1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. amitshedha

amitshedha Novizio

Pune
    i20 active is launching in March and in a week it will sell more than what avventura has sold in its lifetime. :banghead:
    Can Fiat bring the T-jet avventura quickly & spend something on advertising??
    I think we teamfiatians can do better advertising than fiat does itself.
    Raj_pol likes this.
  2. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Oh absolutely. You are right and I was thinking exactly the same thing earlier. But in my very short time that I have been on teamfiat and got an Avventura, I discovered the following:
    • Our purchases and wishes really mean nothing to others and their needs mean nothing to us individually
    • We look at Fiat because we love it for certain things, perhaps brand not included. Others need not look for the same things.
    • If we are happy with our cars, that's all that matters. Rest be damned.
    • Yes, Fiat has a laid back attitude on sales and advertising. They take their sweet time to release new products
    • Do NOT get emotionally attached to a brand. We all feel for Fiat but we need to understand that we are not the business owners. FCA India is one cog in the wheel and the real reason for its existence might be profitability from engine outsourcing and not car selling.
    • If Fiat is happy with the way things are, don't bother. If Fiat is staying in India, that's all that matters.
    • Very importantly, Indians have a very very different mindset when it comes to buying cars. We look for safety in numbers (not build quality) and the approval of others. We look for resale value and get satisfaction knowing that we can get a good value on the car rather than actually enjoying the car.
    • Bling factor. very important to Indians. Add some chrome, change the stickering and viola, a hot seller.
    • The average Indian does not know what driving pleasure is. For us a car is a status symbol. An aspiration. Something to stoke the neighbour's envy. A family assurance. And Fiat offers none of those.
    So yes, Hyundai is now perceived as BMW quality in India. They have it bang on. Leave them alone, don't try justifying Fiat anymore unless asked for and just enjoy the drive.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

All good. But let me just add something here. BMW or the other German luxury marques are not the last word in consistent quality, if you ask me. The more humble variants from the Jap/Korean stables can and do beat them in this from time to time.

Slightly OTT, but I saw as many as 4-5 Avventuras all over Pune in the last couple of days. A red one, Bronze-tan one, a orange one and a white Avventura today morning.
    I must say the white Avventura looks interesting, and visually a bit larger than the other ones. It may have just been my eyes wide open in admiration for the rugged beauty, but still.
  4. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    The white does look bigger due to its more minimalistic appearance. Just white, black and glass. Nice to know that you saw 4-5 Avventuras. I have seen only one till now on the road, a white one.
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    The above points sum it up. As long as the car is providing happiness and the brand is here to provide support there is nothing else to worry.
    I have always found it amusing at how some members are sentimental about the brand - I am sentimental about my car, I give two cents about the brand.

However, I do keep hoping that Fiat and other brands like Ford would someday bring some of their more powerful, sporty versions at acceptable prices.

On a different note, the bike market seems to me to be more exciting in India compared to the cars. There is a far greater choice of bikes at very reasonable prices - one of the recent additions being bikes from Benelli.
  6. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Same here. Don't get me wrong. I too believe in branding. Its what passion is all about. The single minded focus to give a product an identity. Its uniqueness. But as a customer we need to fit the brand to our requirements and not the other way around. Fiat addresses a simple need. If you watch Top Gear, they harp about a car's driveability. They believe in hydraulic steering, balance, cornering ability and safety. Top Gear has also said that the Fiat 500 is the best hatch as it does what a car is supposed to do. They even set a lap time benchmark with the stig driving the 500. And the 3 presenters found it hard to overtake the stig in their sports cars because the Fiat was so nimble on the corners.

In fact, I was never a hard core fan of Fiat. The fact that it suits my requirement is what has made me believe in the brand. I still do not like their lethargy and disdain. But boy, they make nice cars.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  7. acechip

acechip Superiore

Ah, you reminded me of my other fantasy (and my wife's chagrin). From the nimble no-nonsense Ninja 650 to the tantalizing but temperamental HD, to the classic understated Bonneville, and now the Italian flair Benelli (esp 600 TNT with 22 litre fuel tank).
  8. Pr@bhunav

Pr@bhunav Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Whats lagging in FIAT vehicles that they cant be neighbour's envy!!! ? ...

I strongly feel that its their long persistant reputation of BAD After Sales Service and related matters, which is stopping mass to accept the brand and welcome home. As the emerging market of India has majority of Middle class /higher middle class people who look for cars in the price band of 8-12 lakh, they are obviously very cautious of each penny spent and don't want to take risk. I have seen many cases, where people shortlist the FIAT brand with heart, but finally compromise for this pseudo risk factor thinking Practical(according to them)!!!!.

As rightly mentioned by Vidyashankar, as long as I m happy with my car's charecteristics in sync with my priorities, and tension free ownership - I am satisfied!!! Sometimes I feel proud also , when my friends say they havent spotted any Avvy apart from mine in Bangalore, thinking that I own a distinct brand.. :p .. The same case was with my Dad's LML - Vespa - another Italian beuty, which was seen very less on roads as compared to Bajaj scooters (during Scooters era)!!! But who cares!! The joy of riding Vespa was a different experience as is with FIAT - with all the Drivers' needs in the affordable price brand and among the available options in Indian market.

I have completed 5500 km in my Avvy, and so far no complaints w.r.t the drivability and comforts of journey with my family.
    I have to admit that Tail gate rattle bothered me to a small extent for 2 -3 days after (5000 km), but it is also fixed now. But FIAT should accept the Rattle issue in the tail gate and try fixing it collectively for all the vehicles, rather providing temporary fixes by Fiat Service professionals.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    Krishna K, Raj_pol, prabhjot and 3 others like this.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We the TFI-ans will love to read more about your ownership experience.Please start one.
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

@Pr@bhunav, how is the ride quality on bad roads compared to Duster? Whenever I drove the Duster, it just totally isolated the occupants from the surface, especially the AWD version.
    Bad means really, continuous pothole/broken and frequent uneven surfaces.