1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Saw an Exotica red Avventura in Pune Yday! What a beauty! I was literally following the car to see a glimpse... And stopped sideby to see it again! Fiat has done a great Job! None of the cars in this segment has such a great road presence. Am seeing a lot of Avventuras n Evos on road now! Fiat keep up the good work
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I am also seeing a few Avventura's in Indirapuram. Also, saw a few of them on NH-1 on my way to Punjab. However, sales numbers aren't strong. Hope they build up.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  3. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    It is a genuine pity that other biggies have just taken apart the Avventura, component for component, replicated them poorly and done a half baked xerox only to see sales happening while the one model which was built ground-up to serve the segment, failed.

It just goes to show how timing and strategy is so much more important than the product itself. One may argue that a great product will sell by itself after some time. But in today's fast moving brand obsolescence, people just don't have time to sit and analyze the best features. Nor do they want to.

Having the wheels carbon copied is just downright plagiarism. But no one will care. One needs to experience the control of the Avventura at high speed turns to know what Fiat has done. Its like a leech compared to the other Cross boats. Fiat again got it right and still ate dust.
    Raj_pol, prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Well said @Vidhyashankar Kannan. The same plagiarism shows even in the way these reviews and shows go on about their analysis on specific things like steering-understeering, GC, plastic quality, cladding and what not and fail to highlight how these companies esp. Hyundai, just try to push some variant after another just to stay in competition even if it means offering next to zero value in the real sense of automotive tech. for the buyer. Take them points above, mix a few words with some unique grammar and et voila a new review. :meh:

They even copied the top gear studio style with people standing in the backdrop. Like it or not, atleast you got to give those Top Gear guys full marks for originality and passion even if a bit overboard for one's liking with their analysis of things.
  5. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Saw 3 avvys in the last 2 days in Pune. A silver ( breaking a traffic signal at Shivajinagar) , an orange and a white near Aundh today. Looks very good in all colors.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

I fail to understand how Fiat can simply sit and watch while Hyundai steals their Avventura "Fun/Active" lifestyle message from under their nose, and create an advertisement. And what do we get from Fiat ? A blink you will miss it "Alive" advt.
  7. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys need a clarification on avvy. One of my friend almost finalising avvy dynamic mjt. Somebody from his relatives own an avvy and told him that it is not good for long drives as it gives lots of back pain. Sitting position is not good specially the height adjustment. Is it true? Also he claims the rear seat is having same issue. Back pain with long drives. My friend had an accident so having some issue and he now seriously thinking on this. Please let me know if this is true ?? Never heard this issue from any Avvy owner.
  8. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Not sure about avventura. I used to drive continuously for 5 to 6 hrs without break, i never faced such kind of problem. I have gone to my native couple of times which is 900+ kms with small breaks.. I hope the seating position would be the same in avventura except the height viewing angle.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @SOOZ_P, backaches can be counteracted by using lumbar support or doing a specific Ardha Bhujangasana yoga in moderation..:joyful:. That is only after showing it to a doctor first; @Bala please comment. Not buying an Avventura seems no excuse for preventing back ache. :rolleyes:
    Speaking of opinions 'it's all relative' :p Relative's opinion is 'relative' :yawn::eggface:
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  10. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @asimpleson, when somebody going for his first car then he has to look into things that genuinely suites. There is nothing like he has rejected avvy but if some owner says there is an issue, naturally questions arise. So bit more relevant response would make sense.