1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Caffe Delhi Opening & Launch of FACELIFTED PUNTO, LINEA , TJET

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ansal11, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    +1. If this is true, excellent news.
    But if T-jet comes in Punto then I'm in
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    If they havent doen anything noteworthy, I guess you have thrown away your 10lacs something into drain or into "nothing". Because its thier "nothing" work that you have bought which also has another name called Linea TJET Plus !!!!!
    2 people like this.
  3. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    The Linea TJet+ is a result of some splendid engineering endeavor by Fiat's design center in Bursa, Turkey. The 10 lakhs (I paid much less though) that I paid was precisely for a product of that engineering and design effort and on which I have NO complains about. However, keeping the product aside, everything else that constitutes the ownership experience of an automobile is supposed to have been delivered under the able leadership of those higher operative authorities at Fiat India. Nothing in that side of the story is noteworthy though. On the contrary, it had significantly contributed to dissuading me from plonking close to a million rupees towards a truly worthy offering.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ^^^ cannot generalize, in pune the fiat team from TASS does a very good work and i enjoy each and every moment of my FIAT ownership. yes fiat owner is very demanding and not like aam janata using maruti keeping mum.

5. Dear xplorauto,

Let us put the facts right.

Acceleration come to into question in two of the instances one is standstill to 100 other is while overtaking.
    While I agree 0-100 numbers are not class leading but certainly not as bad as reported by some auto magazines if the they are far by just two seconds that might break or make cars as fastest or slowest.
    When i brought my Punto i disliked this for quite some time until i crossed my third service,after two oil changes acceleration has improved.I have recorded this in my ownership thread.
    Second instance is when you try to over take another vehicle and Punto/Linea is above 1800 RPM, it is very good if not the greatest.
    I never felt difficulty in overtaking in highways, this is practical application of the acceleration for me and FIAT hasn't done any bad job here.
    it is only when 1st and second gear is involved the acceleration is less but when I take my car to mountainous region i feel FIAT has done a better job because RPM's do catchup fast and turbo is awakened quickly when the high torque is needed to climb steep accents.

I did drive a Verna 1.6 to mangalore and back recently for total of 800Kms , car is good no doubt but it's not pleasant feeling drive it in ghat or mountainous section.First gear becomes too much and second gear doesn't pickup from where first left.so what flawed gear ratio's of FIAT Punto/Linea we are discussing about? all those good gear ratios aren't good in all conditions.
    I never felt safe with out stepping on the brake in the corners at all in Verna, so there is segment of people who like to have 0-100 timings as basis of buying car but there are people who like all round ability not just winning rat race.
  6. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Alright @Sat-Chit-ananda / @Italia-Linea / @ansal11, so whats the moot point and objective? You want me to acknowledge how brilliant a package the Punto's or the Linea's make? That I have already, in my earlier posts in other threads. Now how much does that impact the decision of the next 100 aspiring B and C segment auto buyers? ZILCH!! 90 of those 100 would still go by the opinion in the reviews from those auto mags discarding yours and mine as those from Fiat fan boys. And how does that benefit Fiat? Not in a single fathomable way...

If one were to conduct a poll on whether the Linea (exclude T-Jet) feels under powered, on a neutral forum like TBHP, the result is any body's guess. It is possible that many of the participants in that poll are merely parroting what they have read in an auto mag review or seen on a tv show. The fact, we like it or not, remains that these auto mags are here to stay, and so are the television auto shows. The fact also remains that 90% buyers are going to be induced and influenced by THOSE opinion and not ours for their next buy.

Now if Fiat India desires to tap into that 90% audience which has been eluding them for well over a decade, they have to shed this sense of lingering in self pity, feeling victimized by the whole world around as if everybody else is conspiring against them. We are no less to be blamed either. We have quickly discounted Autocar's report as biased against Fiat not realizing that the very same magazine's review used to used by Fiat themselves as a sales collateral some months back, of which I still have a copy.

First, Fiat India needs to deliver products that do not seem like a compromise in commonly understood parlance. For instance, an average buyer should not need a detailed elicitation from enthusiasts like@Sat-Chit-ananda explaining why the Fiat's being under powered is an acceptable compromise. Instead, just make the damn car zippy. It's not that Fiat does not have the know how to do that. If that were to happen a large section of the media will certainly fall in line. For those that don't, they either wouldn't matter or have to be converted at any cost. But whatever said and done, any auto maker needs the endorsement of the media to succeed and should do what ever it takes to have it.
    1 person likes this.
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I agree with what xplorauto has to say about role of auto mags in decision making process of large amount of car buyers. There is no doubt Fiat is reluctant to use (bribe) auto mags or media in general to say good things about them.

Whenever a new car is launched, bone throwing by manufacturer sets the tone for how the product is going to be perceived in the market. An example here is Vento, which was launched with much fanfare and the manufacturer+ad campaign successfully diverted attention from the fact that seating five in Vento is a TASK. If VW had done no bone throwing, or let's say, if Vento was a Fiat product, it would've been killed by the bone hungry media as an unfit family sedan.

Now compare this with launch campaign of Fiat, and only thing that has stuck is "it feels underpowered", the play of words is beautiful: it "feels" underpowered. Who is going to define that feeling and in what context? Truth is it has stuck alongwith images of undone plastics from boot opener or fuel lid remote.

This is an image in public's mind and Fiat has to wash it off cleanly if they want to continue to be of relevance in Indian market. I am not advocating bone throwing. Instead, Fiat must undertake information campaigns on large scale. User reviews on Fiat Caffe site is case in point. If users upload their experiences in owning Fiat cars, Fiat must use them for brand building.
  8. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    I dont think the statement that Linea or Punto 90 Bhp is underpowered is correct. The first 2 gears are short compare to all others,but quick gear shifting can solve that problem if we need quick acceleration. I have did overtaking many times swifts&Innovas while starting from the signal point. I think regular users who have driven more kilometers can say better about that. Some of the magazine reviews says Punto 90 Bhp is not as powered as 76 bhp!! I think this type of reviews, with out proper analysis is not going to benefit anyone.
    But one think I would like to say is that many people may not like Fiat cars in their first TD, but if u are adjusted with that vehicle it will be like 'A R Rahman's music!!!!' a slow poison which makes addiction towards the vehicle and the Brand Fiat.
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :lol :lol

sorry but just couldn't hold back, @Mods please delete the comment if found inappropriate/unasked, but seriously.....I mean SERIOUSLY!!!! :lol :lol
  10. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Have your laugh, but you seriously think any visitor to this forum would consider TFI to be brand neutral or not to be biased towards Fiat? :A Get real folks!!!
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.