1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Pretty cool, this image, if representative: different steering wheel, different air vents and centre console, gear lever, coloured inserts near the gear and vents, as well as the door pads..

All design flourishes and touches that differentiate it from the Punto and that play up the overall sporty-urban-youth signification of the Avventura. Also suggestive of this car being exported in greater numbers than the Punto Evo and new Linea.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

If Fiat really wants to truly attempt to sell the Avventura , it should

1) give it the 1.3 MJD with an even higher state of tune (if possible)
    2) Provide 1.4 TJet as STANDARD petrol
    3) 16in wheels on all variants (if there are many)
    4) ABS , ESP and dual/side airbags
    5) Provide atleast a 6 speed gearbox if not Dualogic.
    6) Increase the available boot space (which I presume will be more than Punto owing to spare wheel placed outside).
    7) Post an advt pic without depicting the Euro-chic mounted cycles...India is a lazy nation that only cares about snob value.. They dont believe in riding bicycles, much less carrying them around. At best they can show a Thule box mounted..
    8) The dashboard is barebones. Where is the SatNav display screen? That will sell, not G-meters and inclino-meters (90% customers wont even understand)
    9) And how about showing off the angle of incidence and departure for some true urban offroading through craters ? It will definitely appeal to Pune customers who drive to Hinjewadi everyday for their IT jobs.. :rolleyes:
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Some speculation from NDTV - Fiat Avventura Crossover to be Launched in October - News

• Fiat India planning to bring in the Avventura crossover by October, 2014.
    • The Avventura migh features the same 1.3-litre multijet diesel and 1.4-litre FIRE petrol engine options found in the hatchback EVO.:thumbs down
    • Expected priced to be around Rs. 6 lakh (ex-showroom).
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I expect it to remain a Speculation itself.

I seriously wish Avventura come with 1.5 MJD and 1.4 T-Jet. If this is not something Fiat has planned, they need not launch the product at all. If they don't make engine differentiation between Evo and Avventura, it will just be seen as the Evo with those door cladding, big wheels and a hatch mount wheel.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
    5 people like this.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I dont think its possible.All these cross... cars by all manufacturers are mostly launched with simmilar specs but wit external cosmetics alteration.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dont you guys think, if there was a plan of 1.5MJD, by now its specs and details would already be out and gone for ARAI certifications and stuffs. Since none of them are out, i guess no 1.5 or higher.
  7. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    My only guess is Fiat might add a 6th gear to the Avventura....but again who knows:(

Sent from my iris504Q using Tapatalk
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    if Avventura comes with -
    1. 1.5 / 1.6 MJD with around 120 HP and 23 kmpl ARAI
    2. projector headlamps
    3. Reverse parking camera and sensors standard (as my Verna)
    4. ABS EBD, AirBags
    5. 6 Speed Gearbox from European Punto which takes the 90 HP punto from 0-100 in 11.x seconds.

I am ready to exchange my Verna 1.6 CRDI SX for this;)
    7 people like this.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    So true. If engine changes are not planned they should not have given the Evo the same look. Good engines would help differentiate the Avventura from the competition

Ford did the same thing with the Fiesta when it was launched a couple of years back. Nobody had a clue that it would be a 1.5 litre engine till the time the car was given for test drives to various automotive test drivers before the launch

If they add a 6th gear it is good, however the chances of doing this are lesser than the 1.5 MJD being introduced. The 1.5 MJD would be the new revenue generating engine for Fiat whereas the 6th gear would not generate any significant revenue
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Forget about the 1.5/1.6 mjd, guys, on the Avventura. That engine will come only mid/late next year, and even then more to supply Maruti Suzuki than for the Punto or Avventura! Fiat will use it more for the Indian-made Jeep C-SUV, and the bigger-than-Avventura Fiat-branded B-SUV promised for 2016. Reason: cost competitiveness.

But unlike with the Punto Evo, methinks a t-jet Avventura would sell decently (by Fiat standards) WITHOUT cannibalizing sales of the diesel(s) too much, unlike what's happened with the new Linea, where the diesel hardly sells anymore.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.