1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acechip

acechip Superiore

Dont get me worked up with all this- fuels my frustration at Fiat even more. @prabhjot- I dont see 300+ sales per month with this kind of preparedness from Fiat. If, for instance, a salesman is unable to articulate the difference between the old Punto and the Evo, its no wonder the car is not selling well. And that too in an area like NCR. Looks like the folks at Kashyap Fiat have zero motivation/incentive. And I would' nt be surprised if this were to be repeated across the country.

OTOH, I have begun to use my Linea more in the past few days..just reminding myself that its the car, not the company that is good. But that alone, is not enough in the long run.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Well, that salesman's not wrong, you know? It is 'just' a facelift, inside and out. ;-) And he indeed cannot/has been forbidden to offer test drives of the Avventura before the official launch. And he cannot change the fact that the 'market' in its wisdom assigns a low resale value in delhi ncr for a diesel Punto NO MATTER how well maintained.

I see nothing wrong in this report on the basis of which we've concluded an absence of, er, 'killer' (?) instincts, and complete un-preparedness, lack of 'motivation' etc for a new launch, etc.

No offence, but: Just the all-too common whingeing exaggeratedly that too many fiat fans and owners do EVEN when there is no good reason to. ;-)

Fiat sales in delhi ncr are not hot: this is maruti, hyundai and honda territory. But Fiats do sell here at a steady-ish rate (there are 7 or 8 dealerships in all for Delhi ncr, so no Fiat dealership is crowded with customers desperate to put their money down, like say a Honda one.) Of course, many dealers here are still not perfectly ship-shape but that is more because of weak sales and therefore dealer revenues and profits (i.e., 'incentives', 'motivation') than incompetence on Fiat India's part. This is precisely what Fiat will address, hopefully well enough for now, with the Avventura, following the relatively discount-free sales of the new Evo?

I remain optimistic that the Avventura will sell decently, by Fiat standards, off the bat, and actually pickup sales in the following months/early next year. Let's see, why moan in advance? Because it might become a self-fulfilling negative prophecy...:-(
    Ichimaru and drsantoshms like this.
  3. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot Why moan in advance? This is a fantastic quotation. Can't stop laughing. ROFL
  4. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    I beg to differ here. Its a facelift, agreed but there are definitely things that appeal to a common man. What about the aux in, what about the rear visible AC vents, what about the extra cup chiller , what about the volume control on AC vents, what about the much improved seats(yes I can vouch for it ; evo seating is much better than my 2010 punto 90hp with very good contoured seats and under thigh support); what about the 16inch alloys ; improved audio ; even if a person hears all this. He would feel satisfied ; yes there is something in the car that was not present before. A person who is interested in the car wants to be convinced. A simply saying "No change in the car except facelift " right from the salesman mouth in my opinion is a suicidal marketing strategy.

For the Avventura also if the salesman says "Its nothing but a punto with 20mm increased GC with wheel attached outside " ; no matter how true in my opinion is definitely a suicidal strategy . You need to buy the customer with words first if you want the customer to buy your product with the money. And that in my opinion is the killer instinct !!
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
  5. bhatt_vimal

bhatt_vimal Timido

Mumbai
    I believe the initial potential customer base for Avventura would be the 'informed' lot and will not depend solely on sales person for information. Then word of mouth would bring in others as the product would speak for itself. Word of mouth publicity works best in India as people trust it more when they hear from friends/relatives. I am optimistic on this.
    GirishRaghu and prabhjot like this.
  6. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Just so, I came across this AD from ford for the ecosport. Somewhere it is trying to copy the likes of the Avventura campaign. Is Ford really worried about the Sales of Ecosport going down due to Avventura launch ? They could have atleast comeup with a different tag line for their AD.

IMG_20141015_104337.jpg
    GirishRaghu and prabhjot like this.
  7. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Expected Launch Date is 20th
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Not sure if fiat wishes to bet more on qbarth now than avventura. I wish they put their hearth and souls and all the immense efforts on avventura thus getting around 2k bookings per month over all.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.