1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acechip

acechip Superiore

But whats with the vibrating spare tyre mount ? That sounds like a Tata car.
    Lets not be carried off with this. Duster vs Avventura is an unfair comparision. And the way they described the Avventura sailing over potholes vs Duster stopping, obviously mean nothing. Its also about the person behind the wheel that matters. With wider tires and equal GC, I dont see why Duster wouldnt also make light work of that pothole stretch unless the driver had other ideas. I have seen people driving their Wagon Rs and even Alto/M800s with utter disdain over pothole stretches where I have slowed down a bit in my Linea, inspite of its 170mm GC and 16/205 tyres and all that One-and-quarter-ton heft.
    The fair statement is that Avventura is true to its genes product, and scores well on all the tickmarks for an urban compact crossover. But unless Fiat heavily advertises it, it wont make any impact.
    Rituraj likes this.
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So far it's going pretty damn good!

IMG-20141018-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20141018-WA0006.jpg
  3. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @acechip Fiat seems to tick right all boxes this time. One more important tick to be announced is pricing. If the pricing is also on bang I don't see why Fiat fail to sell avventura in numbers.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  4. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    If the rear mounted wheel vibrates that bad...then fiat should do something for that

That aside, I'm really expecting avventura top end to be priced at 1.5-2 L lesser to top end ecosport
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cut the slack about the vibrations. No need to go overboard with unnecessary criticism and rants.

You will read about it on our review. But of course the haters will continue to hate.
  6. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Well said @amogh, its like people who cannot afford iPhone, criticize apple.

I would like to part of the review team once if I could get a chance. What a enjoyable work that is :)
  7. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    While I agree with what Amogh said, but I can't really understand the comparison! The way I see it, apple phones are in a lot of ways below par and great in a very few! My rant does not mean I can't afford it, but I would just not buy it; atleast the current generation.

Coming back to Avventura, The problem still is that not many people know about it and more than FIAT, I blame the people of our country. Most of us, most of the times would turn a blind eye towards anything that FIAT would do. Hence, there has to be more marketing efforts from FIAT.

If for next 18 months Avventura sells over 500 units continuously along with 800+ units of Evo and 200+ units of Linea, I'd be happier.
    nbvcrao and prabhjot like this.
  8. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Ichimaru, Let me be more clear. Though apple have a premium charge to their products, we need to agree that they have been the pioneers in changing the way people look at phones today. Only thing they are marketed well.

Similarly, FIAT have been the pioneers in engine, design and built quality. Built quality in terms where its reachable to common man.

The Indian crowd does not know or is not knowledgeable in terms of cars and what they do. Maruti in collaboration with suzuki was the first entrant and people went for it as they wanted a change from Ambassador and Old FIAT PAL.

Then came Hyundai. During those days, we did not have such media or forums where people could bash things. With Fiat I think they expect something out of the world, For God known reasons.

Even in terms of Luxury cars, Benz were the first entrant. Though they are the real pioneers in terms of technology in every aspect, they still had a lot of issues in the old gen E and C class.

They took their time to make things better and when other brands came into the market like Beemer and Audi, Benz had to deliver.

If you take the case of FIAT, they had problem more in the servicing departments than anything else and that pulled the brand down in India previously.

We also do not give time for the brand to pick up. All have had their share of problems, only thing it has not be highlighted this badly. And we relentlessly keep bashing FIAT for ever so small things.

Coming to the point in Avventura, we are creating a huge ball for just a vibration on the mounted spare wheel, where as company like Honda have screwed up big time with their diesel engine and we do not hear a word about that.
    sunil216, prabhjot and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  9. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Totally agree with the statement that issues (even non issues) are blown out of proportions when its FIAT. Moreover, many people who have not experienced the product or brand criticize FIAT.

The reason why I can't see Apple and FIAT being compared is because I do not see any similarity in them in the current scenario. Apple is by far the best marketing company. But that's about it! I agree they changed the way people looked at phones but now atleast I think they are stagnant in terms of meaningful innovations. Now, they are just making money because of the brand they have built more than because of their products. Something similar would be Toyota and Honda. Look at Etios, Mobilio stupid cars (mean no offence) whit horrible interiors yet successful.

I see FIAT more as Windows Phone/Microsoft.
    You have the resources and you have the products. But the implementation is no way near as good as Apple.
    Service quality not at par with Apple.
    You do not have the media support.
    you do not have the brand recall.
    Low market/mind share.
    Most people who buy it, love it!
    Most people who criticize it, never owned it.
    Sadly, most people just turn a blind eye towards it!

Having said that, WP outsells iPhone in India and I really hope FIAT manages to sell 2k+ units with these three cars. Something they really deserve. They have been working hard and they just need to push further and be consistent and persistent!

Lastly, its not really considered very cool to own an MS product (Brand Image)!
    drsantoshms likes this.
  10. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Herd mentality is difficult to beat. The enterprising ones don't belong there, and that includes yours truly too. This lead us to Linea T-Jet, despite all lobbying from friends of course for the Korean equivalent. We still settled for Linea T-Jet, and we are enjoying every moment of it. Let me briefly narrate two experiences.

We had been on a 2K vacation trip to Rajasthan, on the newly acquired jet. In Mount Abu, we hired a taxi with a guide for site seeing on day 1. A brand new Dzire with 400km on ODO came. After finishing lunch at a brief stopover, while waiting for family to join, I lit up a fag and rested against front fender of DZire. The area gives a "dhak" sound while I rest, so I immediately move away and then even with a slight hand press the area would go in and out just like a tin can.

The second day we drove in mighty jet for completing the est of the sight seeing. No offense meant to Dzire owners. But I just wondered what would happen in a head on collision even at a slow speed if a mere mild hand pressure could move the sheet metal.

Second instance was when my nephew was driving. Being young that he is, he loves to enjoy the turbo kick on every gear. He was terribly impressed with the breaking from 80+ to zero in less than 10 meters, and he repeatedly did this while negotiating few huge speed breakers. He drives his own old elantra so he had something to compare with.

There's one thing which is available free, in plenty -- Advise. I remember one quote from Yash Johar on "Advise" -- "[sic]Yaar paisay ki kamee hai toe paisay de do ... advise toe bahut miltee hai" or something like that. When I buy, I use my head. When we bought Figo six months before we bought T-Jet, we had to go through same experience -- friend's free advises in plenty -- when we bought T-Jet.

If I have to buy a third car, Fiat it will be. It's different. I hope I don't sound like a fanboy :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.