1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Pr@bhunav

Pr@bhunav Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I have seen Mr Faisal khan's reviews in motor beam. Most of them conclude with placing fiat at 2nd place with the comment- "fiat should have come with more powerful engines". (Though he upholds all the positives of the vehicle rightly). I agree that its better if Fiat introduces more powerful engines.. But the question is when u are comparing with existing engines and performances in the same segment, is this a valid and acceptable fact?
    I ask all those who thinks fiat diesel vehicles are not very powerful n turbo lag is a big issue..., "which vehicle in this segment in India has got an engine which has SIGNIFICANTLY more power/engine response n races like a horse, in comparison with 1.3MJD, so that fiats are blamed badly..???". IMHO there may be tuning differences in engines n slight differences in engine response which is very evident but not to an extent that those other vehicles sprint like a deer n Fiat vehicles walk like an elephant!!!
    IMHO swift diesel also has turbo lag..but after the lag zone, it gives a sudden rush which may be mostly considered as super surge of power by many(though it ll not be persistent for a long time ).

And i20 diesel ..I don't think any special / significant power delivery factor or engine response is felt, when compared to 1.3 MJD.

But..the difference experienced w.r.t heavy build , driving dynamics, brakes are very much significant in FIAT as compared to others..

But still... Fiat vehicles cannot top any review..with the reason " Fiat need more powerful engines" :arghh:
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 19, 2015 ---
    I say, if u want to place fiat at 2nd place..then give valid reason s at least..like IMHO - poor dealer network, sometimes Fit n Finish , poor ASS etc
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    mangeshtendulkar and Raj_pol like this.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

Not surprised about the review. The Autoportal review of the Linea 2014 is also a very good one.
    Jagan Mohan Reddy likes this.
  3. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Have been out of touch with forum for very long due to work commitments so not sure if this has already been discussed. Few days back, Fiat has started collecting owner's feedback on their product through a third party marketing agency. A person visited me and collected a detailed feedback on each and every aspect of vehicle. If only Fiat decides to work on the shortcomings reported :banghead:
    amitshedha and prabhjot like this.
  4. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Did you mention that it needed a gearbox like swift and some high FE
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  5. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    you bet!!
    adisrini1103 likes this.
  6. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Nice to know that they are taking feedback. But looking at the in-your-face advertisements of the i20 Active everywhere, it looks like a rhino vs goat match. I see Hyundai pushing the i20 so hard. Heck, I just turned on the TV to look at the news and I stumbled upon Overdrive's review saying "There's nearly no body roll inspite of the increased GC. The i20 Active is the best in its segment" Those guys know how to sell. Showing slow motion videos of the high GC going over stones, etc etc.

OTOH, we went for a 70 km drive yesterday. The Avventura is truly a superb car. Zero body roll, tightly hugging corners and what confidence! At most turns, almost all other cars slowed down but we kept turning at speeds of 70+. Just amazing.
    prabhjot, Raj_pol and Rahul Singh like this.
  7. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    The most common complaints raised in survey were:
    1- More engine power needed
    2- Lack of storage space
    3- Poor gear shift
    4- Insufficient AC

These were raised by most of the people surveyed. Hopefully Fiat listens to them and takes corrective action. And BTW, they also took a feedback on service, issues raised, issues fixed and pending issues if any.Looks like Fiat is trying to get it's act together. If only by the time they do so it's not to late. But again, looking at the sales numbers, Fiat has nothing to lose in terms of vehicle sales.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

While the insufficient AC is a new one, the other 3 are known issues/observations/wishes of customers for a long time.
    Why the Avventura cannot be launched with the T-Jet to begin with is beyond me.
    Why did they engineer a complex boot opening mechanism vs concentrating on improving luggage capacity due to liberated boot space is another. Also, we Indians are a thirsty lot. We need those bottle holders, period.
    Pr@bhunav likes this.
  9. Pr@bhunav

Pr@bhunav Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Agree with your view on space related concerns. I Haven't had any AC related concerns so far ,even during long summer trips recently.
    Also, I don't think the gear shift issue is applicable for Avventura. If they have fixed it for Avventura, they can implement it for upcoming vehicles also.
    And finally who don't want more power , if offered with resonable compromise on price and Fuel Efficiency :)
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Vidhyashankar Kannan

The i20 Active's very existence, though not its sales, is a tribute to the buzz-to-little-sales-effect created by Fiat for the Avventura, via the Auto Expo, youtube, facebook, the car reviews and the still-carrying on advertisements. Hyundai moved fast to create an India-special affordable 'cross'over in a segment where they were lacking, as Honda and Maruti continue to be. i.e., emulating Fiat's strategy with the Avventura, India-specific.

Hyundai sells because they sell, not because they have any genius for marketing or branding etc, though they do know how to product-spec-out their cars for an 'immature' 'aspirational-emerging market middle class'. As for Overdrive and its ilk: one can only shrug at the obviously sold-out nature of this Ambani-owned channel, not that it's the only one. You will recall how the Autocar lady performed a hit-job on the Avventura in a comparo vis-a-vis the Ecosport, at the same time that its print edition was very praiseful in its version of the same comaparo.

Fiat if it was in the bidding, clearly did not bid high enough, for the good favourable word from these...er...'journalists'. "Bad!, Fiat. What were you thinking? STILL not familiar with how India works?!", we could say.

As far as I am concerned the i20 is merely overpriced and overrated but the i20 Active is actually a funny-cheesy-kitsch car. The Avventura and the Duster remain the only full, all-round, proper cross(overs), form+substance.

Of course the Avventura is and was doomed sales-numbers-wise, in any case. While the stars are always aligned for Hyundai, the no2 dominant brand in India. That just is the historical 'path-dependency' of the two brands, by-now.