1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I saw those pics today morning.... What a shody job! (IMO)
    Its obvious that they were in a hurry to put it on sale.
    And the rear is so cluttered. The bumber doesn't go well with the rest of the car...

The rear brake light design that looks so upmarket (although I don't think it's an original design) and the bumber light down just looks like its from the previous decade...

The ground clearance is increased, (in a car that is already famed for its handling)
    Waiting to see how it rides...
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  2. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Awww, is that a temptation @prabhjot ? I agree that Hyundai's improved a lot on the handling in the new i20 Elite. But I'll get one the day you post an Ownership review of it!
    prabhjot and joeswatmail like this.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It's not temptation, it's a competition between a real cross & cladded look a like cross :)
  4. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @joeswatmail . I do understand that waiting can be very frustrating. But can you elaborate 'not worth all the wait'. Do you mean that there are better cars out there in the market in that price range? If we compare all cars in that segments on the basis of all parameters Fiat cars will hold their own against all cars. Evo has got no match in the segment as far driving dynamics and build are concerned. Looks wise as well it stands out in the segment. Features wise i20 leads no doubt but other than reverse cam I do not think there is anything that will be missed in an Evo. That too can be retrofitted if required. There isn,t a more feelsome steering set up in the market in its segment.Not sure what your criteria for choosing a car but as far as I am concerned Evo is the best in its segment if you are one of those guys who loves to take the driver seat always. I am not saying there aren't any flaws with Evo. There are but they in no way are dealbreakers. The core values of a good car is taken well care of by Fiat. Being a GP 90 HP owner will I be buying another Fiat. Sure I will because once you drive a Fiat you are bound to fall for its driving dynamics. I am more worried I FIAT will be able to provide me with a upgrade path 2-3 years down the line.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @nibedk
    Hold ur horses mate...
    I never meant to say or mean any of that..
    I just said that after waiting so long and after i lay my hands on the car and if it started to have a few niggles "as mentioned in previous ownership reviews" I might be even more worried ...
    About Evo,
    I will stand by my choice, coz it was from my heart.
    I agree to everything you elaborated. This may be my first car but I've always admired fiat... And its for the very same reason that I am disappointed about the delay.
    Can't wait to drive mine...
    Raj_pol and prabhjot like this.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

There comes another pretty girl in a workmans overalls ! But this girl is actually prettier (IMO) than the one in our, er, "family". Now, whether she can run, jump and clamber across boulders better than our girl, well , remains a function of need. That her looks and features will make her more popular is a given. But here is the funniest part. She can carry the same amount of baggage without having to hang her spare shoes on her back !!
    rishike007 likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip

'Kitsch car' by a kitsch car maker....it's a melange, a kitshch-di of styling elements, and without substance too (build, toughness, GC, ride or/and handling....), but both are only to be expected of Hyundai (and Honda).

e.g., How those 'fluidic' tail-lights (copied from the Alfa Romeo Giulietta) go with the rest of the car's form, or the rough-tough crossover 'idea'/'funda' I cannot fathom. I'd say even the Etios Cross is sounder, chunkier/beefier, and more coherent design-wise, even if not any truer-in-substance to that idea.

I really do feel only the Avventura and the expensive Duster/Terrano are all-told, all-round pukka 'cross'overs in the Indian mass market: the rest perhaps/arguably including even the exorbitant Ecosport are compromised in too many ways to be at all persuasive. BUT: what do I/we know, eh?

This Hyundai, unlike the Avventura, is what the market would prefer both you and I can be pretty sure, even though it is inspired (shall we not say?) by the Fiat. I'd say it'll sell to the tune of at least 1200/month to go with the hatch's sales of what? 9000+ ?! o_O:wideyed:

Ah well. :yawn::p
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 25, 2015 ---
    The Hyundai Santa Fe and the i10 Grand are to me, though they styled in Europe by Europeans mostly for Europeans and/or Americans are positively fantastic designs, the first non-kitschy stuff from Hyundai since the Getz/the old Tucson: charismatic yet harmonic/coherent, eye-catching yet 'mature'. Unlike the i20 elite/cross which IS a mish-mash that just does not hang together IMO, BUT it sells and how!

What do I/We know?:p:yawn:
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

Gangnam style- is nothing but a bunch of dogs howling in a streetfight. Not to mention the dance. Thats kitsch. If you want to associate that adjective to Hyundai designs, then I cannot agree.
    Regardless, its the people who will make the choice. And Fiat will now have a really tough time justifying that external spare wheel.

Both the designs have one limitations though. The front overhang is way too much for the cars to have a 100% successful (scrape-free) departure from a deep pothole or crater both of which are plentiful on our roads. In that regard, the Ecosport is slightly better, and the Duster is quite good.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    Dr Nitin Dutta and rishike007 like this.
  9. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @acechip Also engines. Though they might not be a factor in sales - a crossover would need powerful engines which the Duster has. Truly speaking, the Duster is the only one I appreciate. Rest, including Fiat are well hatchbacks on high heels.
    Ah, in about 5 years when I am ready to migrate (hopefully) from Odin to something bigger I hope Fiat is ready with something new (the 2020 version of 500X) maybe.
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  10. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Dear Rajpol

i believe that you will the option of choosing jeep renegade in India from 2017 or 2018, which will be a perfect option for Migration because "Water covers 3/4 of the Earth, JEEP covers the rest".

Thanks