1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat CUV - Avventura - Launch in Oct'14, Booking Started

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhatt_vimal

bhatt_vimal Timido

Mumbai
    Took test drive of emotion diesel avventura in Mumbai today. The car looked awesome on road. The dealer torrid fiat is offering test drives to those who have booked it. The spare wheel has locking mechanism which prevents it from swinging back.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great information, but it is too short review on your test drive. Any pictures?
  3. bhatt_vimal

bhatt_vimal Timido

Mumbai
    Well, you know Mumbai traffic, could only go till third gear. Car build felt rock solid ( I owned Maruti Suzuki before). It faced the pot holes with ease. Engine felt very quite in the cabin. Turning radius felt bigger while taking U-turn. Driver can see the spare wheel top in rear view mirror. IMHO this is a plus as it allows better judgment while reversing. There was one glitch - the car kept sounding the seat belt warning even when we all were buckled up. Sales person confirmed that this is known glitch but they couldn't take car to workshop to fix it. As in punto evo, the clutch play felt too long for my comfort.
    Overall, I loved it for the 360 protection by plastic cladding, awesome ground clearance, build quality, great looks, functional roof rails.
    Awaiting pricing details.
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I read first 2 lines (below) and closed :).

zenwalker, prabhjot and sathishgv like this.
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2 more Youtube videos from Fiat -

7. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    So the 1.4 PDA Petrol and 1.4 Fire Petrol is different engines? As per the Motorbeam Review Petrol Avventura is having good pickup and low end torque.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    No, i think the graphic mis-transcribed the 115 Nm max torque he spoke as 150 Nm max torque? It is the same 1.4 Fire engine. And it's a good one too: sluggish in the first gear, but punchy enough in higher ones, esp gears 3+ at higher, highway speeds. A little insipid on the Linea (in the city) but fine on the Punto, i believe.
  9. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Guys today i went to Kashayp Fiat , Noida to have a look at Avventura and any exchange for my 2010 Punto 90hp run for 55K. Firstly the sales guys hardly new much about the features . In fact he did not even know the differences between my punto 90hp 2010 model and the latest punto evo 90hp. He said everything the same except the external looks. Gosh !! I could point so many differences. Cmon!! Was utterly disappointed by the knowledge!!
    Now the most shocking part !! The exchange value that he quoted for my Punto90hp-1.75 K. There was my colleague with me planning to buy RitzZDI in exchange for his 2008 i10 run for 1.15Km whom I also wanted to show the Punto . He liked the car , but when he heard the resale value of my existing Punto 90HP - he was like "WTF" ?? His 2008 i10-run for 1.15 lakhs was going out for 1.20 lakhs , And here my 2010 Punto Diesel run for 55K for 1.75!! The sales guy simply smiled and went away as if to say "Idiots"...
    And the further worst part.. No test drive for Evo as all cars were on "wash" . And no test drive for Avventura before launch-even though it was standing there (launch on 20th as he said). But you can book the car-Strange !!
    When will these guys have the killer spirit!!
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  10. Anoop Puravankara

Anoop Puravankara Timido

Kochi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I went to hyson fiat Kochi to have a look at avventura today and they have only the petrol base variant on display. They are expecting the launch on 16th.
    the exchange price they are offering for my 2012 1.3 emotion is 350000.
    Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.