

The Punto Evo’s interiors have been tweaked with difefrent inlays and materials for their duty in the Avventura
    Fiat-Punto-Avventura-18.jpg

Soft-touch trim for the dashboard…
    Fiat-Avventura-1.jpg

…and for the doors
    Fiat-Avventura-2.jpg

Two-tone upholstery is made of leatherette and fabric
    Fiat-Punto-Avventura-21.jpg

Use of tan instead of the usual all-black or beige and black combinations, is a welcome change
    Fiat-Punto-Avventura-17.jpg

The Punto Evo’s taillights make their way onto the Avventura as well
    Fiat-Punto-Avventura-8.jpg

The spare-wheel housing opens outwards
    Fiat-Punto-Avventura-14.jpg

The compass and the inclinometers work fine and our broken roads keep them busy all the time
    Fiat-Punto-Avventura-23.jpg

Only 90PS engines for the Avventura
    Fiat-Punto-Avventura-2.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    i do hope that the spare wheel cover is not easily stolen when parked in public area.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.