1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We have Tfians who have driven their fiat to Laddakh and crossed countries, do you think only power matters ? and not handling,comfort,flexibility.Please bro dont neglect handling and ride when it comes to FIATS.if you have power you need to handle it as well.

End of the day.FIAT Avventura is the game for the FIAT now.i will be happy to buy Avventura with 1.3MJD 75Hp as well.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

perhaps you didnt read my post in context.fiats have pwr delivery, ride n handling is what I said, but the buyer of a honda, hyundai or maruti doesn't care a damn. All her sees is 1.6 litres, 128 bhp, touchscreen nav, sunroof . he doesnt look at the reed thin 175 tyres on the city or the boat like ride on the verna or the tin can build of a maruti OR the reliability issues of the DSG. In the circumstances, the least fiat can do is to launch its new cars in good time...

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Agreed 100%. What is there to pitch against Duster or Ecosport. And we already have a 1.6 engine, what are they waiting for. People compare specs and opt for the higher ones. Fuel Efficiency beyond a point goes for a toss. I am sure Fiat Fans want something right about now to choose against XUVs, Dusters or Ecosports.
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Guys imagine if fiat bring 1.6 mjd and do immense cost cutting in build and quality... light doors like verna, thin metal like city and sell it at a competitve price or they bring 1.6 mjd in linea retain the same body dynamics and quality and sell it at a very higher price than verna and city... will they achieve success?

Atleast they are trying to remain in the market with competitive pricing and their benchmark build and driving dynamics... we cannot expect everything in one product and still keep the price low...

Even 1.3 is very much capable and all of us who are running with remap can say this... why is fiat not providing better maps is a different topic altogether.. apologies for deviating from main topic

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    4 people like this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Shashank we all share sentiments about Fiat getting a stronger foothold in the market, but no matter how much we debate on this issue ultimately our sole motive is to see Fiat succeed one way or the other. We can only watch as enthusiasts.

The only reason I can think of that engineers like to play safe with their stock maps, and provide just one that can do it all including maintaining engine health in the long run while keeping emissions in check. They dont want to bring themselves and their companies to issuing recalls and getting their kicked out of the company. ;)
    2 people like this.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    things are changing. the auto mags are slowly starting to show what is the impact of buying a cheap tin car.
    So hold your horses. "Unless even the auto mags are being bought out by these brands" or "They begin to have india specific crash tests" where they bump cars into balloons , i expect to see the FIATs, VWs and volvos picking up sales in india for sure.

Then again one's only left to speculate on these things.
    1 person likes this.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Saw the avventura inside out and my impression is that this is the best crossover in the market. Its unlike any other crossover where the manufacturer have just put some black cladding in the lower part of the body and raised the GC by few mm to call it a crossover.

The Avventura looks a proper crossover. More details tomorrow.

20140208_1137.jpg
    11 people like this.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

Yes, but why didn't fiat send the linea and punto for the test? Why do they not market their sturdiness? Let us admit that other cos are doing something better for them to bring those numbers out.

Sent from my CRXT 1131 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    They selected the top 5 hatchbacks that are selling good in their respective segment.

Nano is the only car in its segment.

Then they selected Alto out of alto/eon/alto800.

Then they selected i10 out of wagonR/estilo/grand i10 and what not.

Out of swift/figo/ritz/micra etc. They took figo. Maybe they didnt take swift coz already alto was there from maruti.

Out of i20/polo/punto/fabia/sail uva, they took polo. i20 is leading in sales but maybe i10 was already there so they didnt want to humiliate hyundai further.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    honestly speaking that's no way to even perform a crash test and i didn't even understand why they did it in the first place.
    Every car is different and unless the chassis is shared among different cars there should be a test done for every car(Fiats included).
    This i guess was their way of telling us that "look even we can perform a crash test so come on lets pick a few cars and make a huge publicity stunt".

Having said that, the regulations here are so bad and the mentality of majority is so stereotypical that these kind of tests wont prove much. I also suspect brands will pay their way into "safetyness"
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.