1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. acechip

acechip Superiore

No one should ever buy a car based on another persons opinion and without a studied/informed choice. Every car is different in quite a few respects . Your friend will never be able to test drive a car for 5-6 hours to judge whether there will be back pain etc and fatigue is a composite of several factors, and not the seat itself.
    Fiat cars are amongst the most driver oriented in terms of overall feel, south of 15 lacs.
    Any other car with loose steering , while great in city, will be a PITA on long highway journeys, since you have to continuously adjust. A heavy, weighted steering at high speeds goes a long way in alleviating fatigue of such nature.
    SOOZ_P and asimpleson like this.
  2. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are correct there, one shouldn't make a decision on others opinions and will not know with test drives too. That's why i have raised a query here to know if anybody facing this problem due to seat position with Avvy? I have a punto and drove multiple times to kodai and goa in one stretch from Bangalore without any such issues. And my friend too travelled with me on few occasions. That's the reason he love fiats. But he has medical issues and really need to know if anybody facing this problem. Sorry if i have put the question wrongly but just wanted to know if any current owners of Avvy facing this issue?? Btw today i m going for another test drive with him.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @SOOZ_P, I mean no offense to your friend or his relatives. :) The issue raised by your friend is not naive, but his relative's assessment is debatable. And hardly a reason why he should dissuade someone from buying a good car. Unless Fiat has changed the seat design and cushioning way too much. The recline options too are still there I suppose, correct?

You do know better as a Fiat owner how (very subjective) opinions of this nature affect the sales of pretty good Fiat cars. You see that's why I already marked our member @Bala who is a doctor himself (not orthopaedic, yet a professional) for a more relevant answer to this question; should he care to comment about this.

Just so you know Fiat is just another firm which fits OEM seats from the famous TATA-JOHNSON seat manufacturer. I would like to think that these seats are manufactured taking into account most of these comfort and safety factors based on consumer and scientific research.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    SOOZ_P likes this.
  4. Achyut Sharma

Achyut Sharma Timido

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    It's been 3 weeks since I'm driving Fiat Avventura and I get back pain if I drive for 1-2 hours.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
  6. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Achyut Sharma : I am also driving the Avventura now for about a month. In the beginning, I had a little discomfort with the seating position. I then spent a little time finding the sweet spot and once I did, it is fine now. The lumbar support in the Avventura is a shade better than the Punto. Both cars have seats made to international standards. Especially since the under thigh support is less. But please spend some time in the car to find the exact position.

@SOOZ_P : If your friend has back pain which is persisting or spine related, then it is advisable that he have it checked. The pain will not be relieved by merely picking the right car. It should be a question of the shoe fitting the foot and not the other way around. Besides, let's be honest. Once we like a car, we will find every excuse to buy it and vice versa. The back pain needs to be diagnosed first and then addressed through physiotherapy or as @asimpleson has correctly suggested, through asanas under supervision. Besides, the pain may not even be originating at the lumbar portion of the spine. Prolonged periods of driving with weak back muscles can bring about a myriad of complications, no matter how good the seats are. It is basically about strengthening the back muscles, especially in our sedentary work places and lifestyles these days.
  7. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you for your response guys.
    So there is something the new buyer need to adjust it for right position. Anyway this should be applicable for all cars. Not sure why users specific to it. Well good to know. Today's test drive went well and i drove for good 30 mins but didn't feel anything as such. My friend too didn't feel anything(he doesn't know driving but i made him to drive for short strech) but we agreed to have test drive ecosport to compare one final time and finalise.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

Ecosport vs Avventura:
    +ves
    Slightly better cabin space
    Slightly higher road visibility (if it at all matters)
    slightly bigger fuel tank (52 vs 45 lt)
    slightly more useful luggage space (346 vs 280 lt- although Avventura has the usable roof rails)
    Top-end (Titanium Option) has more airbags , Ecosport AT has ESC+ additional airbags

-ves
    much Bumpier ride- your friend will get even more pain in this one.
    not-so-great Steering-affecting handling somewhat
    slightly lesser external & internal build quality compared to Avventura
    large A-pillars, causing visual obstruction.

In the end, both cars are crossovers only by virtue of their raised GC. Neither car is meant to do anything more than clamber over a dry grassy patch or go over large speedbreakers/potholes. Neither car can be used for wet mud/slush/rock/stream crossing.
    prabhjot, pdash and SOOZ_P like this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I really don't know about Ecosport's suspension, but looks like Avventura could take some serious beating (within given constraints). Not to suggest that its made with that intent primarily. But it could fare better I guess should one choose to do moderate off-roading.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @Achyut Sharma,

i believe a cushion should help you in finding the sitting comfort.