1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Initially, I was so disappointed when the photoshop version of avventura was published. However, the actual revealing of the concept has changed my perception completely. Well done FIAT, once again. I just hope that there is no difference in the production version of this car. The car is awesome as is, atleast by the way it looks.
  2. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    did u guys notice , avventura ka discs are also rusted . EPIC FAIL .

Atleast they should have cleaned that up .
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Isn't that oxidation layer that forms over cast iron rather than rusting?
    2 people like this.
  4. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Isn't rust the stuff that is formed by oxidation of iron? :confused:
    But as you say, rusting of the brake discs is normal when the brakes are not used and will go away as soon as the brakes are used.

BTW, the avventura on display at the caffe last week didn't even have the brake pedals and clutch connected. They were just dummy ones which when pressed went all the way in and didn't spring back, So those brakes would never have been used from the time they were fitted. :-D
  5. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    Amazing pictures and Avventura looks pretty impressive. Thanks to everyone who have shared this mind blowing picture collection. Wish Avventura is priced right and changes fortune for FIAT India.
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Is there any place in India to get the abarth alloy wheels. it is available in uk but the courier charge is 1350 euro whereas the alloy costs 1249 Euro.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why not wait for sometime.
    Since Abarth brand as such has already launched, I am sure Alloys and other items should be available by year end.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I can cite an example in my (medical) language.

Having chest pain (known as angina if due to heart) because of insufficient blood supply to the heart muscles is not same as heart muscles getting damaged (known as myocardial infarction or heart attack) due to insufficient blood supply. In the latter, a patient suffers actual damage to the heart.

I have observed that this oxidation occurs minutes after we wash the car. Its so rapid that sometimes I have not even finished washing the car when I can see the discs getting orange layer over them. Rust is when the surface of the disc gets corroded and this is a terminal damage to the brake discs.

AFAIK, this oxidation does not progresses to rust in these discs. :)
    2 people like this.
  9. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
  10. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    I hope FIAT gives a good deal on buyback for Avventura to current FIAT owners ... :rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.