1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Is the rear of the punto cramped than the ecosport? I feel both are just the same, guys your opinion?

Btw..fingers-crossed for avventura to be atleast 1.5 lakhs lesser than top end ecosport
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    no rear space is almost the same as per the reviews.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip The features (airbags and the option of an AT) would come at cost of at least 2 lakhs above the Avventura's price. The Sync is nothing but the Blue&Me, both being Microsoft. Ford charges an arm and a couple of legs for all this stuff you say people 'want': spare tyre cover? alloys on the base variant? (art) leather seats and door inserts? Real roof rails? The Avventura offers them as standard.

Fiat are, rightly, playing on price, for a car that is very very attractive, with better build and material quality all-told compared not just to the Ecosport but the Duster too.

About the motorbeam review: a pretty fair one, except for the irritatingly usual misunderstanding of the mjd 90hp's highway-biased character (terrific in-gear performance) for weak performance as a whole. That is what happens when 'comprehensive road-tests' by automag guys are done in city limits! Which may've been acceptable for the 90hp Evo but the Avventura is, and is being marketed as, a touring, 'venture'-some (out of the boring city rigmarole) vehicle?!

The Ecosport does have the better engines, but the Avventura's a better crossover because its ride, handling, steering, tyres and braking are fair bit better: it is these that really matter alongwith the looks for this type of vehicle.

Let's see. Especially if the t-jet is offered on this next year (no petrol topend, curiously!)
    GirishRaghu, bharath and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  4. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    "The Ford EcoSport is the better car but the Fiat Avventura is more desirable"

the above verdict does turn the tide in favor of avventura.

keeping my fingers crossed on the pricing.

if it is priced between 5.50 to 9 (ex showroom) then we have a sure winner here and hopefully fiat dealers will have reason to smile.
  5. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Avventura at Bangalore airport.

uploadfromtaptalk1413439400632.jpg
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Ravi, i saw it day before yesterday night.
  8. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    The dark coffee brown color in the motorbeam review is very attractive. Ecosport has very poor rear seat space specially shoulder area...

Its clear that Fiat is not betting on Avventura on engine perf. They are having their own ideas on engine offering in India even though people scream for T-jet punto/avventura or 1.5/1.6 MJD. Only complain is why can't they map that 1.3 better for perf? They are anyway down in "kitna Deti hai" dept compared to rivals.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Only those who don't know how to adjust to the character of the engine and gearbox feel it is down on performance, i.e., folks who just jump in and do a cursory, impressionistic 'test-drive'. The mjd is fine, just got to know how to keep it in its strong zone, it is inexpensive, durable and reliable and refined and efficient as hell. In any case: its alleged lack of poke has little or nothing to do with Fiat's less than soaring sales numbers.
  10. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    :D Agreed. Perhaps a 1.5 L diesel based out of the 1.6 MJD. Oh how I love to dream.
    prabhjot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.