1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat check-up camps - 17-19th Dec 2015

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by senthilraj, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Balaji Autoworld, Thane saw around 50 Fiat cars for the Monsoon checkup camp. But the entire check up didnt last for more than 45 min to 1 hr. I guess only basics were checked. Unfortunatley there wasnt any special dedicated bay for the camp checks. This caused a bit of parking issue at the workshop. Couldnt interact with any fiat owner to know the status.
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

went to hyson morors cochin for the Monsoon checkup camp and the SA informed me that it has been advised by Fiat that our service range should be 10,000 kms not 15,000 km's especially in south india(kerala, tamil nadu, AP and Karnataka) as the engine oil gets sucked up in 10000 kms due to hot climate conditions and we need to change our timing belt, since my punto is nearly 40000 kms should i get the service done at 40k or wait till 45k since no issues were reported in monsoon check up camp.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Visited Ankita Motors, Hyderabad, for Monsoon Checkup camp. Had a great experience. All reported issues were resloved. Got the Engine oil, Oil filter and Air filter changed. ODO was standing at 9333 kms.

The setup of the workshop is the best among all the Fiat SCs in Hyderabad. Everyone, right from the security guard to the CRM were courtious. Would definitely recommend fellow Hyderabadis to pay a visit for any service related issues.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Though 10K is preferable to change the oil, but did Hyson show you the circular?
    Timing belt is recommended to be changed at 60K, for 90 HP, but again due to few failure cases in 76HP as well, better to get it changed soon after 60K. No need to change at 40-45K kms.
  5. bibin

bibin Regolare

No they didn't show up the circular , SA only suggested that it has been advised by fiat in south India to keep the service interval at 10000 km's due to harsh weather and it is not mandatory but only a advise. If that's the case then i believe fiat will soon change the service interval to 10000 km's for south Indian markets.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    I also went to Hyson, Cochin for Monsoon check up. There were no issues with the car. They recommended coating the exhaust, as they say it is starting to rust. (Exhaust coating costs 1800/-). Car is now about 1.5 years old. They did not show me the rusting. Can this be done outside?

Asked for the replacement for wipers (Costed 1258 with tax. 610/- for 1 wiper. 10% discount, fixing was free).
    They took their sweet time to finish, otherwise fine. I got a box of tissues free (well, when asked !)
  7. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Went to KVR Fiat Calicut for monsoon check up camp. It took almost 2 hrs to complete check up, after that they told me that break pads need to be replaced with in 1k-1.5k KMs. No problems found other than this. But washing is not done.

- - - Merged Post - - -

It seems like Hyson want to make more money from the customers!!! I dont know any official confirmation about 10k service intervals for South indian Fiats!!!
  8. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

There was no such condition as per the Fiat Customer care. one can call the toll free number and inquire. and neither did the FASC ppl say anything as such. They are surely trying to make money.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  9. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Whenever I visit the ASC, I'm told "brake pads fully worn out saar". Sometimes I'm also told that the rotors need replacement. I always ignore these comments , and rely on my visual inspection of the pads.

Take a look at the pads yourself, or ask any roadside mechanic on their condition - they'll provide a more honest feedback than the ASC.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Linea 1.3
    At Indore, MP, the FIAT workshop is managed by dealer Sanghi Bothers. I did not receive any message from them, except what is indicated on TFI. It is sure a let down. Just had done servicing on completion of 2 year at the end of May. New of good service at other places is encouraging.