1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Avventura - Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by nkrishnap, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Vidhyashankar Kannan Appreciate you being patient and since a car is a one time purchase - it should always be "my" way or the highway
  2. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    New Avvy in Grey Colour

IMG-20150223-WA0005.jpg IMG-20150223-WA0008.jpg IMG-20150223-WA0006.jpg IMG-20150223-WA0007.jpg
  3. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    And treasure hunt gets even better! The car was supposed to come today. So in an earnestness, I make a call to the dealer asking if I can come to do a PDI and.......:jawdrop:

It seems my car was damaged slightly during transit and had to be sent back to the factory! I really don't understand guys. This is my first new car ever and I am truly amused now. My wife has asked me to cancel the booking and take a Zest or an i20. What's up with Fiat? What am I missing here? Anyone have any ideas? I'm still not angry, just amused and shocked at the new excuses coming up all the time.
  4. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Vidhyashankar Kannan
    Better to wait and enjoy the car rather than cancelling ,buying something else and repenting later. Check with other dealers in HYD if they can deliver you earlier. If so press with the current one and tell them you will cancel if they do not give you any clarity.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    It is easier said than done...
    Reading many evo ownership, I also fear, what if it turns out to be 'not worth all tge wait? '
    But I still try hard and keep myself positive...

@Vidhyashankar Kannan
    I am on the same treasure hunt for 3 months now...
    And ur previous post regarding ur car being damaged during transit and sending it back, struck fear into me.... I think I should be prepared for excuses like that too...
  6. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @nibedk : I have no intentions of canceling the booking. ;) Neither Fiat nor I am going to run away. Its just a car at the end of the day. It will come when it has to.

Not to worry. Your car will come. I just called up and spoke to a very senior FCA executive who told me that none of their cars get damaged to the extent that the dealer has said. They lock in their cars in the trailers and only if the trailer itself turned over would any of the cars get damaged. So there is something else happening with the dealer. I have mailed another FCA executive too saying that if Fiat cannot manage its own dealers, the customer is not to be blamed. Let me see what happens. :rolleyes:
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Vidhyashankar Kannan

Assuming the story about damage in transit is true: what's the problem? Wait some more. Especially since most cars from honda, maruti, hyundai, ford, tata, skoda and vw have waiting times that are as long or longer.

Fiat has to manage the production numbers and dealer inventories ultra-carefully, since they don't have the huge sales volumes. The car cannot be bought 'off-the-shelf' as it were, well maybe at the end of the year, certainly not at its beginning.

As long as you are sure you are not being strung along by the dealer (squatting on your full payment), waiting is right, i feel. Keep the pressure up, though.

all the best.
  8. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot : I have no issues in waiting at all. These things are part and parcel of life. I do however have a doubt on the dealer now as the people I spoke to at Fiat sounded genuine. And that's where its funny. I haven't even paid the amount in full. So its on the dealer to deliver quickly so that he can collect. But I did have to write a stern mail to Fiat as they need to know what their dealers are upto and rein them in.

Besides, if I do cancel the booking, what's the alternative? Ecosport :p? Liva Cross :smuggrin:?
    joeswatmail and prabhjot like this.
  9. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot, I really understand how big the issues are with managing the inventory and supply chain by Fiat. But the point is this...
    If I was told by the Dealer that I will be getting my car after 4 months or 6 months even, I will be ready to wait for an Evo. But not knowing when the car will be available , or giving a different excuse each time by the Dealer.
    And, the Dealer having no idea about whether the order is arriving or not...
    These things r disappointing...
    "Sir next week ur car will be at the showroom definitely "
    Later...
    " Sir... Its being delayed"
    Hope u understand wat am all about...
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    http://www.rushlane.com/hyundai-i20-active-spied-12145130.html

Take a look at the upcoming cross version of the i20 elite. Then consider its Hyundai-special ride-handling-steering..er...prowess.:eek::confused:

Right after you do, we will understand and indeed expect you to need to go......have a nice (bitter angry?) laugh!:p;)