1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Just cheking out avventura at balaji service center thane... The copper color looks damn good
  2. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    What about pricing? Please do update us on this, if possible (base to higher variant)
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Finally, the long wait seems to get over ! The official launch is scheduled on Oct 20 ,2014 as of now :D.Well, this is what they have been calling 'right before festive season'.Way to go Fiat!!!

upload_2014-10-16_17-8-25.png
    prabhjot, Ravi and GirishRaghu like this.
  4. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    As per the service advisor, the pricing has not been fixed yet.
  5. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    If you have directed this to my post, let me tell you i m driving MJD for 30K as of now, so not really a jump in and blah blah...

Am I content with the perf ? yes because of my driving style, but do I want more? Hell yes after reading some of the recent remapp success stories specially from Kiran.

Why not have more when it can deliver more?
    Murphy_Fiat, zenwalker and prabhjot like this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @rudresh Apologies. My post was occasioned by yours but was directed at the quick test drivers/engine hanging-judges, not at you personally.

It does get irritating to hear complaints about the 90 hp mjd when people don't acknowledge that whatever it lacks at the low-end, it makes up in the mid-range. i.e., complaints by people (NOT you ;-)) who don't care to understand its character objectively, and only then judge it, rather than rush to a subjective judgment based on the absence of frisky acceleration from a standing start.

Just another one of the stigmatising rumours about Fiat that float around and get 'truer and truer' the more they are repeated and regurgitated by....non-owners. Just another one of my pet Fiat-ian peeves. Sorry.
    rudresh likes this.
  7. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Took the test drive of Avvantura(diesel,emotion)at Torrid Motors Andheri west.
    Some points
    1. Very lite clutch, Really amazing.
    2. Fiat has tuned this engine very well, both top end and low end performance is great.
    3. NVH levels are great. Fiat did a very good job here.
    4. Dashboard and steering looks very attractive, leather on steering is quite good as compared to my Linea, soft touch dash is great.
    5. Gear shifting is improved but not top class.
    6. Door plastic panels are looking cheap.
    7. Speakers are amazing, the sound quality is incomparable to any car under 10lac, great great.
    8. One big let down is mounted wheel make some noise when car rides on big pot holes and on really bad roads, on tar and semi-bad roads there is no problem.
    9. But on regular road also the mounted wheel vibrated and you can see that is vibrating from outside. Inside no problem.
    10. Big leap on fit and finish. Car has good road presence.
    11. Sales guys are trained properly and they have one catalog which has comparison of Avvantura with EcoSport, Cross Polo and Etios Cross.
    some pics

IMG_20141016_161415.jpg

IMG_20141016_161422.jpg

IMG_20141016_163914.jpg
  8. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Forget about 1.5/1.6 MJD. My only complaint is why can't Fiat remap the 1.3 MJD for better city driving (read as less turbolag) and performance. When licencees of this engine can do that and when wolf moto can extract more juice, why can't Fiat? I heard they tuned 1.3 MJD for better low end performance in Fiat Avventura. Fingers crossed
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 16, 2014 ---
    Then again if avventura is launched in Tjet, there are people who again complain about mileage... Kitna deta hai? There will be reviews like.. "Avventura tjet you are fast and powerful but how efficient?"
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    prabhjot and Raj_pol like this.
  9. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Very true about the improvement in city - driving. They have to get people to notice their product. This amounts to something like what the Eco sport did when they first came in. I am not saying I absolutely know what will work but definitely what they are doing is not enough.
    Have to test ride the Avventura to see how different it feels from my current EVO.
  10. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Good to hear so many positive points. I am waiting to have a test drive.

If this hits the right cord, FIAT will surely leap frog :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.