1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT CEO tells VW Boss to Back-Off!!

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by Ichimaru, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    After repeatedly voicing his interest in purchasing the Alfa Romeo brand from its Fiat parent company, Volkswagen Chairman Ferdinand Piech today received a decisive answer. It’s just not the answer he was looking for.

“As long as I am CEO of Chrysler and Fiat, Mr. Piech will never have Alfa Romeo. It’s hands-off,” said Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne, speaking at a J.D. Power conference.

And rather than leave it at that, Marchionne rebuked his rival, insisting that he would be better off to fix his own internal problems first. In particular, Marchionne referred to Seat (Volkswagen’s Spanish subsidiary), which has struggled to find buyers for its brand of rebadged Volkswagens in recent years.

After having neglected the Alfa Romeo brand, Fiat is looking to reinvest and will introduce a new sports car concept at the Geneva Auto Show this year, along with other new models, including a crossover based on the Jeep Compass.

Source:- http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011 ... blems.html

Seriously, WELL DONE!! :clapping
  2. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Ferdinand karl piech should stick to his family started business of VW.
    This interest of his in Alfa shows why he was NOT chosen to succeed Porsche. :clap
    I love Porsche, but with alfa romeo it will be like oil and water.

And a perfect answer from FIAT!

No one would be happy to see a German sticking his nose in an Italian pedigree.
    Look at what BMW has done with the Mini..! :A
  3. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    I cant imagine FIAT without Alfa and vice versa!
  4. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Just perfect answer to VW. Great going.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even the Audi ad says that Alfa has the best design. ::T

Video posted on Facebook by FIAT fan Ichimaru a few minutes back.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  6. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    :D
    Then I'll post my comment on it as well..

Alfa's and Maserati's are the Beautifulests
    Lancia's and Abarth's are the Craziests
    Ferrari's are the Sexiests
    and
    FIAT's are the Bestests.
    :D
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I would rather say
    F=Ferrari
    I=India Loves
    A=Alfa Romea next Car??????
    T=Tony's dream
  8. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Yee Tony,
    It is high time for FIAT to bring the best in their stable.
    When Jaguar, Audi, VW, BMW, Mercedez, porche are coming with their best models , FIAT should also launch Ferrari, Alfa Romeo and show their strength.
    Even they don't want to bring under FIAT name Its fine. Their brand stores can advt about these brands are under FIAT group so general public will know and understand the range and depth of FIAT.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have heard that Ferrari is entering Indian Market, but under different Agency, Think They should mention FIAT name also with Ferrari in the showroom, so that the Big shots when they visit the Ferrari Showroom they might get a clear picture of FIAT, :dancing
    Its the right time for the FIAT to showcase their Brand Image.: Alfa Romeo, Lancia in their New showroom.