1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Caffe Delhi Opening & Launch of FACELIFTED PUNTO, LINEA , TJET

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ansal11, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Will an increase of 2cm be that huge? I don't think so.

R,
    Vishnu
    1 person likes this.
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    The only thing I would Advise currently is to wait till the 3rd Jan when the actual "upgrades" or "facelifts" are announced. Based on that we can have a slight idea what can be instore for march upgrades for the "sports" category (thats what fiat is calling it)

Anyways, if you dont end up liking the Jan updates, then you will still have discounts on the older models as the dealers will be looking to clear their stocks. If you ended up liking the upgrades you can go for a JAN model. If none of these two things happen, then sadly you will have to take a call for waiting till march or not. In that case, I would suggest not to wait as even if there is a major upgrade, then the prices will defo go up. If your budget permits, then you can wait, else there is only one way to go !!!!!
  3. makes sense what you say bro, I have booked it, anyways asked for delivery after Jan 15th since ppl say it aint a good time till Jan 15th. So I will go Jan 1st week to the showroom and see what they have.

Waiting till March don't make much sense to me since 8lakhs is my stretched budget, after that I have to pay definately more, and more than 8lakhs on a hatch doesnt' really make any sense to me. I'd rather go for optra magnum or Rapid. Plus ma would be father in law probably might end up buying a Safari (my dream mafia car :rage) or XUV soon which I will be driving 40% of the time so need of a bigger car is taken care off.ly a

With current 8.34 on road price of 90hp the facelift will cost 50k more for sure so let me forget bout it.

BTW guys, seriously all of you, what's with the interiors thing. 3 of my cousins and one of my good friends got GPs, no complaints, the other day i go to test swift zdi, just happen to sit inside SX4, I swear I got outta da car within a second, the interiors felt so yuckkk, I felt swift interiors were a lot better. Linea is way ahead. All I hate about the punto is no bottle holder on the door, speakers are shit, partial grey color interiors, all black in active or dynamic is better and man that black grill looks hot.... (anybody for exchange with a silver one????? ;))

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

@ansal and other guys who want to book current models, i don't belive you can avail discounts or for that matter get the current models itsef, they are almost outta stock with one or 2 pieces left, I even went to the stock yard of 2 showrooms, only 2 pieces of 90hp where there, petrols are there in say 10 to 15 numbers, if anybody wants the Tjet please go for it - limited stock plus 1.6l discounts in bangalore, onroad of Tjet plus is 9.8 after discounts; wow superb deal.
  4. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Guys just clearing all myths regarding the updates from this months Autocar page 101. It was a 1 page article with pics. So putting the main points

1. No change in the exterior.
    2. All linea models gets 16inch tjet alloys
    3. All linea models get auto headlights and auto wipers(1st in segment)
    4. Both linea and punto get an improved AC.
    5. 185mm of GC( in linea)
    6. Revision in the tuning of the 92bhp diesel engine(whether only in linea or both in punto and linea its not clear)
    7. Interior quality has been hugely improved(from the pics no change in the layout though)
    8. Gearbox and accelerator have still to be worked upon to extract any performance(diesel)
    9. On its raised suspension Linea is still a joy to ride. Handling is not that sharp as when it was launched but the softer character suits the suspension well.
    10. For punto nice fit and finish in the interiors with raised GC and imrpoved AC.
    11: Punto drives beautifully feeling very solid and one-piece, with exceptional ride quality and very good agility.
    12 . Base verision of Punto gets the Lineas "slick-looking" audio system and central locking.
    13.The 1.2 liter petrol engine still feels lethargic because they are still stuck at using the 8valve; they should be using the 16valve.
    14. 1.3 diesel is good enough to get the job done.
    15. Its mentioned that Punto GC also increased but how much is not mentioned.
    16. Not clear if Punto gets biege interiors.
    17. Punto is still one of the most attractive hatches.(so the raised GC has definitely not marred the looks)
    18. Price range Linea : 6.51-8.79(ex showroom delhi)
    19. Punto 4.31-6.84(ex showroom delhi)
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
    3 people like this.
  5. @Vivek

Which month Autocar are you talking about ? You've written this month thats December but I couldn't find anything in this months issue.
  6. maverick

maverick Amatore

Can you please scan that page and upload it here.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    It would be the January 2012 autocar edition. Autocar edition of the next month is normaly available by 25th of the previous month

I am rushing to grab my copy now
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Autocar January, its out !!!!!
  9. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida

here it is...a little bit unclear though...no scanner..shot from my cam..

image1.jpg

image2.jpg
    4 people like this.
  10. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    sorry its jan 2012....:p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.