1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I received a call from an official in the Corporate Communications department. It turns out that the dealer was perhaps postponing remittances to FCA. The car was never dispatched and there was no damage. The official has taken over and informed me that I will be informed of the despatch details today and that the registration will be done only after I approve after the PDI. And 2 officials extended their apologies to me for the minor irritation.

That was a pleasant experience with FCA. It saddens me to see that the dealers themselves are causing harm to an already shaky brand in India. With so much competition and skewed brand perceptions, this only hurts FCA more. Today, I understand through experience why people would just move away due to lack of transparency. It is only the 1% enthusiasts like us who would wait for the product than wait for the brand.
  2. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @Vidhyashankar Kannan

Who is the dealer in Hyderabad?

@Jagan Mohan Reddy, Sales Adviser at AV Motors, Hyderabad, a fiat enthusiast, is on the forum who is prompt and helpful.

Even Mr. Naveen Kumar, GM, is co operative and would do the best to customer. How about contacting AV Motors?

Hope your issue gets resolved and would have your car soon.
    Jagan Mohan Reddy likes this.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Saw Avventura's ad yesterday & at the end an award showcased. Which one is that? Anybody knew?
  4. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    design of the year,
    btw which channel did you see??..
    coz i'm yet to see one in the local channels
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It's Sony Pix and &Pictures i guess. But same is not yet updated in Fiat india's website too. Fiat should highlight these things.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @rishike007

I too have seen this ad which you mentioned about. In the end of the ad there was a message that Avvy had won the design of the year car award. But which channel, I dont recollect. Trying to find the ad through google, not available on Fiat India website of FB page.
    rishike007 likes this.
  7. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    The dealer in question is Butta Automotive. The only reason I went with them is because they promised the car by 21-Jan-15. Otherwise my choice was AV Motors as I had a more pleasant interaction with them. Good to know regarding @Jagan Mohan Reddy . I wish I'd known earlier. Anyway no harm no foul. Just the usual delays. As Fiat themselves have stepped in now to send the car, I think it should be fine. Otherwise, I will definitely contact AV Motors. Thank you @nbvcrao for the reference.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    award.jpg
  9. Jagan Mohan Reddy

Jagan Mohan Reddy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet

Hi
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip

I have never in several years of driving a 2008 Palio Stile, a 2013 Punto and 2 Linea-s (one old, 2009 and one new, 2014) ever faced an issue with 'approach'/'departure' angles, or with the suspension bouncing/bottoming over humps and deep potholes. The same I can say from personal experience does NOT apply to any of their competitors (esp the Verna, the VW Polo/Vento/S Rapid/Honda City new or old or older) etc. The first Punto-s at original launch probably did suffer a bit from the prominent Italian car-snout, that said. However, Fiat suspensions have been confirmed many times over to be unrivalled in their segments for ride flatness and composure even on some of our moonscape roads.

Needless to say, the Avventura is probably, along with the Duster/Terrano) the best sub-d-segment car on these essential 'desi' specifications (that all too many desi-s forget to consider! :confused::p). The Ecosport, will be fine over humps and potholes BUT it'll rattle and jar your bones in the process.:eek:

@Raj_pol

Interesting fact about the Duster is its flimsy, Jap/Korean-style build quality. Not coincidentally it rates a mere 3 stars on the EuroNCAP tests, with airbags etc.

The 85 hp Duster cannot hope to keep up with the 90 hp Avventura on more open roads, while the exorbitant higher-rated engine cannot hope to do as well as the Avventura in the city. I don't see how Avventura suffers in comparison in any way to the Duster (it isn't even roomy in the rear bench!), when one adjusts for price which is, what?, 3-5 lakhs+ more.

Nevertheless, it deserved its early-mover, USP sales bonanza over the last 2-3 years, since it is, however overpriced, a well-rounded and form-matches-substance kind of car/'SUV', just like all Fiats are.

Again not coincidentally, the Duster, a big international hit, is a (budget-)SUV/CUV from a European and not East-Asian car firm!

Still, that will not IMO prevent its sales from sinking in quick time once the Jap and Korean (and Tata+Mahindra) competition arrives, which is within a few months from now.

Also, I join you in desperately beseeching FCA into offering with localized manufacture the 500X at Duster topend prices or even a bit above, I promise to buy one, and so would a few other folks I know.

Just that Fiat should not expect to sell more than say a 100 or 3 of them!:p:dead: