1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. acechip

acechip Superiore

@asimpleson , I would nt mind paying 13-14 lacs for an Avventura with the dimensions 4.3x1.8x1.7 (LWH) gc of 205mm, with a 1.5 litre 120 bhp engine, with ESP , ABS-EBD and all-round airbags. The rest (BT,SatNav) is nicknacks.
    asimpleson and dadasaheb like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I would think of buying a Jetta 2.0 TDI at that budget anytime, instead of a Duster compact SUV. But that's my personal preference; you would choose otherwise what suits you better. I think if you feel Duster deserves that price they ask for it, its a good vehicle for sure. I liked it a lot since it was launched, then some people I know refrained from buying it because they felt it was good but overpriced. The other big advantage of owning a Punto based Avventura is that most issues big or small with these cars are documented here too and known and sorted. That leaves less room for element of surprise from reliability and maintenance perspective. That is yet another pro but not a big reason for not buying a Duster anyways.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

Alas, I dont think you will ever get a Jetta at that price. A used car, maybe. Perchance, yesterday, I sat in the new Corolla Altis. Felt quite comfortable. But it isnt significantly larger than the Linea in terms of cabin. But it did feel solidly built for a Jap car. Of course, it is priced way too much, but also feels quite sophisticated.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes you are right, I came across a used Jetta recently with a dealer, with asking price of 8L, pretty good cosmetically. Was willing to negotiate further. Though he admitted these weren't the 'hot cars' for a used car market. Don't even ask me what he said about Fiat cars.:rolleyes: Although his intelligence seemed limited to which cars are in demand and what FE they offer, so no point in further educating him.

Buying the Corolla is a no-brainer, esp. for those wanting to spend the extra premium they ask for. Being one of the most popular (best-selling) models worldwide it has more than proven credentials. Long long time ago I had the good fortune of experiencing someone's brand new fifth gen. model, a very unique experience and fresh interiors of an imported car, from the time when they used to import some of them. It accelerated like a bullet in those days but was very rashly driven by that driver due to the way it performed. :(

To me the Altis felt roomy on the inside. It certainly does feel good overall with a sense of built to last feel to it. For the price and segment the diesel in particular could have had a better engine option or alteast more BHP out of the existing engine. The gearbox seems fine for the manual one.
  5. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Tell me more about Abarth.
  6. Jagan Mohan Reddy

Jagan Mohan Reddy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
  7. Jagan Mohan Reddy

Jagan Mohan Reddy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to fiat family

Happy motoring...
  8. Pr@bhunav

Pr@bhunav Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  9. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Now that is hard to believe. Someone actually said it like it is.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 19, 2015, Original Post Date: Mar 19, 2015 ---
    Perfectly proven at this link. The Avvy is 2nd though the most fun-to-drive. Some things take a while to change
    http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/03/ca...ra-vs-cross-polo-vs-etios-cross-spec-comparo/
    Pr@bhunav and Jagan Mohan Reddy like this.
  10. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Refreshing to read and happy to know.