1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Chrysler India's new MD - Nagesh A. Basavanhalli - Now Quit

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by santhukp, Apr 2, 2013.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Legacy ?? Hmmm...

There are still people around who blame FIAT for running away with their hard earned money after accepting bookings for the Uno.

FIAT : if you are listening - reach out to all these people whose booking amount you never returned and those who pursue you as a company that ran away. Offer them (or their heirs) a flat 1 lac discount on any existing Punto or Linea variant of their choice. And throw in a 3 year comprehensive service package (including all labour and consumables) free of cost.

That is how you earn back lost loyalty and legacy.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I am also the ONE who has booked the UNO and yet not received the refund,
    As i came to Kuwait and no follow up done from my side too......

When i went back after 2 years i saw the 800 5speed parked,

But now happy to have Punto with me AGAIN...
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The Linea remains awesome value, and as owner of both the older and the new Linea T-jet I can say that the newer one looks more mature and stately while the older one of course looks like the ageless Italian design classic that it is.

The failure of the new Linea, even the T-jet which offers free value to the tune of 4-5 lakhs, tells me that most C2 sedan buyers, unlike with the Punto or Avventura, assign absolute priority to the acceptance by others of their status-claims of being upper-middle class, of having 'arrived'. And want a perceived guarantee of great ASS service since the latter is seen to be part of the pleasure of now being a 'big' person in society who is entitled to 'service' (like in a high-end restaurant) from others.

I too get the sense Fiat India is discounting the new Linea's further prospects, i'd be interested to see if they have the marketing budget to bother promoting it much at all. Also, to see if they try to revivify its sales if and when the 1.5/1.6 mjd arrives next year.

Methinks the Evo and the Avventura (and also the Abarth Punto?) are both great and interesting ;-) enough to see Fiat India through to the big launches in 2016 that Autocar and Hormardz reported (CUV, all-new Linea called 'Grand Sienna' etc). Marketing resources are, I have to admit, much better spent on them than on the Linea. That is the sense one gets from Nagesh's interview too.

No hint or murmur even of the Viaggio with the 1.6 mjd, either. Not happening?!
  4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    I am sorry but that is not the right picture, the real culprits are not Fiat, yes Fiat could invest some money and give these customers like how Amogh pointed, but the real culprits are Premier. In our country any foreign manufacturer needs to enter it must be collaborated with an Domestic company for x number of years, Honda,Maruti,Toyota,Honda all of these got better partners who not only bought success to themselves but established these brands so good, Fiat was rather unlucky.

I only wish Fiat MD acknowledges these customers personally and do something to these customers, things can change in the mind sets of people.

My Father was to be a Uno customer but thanks to a Owner of a closed Fiat Dealer we didn't face this day.
  5. amogh

Grande Punto 1.3
    Agreed! But then don't claim legacy only when it suits you. Take the entire responsibility.

And from a customer perspective they were buying a FIAT Uno and not a Premier Uno.

multijetter, Ravi, nbvcrao and 3 others like this.
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    1.6 will not be mass market and don't expect too much high sales for this. This will be share with Jeep Renegade ( Fiat badge CSUV & D segment sedan and will be most probably imported).

Frankly tell me what you will tell one customer when they will ask what to buy Punto Evo or Avventura. Just got the message Avventura will be priced between Evo & Linea.

For Avventura Active/Dynamic or Punto Evo Emotion/90 HP Evo what you suggest, I was confused to tell any answer to this question.

As the legacy part Fiat claimed and they are very confident to hear any from customer, then Return the all booked amount to all customer who booked Uno ( Like Tony here). Ensure to help all customer who are facing issue due to non-availability of service or parts, at least provide access to some service center ( which area FIAT had TATA-FIAT dealer and sold Car, Like Assam).

If Fiat is able to do this then this will be the proper Legacy and customer oriented value adding approach.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Anybody else thinks the interview was lame. He was harping the same points global, iconic brand, service bla bla. He was non-committal about new products eg. Jeep, power train which will make new customers sit up and notice. I somehow feel Enrico was far more aggressive and dynamic than Nagesh.
    nbvcrao, zenwalker and amogh like this.
  8. amogh

Grande Punto 1.3
    Could not agree more with you! And maybe that was the reason he is not on the scene anymore? I won't be surprised if Nagesh is saying what he has been "asked to say" rather than what he "wants to say".
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Yes, even his talk on Evo launch was quite "not interesting" :(

How many UNO customers approximately were not delivered cars, anyone?
    Should there not be class action suit or something similar for such crime. :wtf:

Going by some recent threads and posts, maybe many more customers could be filing cases against Fiat I feel now; than those who report or share on TFI. :sour:
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

But guys, one point worth noting in his speech/interview is that, FIAT had to start from ground zero after departing from TATA. This whole re-formation/re-start is not easy as said. In just 1-1.5 years they are having 100+ FASS around the country and 3-4 products is OK/good effort though not Best/Great/Wow efforts.
    On the contrary, even the market for last 6 months and more was quite bad, which all the manufacturers got effected. Isnt it?

May be we are expecting too much? May be we are comparing FIAT to perform as others like Honda/MS/etc. do?

Yes there was no promising words on those brands and Power trains, but at the same time he said he cant talk on the timeline about them as its too early to do so because of many reasons, again the market may not be to eager about them?
    Basically FIAT cant take any aggressive steps on any of the said points as any mistakes, they can not afford the loss (financially, brand image, etc.) which are behind the scenes. Hence i guess they are taking a safe, wise approach than aggressive like others.

Hope my understanding is right.
    Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.