1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat check-up camps - 17-19th Dec 2015

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by senthilraj, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thats even more dangerous. Tomorrow if the brake pads fail while running they will put the blame on the customer saying that they had warned about it:eek:. Ask the workshop to give in writing about the brake pad efficiency or else bring the matter to Fiat's attention.
    1 person likes this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Taking U turn from their statement is totally wrong thing.

However regarding your break pads it wont be a product issue but the life of break pads depends on the usage of the car.

If car is used totally in city then yes you need to use bit earlier compared to car usage on highways.

BTW I changed my Punto's breakpads @ 30,000 kms.

Check this thread for more information.
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    How can they say good and bad both, as ghodlur said, record the statement.
    I have changed mine at 10K when bought at 50-50 cost.

You can very well inspect the brake pads, check the thickness.
    Change if it needs to be. Never compromise on safety.
    2 people like this.
  4. arunabhis

arunabhis Timido

Mumbai
    After the episode i emailed the same to the fiat email id and told them about this and voila today i got a call from them that this would be covered under warranty

Feel like finally FIAT is puling up its socks and listening!!!
    1 person likes this.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Poor FIAT keeps covering requests like this every now and then in warranty just because they want to win confidence of customers and stop them from ranting. But, frankly the brake pads are clearly not covered under warranty, the wear is directly proportional to the driving style of the person.

For some it wears out within 15k and for some it goes good for 30K kms, so it's purely a driver thing. I agree, the Brake pads wear out slightly faster on the FIAT's when compared to other cars but then no other car in the segment offers the excellent braking that FIAT's do. The factors are mutually exclusive, there is no problem with the product.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    6 people like this.
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Perfectly said.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think brake pads are one thing that the service centre guys love to replace. In case of arunabhis, I feel that the service centre wanted to make some bucks by recommending the change of brake pads but seeing the odo they realized their mistake.

The life of brake pads depend upon a lot of factors, the two main being the braking habits of the driver and the frequency of braking (highways=lesser braking as compared to city driving per Km).

My Punto's brake pads were changed at 28k by TATA ASC during service citing a life of 2k max and hence the recommendation to change. Yesterday I saw those old brake pads lying at home, and they have some 4-5mm thickness of pads. Showed them to a mechanic and he swore that these pads would have lasted another 15,000km easily especially on the highways.

Current set of brake pads now need replacement.

- - - Merged Post - - -

You can see how my brake pads were at the time of replacement by Banarsi Dass Autos, Panchkula, A TATA FIAT authorized service centre back in May 2012. A mechanic swears that these brake pads would have lasted another 15k km. 28k + 15k = 43k.

The pic was clicked today after these brake pads were found lying idle in a semi open area for almost 1 year and 9 months.

Brake pads.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    2 people like this.
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Had been to KHT Fiat, Bangalore for the camp. The process was smooth and quick. Got good chance to meet Praan, Sunil, Shree and another TFIan (sorry forgot your name).

Got the recommendation to replace the FLHS lower control arm, as there is a bend due to some external damage. But, I don't have any steering pull or bad handling. Still, will make use of the 10% discount and get it replaced after another verification.
  9. arunabhis

arunabhis Timido

Mumbai
    Hi brakepads dont wear out in 14 k kms, this is not the first fiat that we own in the family , and Fiat has not done any favours here . My agenda was if the brake pads are worn out, it is . Why is the service centre negating the fact after i have asked to replace it in warranty
    As in regards to my case, the brakepads and the discs were both worn out . The discs were off to about 8 mm . This cannot happen by mere driving .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  10. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello All,

A Good news for Navi Mumbai FIAT Owners,
    I just received a call from Balaji FIAT, Turbhe regarding a free checkup camp for our vehicles on 14-15 Feb 2014, ( A Valentine gift from FIAT i may say ;)) which includes a free thorough inspection of our vehicles and a free Body wash. And a 14% Discount on the labor, if we undergo any work.

If we wish to take our beauty for checkup then we have to book the slot (its not walking type), any member willing to do so please contact on 07208511546.
    1 person likes this.