1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Being given a Yellow card already in this thread, here is my next foul game. I am guessing FIAT will not differentiate Avventura from the hatch just with the increased GC. FIAT might equip the Avventura with the Traction+ technology as in FIAT Panda Trekking which would justify the name Avventura. But this is all my speculation. The other thing that has been running in my mind is , FIAT has already decided to leverage Fiat 500 platform the Future Punto, The Punto platform will be enhanced for the Future Avventura and going forward Avventura would evlove in a different form as a seperate miniSUVin the punto platform, instead of the wearing the Next Generation Punto looks. Though the Autoexpo piece didnt reveal anything for the chance of a Traction+, being a hardcore Fiat fan I am forced to wish such a thing exists in the Test Mules.
    5 people like this.
  2. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    With this your first yellow card is withdrawn from my side Srida...... ::V:razz: Keep :dancing
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Srida ,looking at the wishes, even Sergio Marchionne's five year plans look digestible ::V to me. TFI forum is becoming mother of speculations !
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  4. ani1900s

ani1900s Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree with quite a few users here that Avventura does not seem to impress much..... there were times when I use to call Ford Ecosport a larger raised hatch when compared with Duster which looks like a real compact SUV. And Avventura now actually defines itself as a hatch that is growing to become a compact SUV.
    Overall interior & exterior in first look looks more similar to the new upcoming Punto. The question that should come in mind whilst buying a compact SUV should be whether to buy Avventura or Duster/ Terrano.... in this case it more looks like whether to buy a Punto or an Avventura.
    Not to ignore that M&M are going to come up with a mini XUV500 & Chevrolet coming up with another competitor in compact SUVs market, will Avventura really stand out?
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

They missed a golden opportunity to launch a genuine compact SUV in India which would have rocked the Indian auto world and would have established at least Jeep in India (if Not FIAT)... a 1.6 ltr MJD 9 Speed Jeep Renegade:A . Why didn't they launch Renegade, a compact SUV made for growing economies with European lifestyle and Jeep's off-roading traits? Sell it in 8-12 lacs range and it is going to turn tables overnight for many SUV makers. It doesn't matter if FIAT's next attempt is a FIAT Linea with 210 mm GC and spare tyre fixed on it's rear bumper, none is a serious attempt but joke!

2015-Jeep-Renegade-price-Google-glitch.jpg

At least they should have withdrawn traditional Punto's rear or The front fascia (similar to new Punto, Headlights & grill) to make it look different.
    Sorry, I fail to notice anything other than a Punto with a tyre hanging awkwardly on it's rear.
    It will just make Punto's life hell more tougher than whatever small number they were managing to sell for.
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Leaving aside the Fiatians :D ,most would pick Ecosport if given a chance rather than Avventura and so there is not even a comparison with 'SUVish' looking Terrano/Duster.Even the auto magazines see Avventura as a crossover competitor to POlO & Etios and not pitted anywhere to these mini SUVs .I feel there will be a cross shopping between New Punto & Avventura considering the minimal cost difference these products going to have.There are much changes to release the Avventura first to showcase it as a new product ,to taste some sales and then New Punto will be released after some months.

Once the so called mini SUVs,4m sedans begin to come out, I feel Avventura may stand OUT :( unless FIAT works out ads,awareness,service,facelifts and of course discounts :D.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    The only problem is EcoSport was a fresh product whilst Avventure is nothing but hatch on steroids. Although EcoSport is no different it was marketed brilliantly and people are lining up to buy the contraption. However knowing Fiat we all know how this is going to be launched.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Avventura has got sexy wheels but it may not look as rugged as Terrano,Duster or Ecosport,it will be a Punto with a spare wheel,large 16" tyres,body cladding with roof rails & some SUV gizmo dials above ac vents but it has got its own niche new segment CUV & Fiat should launch it sooner than August or it may loose its demand before the launch only.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi Man.

I suspect Fiat India doesn't care whether you buy the Punto or the Avventura: the idea is to add decent incremental sales at the cut-throat prices that this market demands, spoilt as it is by the likes of Suzuki, Hyundai and Honda.

Neither the Ecosport nor the Duster/Terrano are that roomy in the rear. The main attraction of such pseudo-SUVs is body style. Of course they ride well, with decent handling but I bet the Avventura will be even better.

Also, why do you think looking like the Punto will not work in the market, since the black body cladding and the silver-grey cladding on the front and rear part-black and part-body-coloured bumper will make it look distinctive + huge wheels.

No?

Also, the Fiat five-year plan for India (and this is serious, announced as part of Chrysler Fiat's global plan, by Marchionne and Mike Manley themselves) states clearly that an Indian-made Jeep is coming in 2016, a 'C-SUV'. Most likely that will be the Renegade! Or a longer, bigger version of it. But we can forget about 10-12 lakhs, this one has premium interiors and suspension geometry, more like 15 to 22 lakhs?

Also: they're saying this Avventura is for-India but it is the first gen of Avventura as a global brand. In 2016 there will be an all-new Avventura, on an all-new platform, presumably much bigger? Note that their plan also has an all-new launch scheduled for 2016 from Fiat India.
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
    3 people like this.
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.