1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat contemplating Abarth Linea for India: source Autocar India

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ashwyain, Sep 18, 2015.

1. ashwyain

ashwyain Timido

Pune, Maharashtra
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Abarth Linea?

Is it really available elsewhere? Or if Fiat just going to make another just like the Abarth Punto Evo they did for India?
    Can't they really work on bringing something other than Punto and Linea to India? It is just these 2 they are sticking with from 2009.
    sdp1975 likes this.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

@ramjn , do you remember how many models Ambassador had.? To my knowledge they had four, Mark1, Mark2, Mark3 and Mark4 and the most visible difference in the last model was the square indicator lamp under the headlight and a flush tailight.:)) so there is a precedence. Fiat is following that business model it seems. The trend today is Auto sales are driven by new launches.What you have under the hood of an older vehicle doesnt tickle anybody. They need the underhood change with a bodily refresh to boot.

nbvcrao and prabhjot like this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

They're just 'batting time' so as to see the dealers and the brand through to the REAL all-new stuff....in 2017. The Abarth-s are a good way to do that. btw, the new marketing campaign is getting underway i believe: big colourful ad in Hindi papers, big billboards in Bangalore etc....

I do wish and hope they at least offer another (after the 595 competizione) not-cbu but ckd-with-Indian-powertrain model before 2017 though: diwali 2016. The 500X? If it's ckd (mostly) and if localization is limited to powertrains: they need not worry about economies of scale via exports etc, and can move faster. The 500X would be ideal, say at 14 to 18 lakhs, if possible?
  5. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore