1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So you dont want weight to your car ? do you get the feel that Punto is more weighted ?
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Avventura also seems like the polo cross or the etios cross. Doesn't make much sense to me
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    They have tried to do both, just because their 'narration' hasn't worked that well yet (though sales are up a fair bit, year-on-year, from a terribly low base of course) does not mean they're to blame. 'The make the move' campaign was followed by the Linea launch caqmpaign, then the 'Hello Life' one. You could say the campaigns were ill-designed and ill-chosen. But that is circular reasoning: Fiat's to blame because sales and brand recognition remain poor, sales etc are poor because Fiat's to blame (incompetent, uncommited).

I just think there are deeper reasons at play here: namely the fact that the vast vast majority are not even listening, and if they are, are not open to persuasion, and even if they are, they are too risk-averse to give your brand a go. We must appreciate how difficult Fiat's marketing task is, given the culture of this car baazaar. Proof? VW and Skoda spend no end of money on marketing, but where are they in terms of market share? Which is why I feel Fiat must look to grow incrementally, not in a big bang, which they are doing already. As I said: more and better marketing + Dealers, more of the same, only better.

Launching all new platforms, engines and transmissions, and making huge VW-like marketing splurges will only burn money and will not solve the problem. And I think the new Linea is as new as the 'new' Honda City, just like the Punto Evo is as new as the 'new' current iteration of the swift or the recent 'new' polo and so on. So 'newness' is hardly the issue.

And don't write-off the Avventura! Methinks it can add 200-300 to the Punto Evo numbers, and likely even more. What i will concede is that they need ad campaigns that are louder, brasher, maybe even cheesier like the Hero motorcycle ads or the awful Honda Mobilio ad, a bit more 'desi', if you will!
  4. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

avventura is way better then polo cross and the ugliest car ever liva cross. aventura looks big and awesome and also has about 205mm GC(think i read somewhere) which give some justice for the cross tag and the main part IIRC indian loved the concept in autoexpo..

btw one thing thats bugging me is why did the white spy pic of aventura had normal headlamps and foglamps where as the aventura featured in this video has projector and DRL
    2 people like this.
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

I would say whatever sales the vW group have achieved are only on account of aggressive marketing. And personally I like their ads. In fact its so ironic that the Vento ad depicting love for free spirited driving even ignoring the 'babe' calling for attention, or the Polo ad where the salesman reassures the uncle of the cars safety-these should have been Fiat ads!!

Instead we get a bunch of foreigners dancing to some nondescript tune... Just plain moronic.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

Now look at this-if it is indeed an advt. Completely silent about the product !!! What the heck does it denote ? Nothing. Now, if they show a regular "round-waisted" upper middle class (IT types) desi guy in his late 30s in t-shirt and jeans, popping out of the car, all smiles/ agog with disbelief, THAT would mean something in the Indian context.
    I honestly dont know if Fiat even does market research. The conversations at the cafeteria or water fountain in my office are 80% about cars. And people DO change cars frequently nowadays. Almost everyone has atleast 1 B-segment or B-segment plus car, most others have C segment ones also. Everyone is talking about Mobilio vs Ertiga for instance, and even conversations about Honda City come up from time to time. And there I am, valiantly defending and espousing the virtues of my Linea..but to no avail.

People are simply not interested in the ride and handling or even build quality, except for token appreciation for robustness . They are all about deals and fuel economy, after sales service . Everyone is also deeply interested in cubic capacity and bhp figures, although I bet none of them will ever take their cars out on the winding sections at high speed to really test 'em out.
    And in this regard, the choices, most unfortunately, boil down to the oligopolistic triumvariate of M-H-H.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    4 people like this.
  7. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    No I mean the expectations are with the same build quality of Fiat not of mobilio or amaze wafers.
  8. bibin

bibin Regolare

what i feel is that Avventura should be compared to Ecosport rather than to etios and polo cross, since it will come with a increased ride height.
    2 people like this.
  9. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

The car in video has dual exhaust but the spied car has single exhaust:( these means the production ver will even shed projectors and DRL like that white spied pic
    1 person likes this.
  10. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

I read in motorbeam . Com and indianautosblog.com, that Avventura will come with projector headlamp.
    If this news is true, then it will definitely create a good hype in the market and will attract some buyers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.