1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Caffe Delhi Opening & Launch of FACELIFTED PUNTO, LINEA , TJET

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by ansal11, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    and if they call an elephant an ant, then u'll also do the same???
    automags even say tht fiats are underpowered, 90 hp is also not that great, your take on that???

Besides we who own fiats done just go by comments or articles, we share our personal experiences, and not some articles written on particular forums or automags.

firsthand experience put into words is helpful, but again on reading around articles and then concluding things is only as good as half knowledge which is worth we all know what.
    Wish for u to not take anything personally :):)

Thats y we are TEAM FIAT INDIA. :)
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
    4 people like this.
  2. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Well, I wouldn't do that (i.e. call an elephant an ant) but I'll not call it a mammoth either, 'coz then I'm veering towards being a fan-boy which ain't good for delivering a credible unbiased opinion. If an auto mag has called the Punto or the Linea under powered, they might have done so w.r.t its competition. To my mind, even if they might be accused of being a little harsh in saying so, they are not very far from the truth either. Yes, the Punto's and the Linea's do feel under powered. The only exception to that being the T-Jet. The Punto 90 hp, though is a lot better than its other siblings, still falls short of an explosive hatch that it can be. Probably the turbo-lag and odd gear ratio does let it down. I might have a whole bunch of folks jumping on me for saying this but after 6 test drives of the Linea MJD and Punto 90 hp, I could not get myself to put my money on either of them. Now setting that in the context of my daily commute of 80+ kms, I feel there is certainly some merit to the allegation of the Linea & Punto being short of steam. Yes the 90hp and the Linea MJD have a healthy cruising ability on the highways but the acceleration certainly feels labored.

Now, if instead the point being put forward is of me going by speculation of automags, then dear friend this entire thread and a few others are all about that. We are all speculating our guts out here and I feel there is better rational in trusting the report of an auto mag for authenticity than the hear say all of us are indulging in.
    1 person likes this.
  3. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Both face lifted Punto and Linea are going to be launched on 3rd Jan and then showcased at the Auto expo
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No body is gonna jump on u for anything, as long as its true.
    As for the automags and their reviews, I would rather wait a couple of days to come to a viewpoint, before challenging the higher operative authorities at fiat, afterall there is ab reason they are at fiat and we are not. :)
  5. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Clearly agree that Linea and punto are not the fastest in a 0-100 dash. But of course they are competent. About the competition, are you talking about the Vento and Verna? they are dearer by 1.5 lac considering top model prices, so comprises are required, FIAT settled for an all rounder. and Regarding the autocar review they mentioned a slight reduction in handling only and still it handles beautifully. If some one reads your post it seems the handling capability of Linea is all gone. :A

R,
    Vishnu
    1 person likes this.
  6. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    The debate was about Linea & Punto being unfairly criticized for being under powered by auto mags. It was not about whether the magazine articles considered it as a good all round package or not. If you read my other posts in the thread 'Linea or Vento' you would realize how vehemently I advocated the case for Linea as a brilliant package at the price

Autocar mag said, it 'RIDES' beautifully, not handles. A magic carpet ride necessarily does not deliver brilliant handling. They also went on to say that Fiat has opted for softer suspension settings on the newer models as against the earlier models.

May be many of us do not want to be there anyway. But leaving that aside, those higher operative authorities at Fiat have not done anything noteworthy either thus far to write home about, have they?
  7. The article in the Autocar shows 0-100 timing of 17.81 sec :eek: . Earlier Linea had about 15 sec.Is the news true ???
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I'll let the members answer this for u.
    Besides if they didn't do anything note worthy, u wouldn't be reading news about linea and punto in our automags.:)
  9. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Results speak for actions. Lets see if the current measures leads to a change of fortune for Fiat. Trust me, I'll be no less happy than any in this forum to eat my own words and accept those measures as note worthy.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Claritifion for Linea Petrol added

Guys, just read this on the other popular site. Following is the upgrade as per the scoop master

Linea active (1.4P/ 1.3D)= Current Linea dynamic plus CD player plus auto headlamps plus rain sensing wipers.
    Linea dynamic (1.4P/ 1.4T/ 1.3D)=current linea emotion pack minus alloy wheels plus auto headlamps plus rain sensing wipers.
    Linea emotion (1.4T/ 1.3D)=current linea T Jet plus appearance plus auto headlamps plus rain sensing wipers.

I am not sure what 1.4 T means? Is he implying that the petrol Linea Emotion would be the same as the Linea TJet+ i.e. will petrol Linea Emotion be only available with the TJet engine? If yes, then that is really great news. Hope this speculation is true!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.