1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Caffe Delhi Opening & Launch of FACELIFTED PUNTO, LINEA , TJET

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ansal11, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    im keen to know abt the pedal positions...are they still cramped on not?
  2. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    i do wish they do something about it but I have doubts. I have big feet(size 14) and it took me some time to get adjusted..to the cramped space..They should space up the pedals and also "push" them a little bit inside..so that when a tall guy is in the drivers seat..there is some space in the seat behind him...the car has enough space but the kneeroom at the rear appears cramped when a tall driver sits...simply because of this reason ...
  3. muni

muni

Bangalore
    2nd gear ratio change and clutch pedal travel are the changes that would have been most appreciated. Am curious whether our cars GC could be raised too. Hope someone can throw some light.
  4. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    i feels so irritated with ma smal feet,so i cud undrstnd ur situation.
    whenever i drive am friendz linea,ma feet keep rubbing against the footrest,its a real irritation.I really wished to see a better pedal position in the upgraded version,as ma father has finally approved my request for 90hp this january,most probably:dancing
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  5. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    So now in the name of face-lift they go and mess up the one thing that Fiat Linea and Punto was most admired for...HANDLING...

What can I say. Guys at the helm in Fiat either under do stuff or over do them. Some one needs to explain to them the meaning of the word...OPTIMAL. There was simply no need to jack up the GC to 185mm on the Linea and trade-off on their biggest strength. 170mm of the T-Jet+ was sufficient. They apparently softened the ride too. GOSHHH..

Now certainly the interior fit and finish had to be worked upon and that's a welcome rectification. Adding some nick knacks are also okay, but c'mmon Fiat, why do you ignore things that are necessary and put in things that are not.

I feel, a bumper integrated reverse parking sensor and camera with OEM rear view screen integrated in a auto dimming day and night mirror would have been far more worth while than an automatic headlight and rain sensing wipers. That's a segment first too and a really useful one at that. If they wanted to really standout in terms of other segment firsts, they could have introduced defoggers in the wing mirrors. Most parts of our country experience heavy rains and we all know the pain of driving through bumper-to-bumper traffic with the wing mirrors hazed out. These would have been really appreciable additions. Another essential provision would have been a 1 liter bottle holder inside the cabin. But none of those made the cut.

I sometimes wonder if the guys who run Fiat India do really use their own products or for that matter if they drive at all...
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    i dont agree with the clutch pedal travel reduction part. i feel its an advantage in a way that we have more room for accelerator clutch manipulation. it certainly helps in accelerating differently wherever required
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    U jumped to these conclusions even prior to the upgrade.
  8. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    My comments are merely a reaction to the autocar article quoted and attached earlier. Now, if they can report before the actual launch, i can react to that report as well, cant I?
    1 person likes this.
  9. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

About the handling part let the reviews come up then we will see.Linea is already loaded up to the max for the segment..still they are throwing in few more features,do you want FIAT to put a touch screen navigation system with rear cam parking assist integrated.. :A common....

R,
    Vishnu
  10. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Please read through the autocar article, attached in the thread, carefully and you will find a comment about the deteriorated handling of the face-lifted linea as compared to the earlier editions. My comments stems from that.

And I never proposed incorporating a touch screen GPS navigation system. If you want to appreciate what I'm talking about, lookup Gentex auto dimming mirror modules. Find the model with a built in rear view screen. Fiat does not need to :A to offer this. The Fluidic Verna already offers something like that in their top end trim. So what I'm asking for is pretty much feasible and available in this segment of vehicles.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.