1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Chrysler India's new MD - Nagesh A. Basavanhalli - Now Quit

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by santhukp, Apr 2, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Top management changes in the times of difficulty is not new to car makers in India. It is yet to be known as to whether Nagesh B left personally or was removed for operational reasons. Or was it a ploy of owners in Italy to allow the Fiat India operations to bloom or stabilize in India and then get one of their own men to handle further now that Fiat has started introducing new models in the India market. Lots of if and buts, real picture only better known to Nagesh B. But must admit that at least he started the expansion spree, lot more dealer/workshops and Fiat re-emerging as a brand in India thanks to his efforts. Maybe his ideas didn't get enough wings.

On a lighter note, Can I apply?:rolleyes::p
  2. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Perhaps he had already realized that the ship was about to sink. Maybe he just refused to remain the captain of the sinking ship and jumped to greener pastures.
  3. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    I don't foresee FIAT as a sinking ship. According to me,it is Honda India, which is a sinking ship with it's quality issues. I see FIAT India as a ship whose construction is in progress and in the right direction.

Infact I was a bit worried when Mr. Enrico left FIAT India last year. He did some dynamic changes to FIAT India operations. After Enrico left Mr. Nagesh executed the already laid plans, well I should say in a good manner. And, I have to say that opening 100 new dealerships in a one year time frame is no small task. And with Nagesh's exit I expect the new Head to concentrate more on Sales & Marketing, Launching India specific FIAT products very fast and quick and the all new powertrains.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @ghodlur
    If it was a formal exit by himself, then i am sure himself would have done a press meet atleast for an Automag folks and presented his successor. This is what usually happens when some one is exiting by themselves.

On the flip side, if the FIAT Italy wanted to place their own guy after some growth seen in FIAL, then they would not have pushed off the existing candidate than to promote him to other level like Enrico case. In this case it didnt.

@Rituraj,
    Hmm... May be, but thats very unprofessional and considered as equivalent as crime itself. Remember recently the ferry boat capsize in Korea triggering a court rule for the Captain to sent for long term jail since he escaped from the boat before capsizing.
    jackharrisw likes this.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Enrico Atanasio should have continued I feel. He was transferred just when he got the momentum going. What FIAT india needs to do is to poach a guy from Maruti. Mayank Pareekh would have been ideal, so would be Rajeev dube. While the DNA of Fiat products will remain same and support them, they may be able to address the marketing and ASS side better.
    The way Ferrari race teams people have been cleaned up, I think Sergio marchionne may be doing something similar here. He is a quiet performer and can be trusted. Sometimes even a Gosn cannot do everything, if you see how renault nissan is performing.

Abdul
    VIJENDRA SINGH, prabhjot and ramjn like this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Sinking ship and green pastures? lol, Good morning ! Feeling grumpy yet .. :grumpy:
    You should be glad atleast something is changing for sure :p
    VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.
  7. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Sarcasm duly noted! Atleast someone indeed "made the move". :p
    prabhjot, zenwalker and asimpleson like this.
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I think what was expected from him not done, so seems to be kicked out. being from R & D division and and Indian guy who understands the market well, he failed miserably to come up with new and out of the box ideas, what we got was the punto with sparewheel mounted on rear if thought from aam adami perspective. not even used the spare wheel space for boot. this was bound to happen.
    just look at other M/Hy/Ho how many products with much improvement are launched by them in last 1 or 1.5 years.
    also messed with the design keeping same for Evo and Avvy.
  9. Jagan Mohan Reddy

Jagan Mohan Reddy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet

I think this is not a correct Info
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Do you mean this —

//“As an expatriate, he is serving the third of his three-year term. Normally, expatriate postings are for a period of up to three years. There are, however, no hard and fast rules. He has been in India since 2007,” said a company spokesperson.//

Read more at: http://www.livemint.com/Companies/BnOXI7mX5ne2WBQ9BRndQK/Fiat-Chrysler-India-MD-and-president-Nagesh-Basavanhalli-to.html?utm_source=copy